Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Conclave More Rewarding

--RV--Meta

25 minutes ago, TheJadrimian said:

If the stances and mods were available in PvE they might be attractive as rewards – as it stands, however, most of them only feed back into Conclave, so they're not likely to tempt PvE players into trying out the mode (as much as I personally enjoy the weapon augs as someone who's already into it).

Well, it's been requested to make these stances usable in PvE. Sure, they may not be "optimal" but f*ck it, they are Fun, and the Machete Conclave stance is actually good

25 minutes ago, TheJadrimian said:

The riv armour's currently perhaps the best example, though I can't say I've ever seen anyone in anything less than the Elite set. I imagine it's rather like sigils in the main syndicates: unless you can get them for free, why waste standing on them when you know you're just going to cast them aside in favour of the superior set at a higher tier? I reckon unique cosmetics would be more desirable.

I use the Riv mid chestpiece, and the mid leg plates have those moon lights on them that look cool. Also remember that only the Elite Riv armor is available for platinum, meaning any lower part comes from playing Conclave while the Elite could have been purchased from the market.

17 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Well, it's been requested to make these stances usable in PvE. Sure, they may not be "optimal" but f*ck it, they are Fun, and the Machete Conclave stance is actually good

I use the Riv mid chestpiece, and the mid leg plates have those moon lights on them that look cool. Also remember that only the Elite Riv armor is available for platinum, meaning any lower part comes from playing Conclave while the Elite could have been purchased from the market.

I'd also like to see those stances in PvE. Since we're talking about ways to make Conclave more rewarding, there's one easy option. :P

Didn't know anything about 'moon lights' on the other riv armours – the preview images don't give much away in that regard, which in itself is a bit of an obstacle to making some of the rewards more appealing. Would I be right in assuming, however, that you discovered this preference after acquiring the elite armour set as well and comparing them directly? Assuming you had the standing to do so when they were first added, of course.

Even if the lower-tier riv armours were popular, however, they're still only slight variations on one cosmetic set. Some more shiny things in the lower tiers wouldn't go amiss, I feel.

1 hour ago, TheJadrimian said:

Didn't know anything about 'moon lights' on the other riv armours – the preview images don't give much away in that regard, which in itself is a bit of an obstacle to making some of the rewards more appealing. Would I be right in assuming, however, that you discovered this preference after acquiring the elite armour set as well and comparing them directly? Assuming you had the standing to do so when they were first added, of course.

Yeah, the preview images don't give a hint about that. The little moons are on the Comp Riv Legplates. Yeah, I had maxed standing when they were added, bought the Min and Comp Rivs the first week, then it took about 3 weeks to get the Elite (since it¡s a whooping 100k a piece). Min and Comp are 20 and 30k a piece iirc. The sets are divided in 3 pieces (shoulders, legplates and chestpiece). Once I got everything I mix and matched.

2 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Yeah, the preview images don't give a hint about that. The little moons are on the Comp Riv Legplates. Yeah, I had maxed standing when they were added, bought the Min and Comp Rivs the first week, then it took about 3 weeks to get the Elite (since it¡s a whooping 100k a piece). Min and Comp are 20 and 30k a piece iirc. The sets are divided in 3 pieces (shoulders, legplates and chestpiece). Once I got everything I mix and matched.

Heh, I'd forgotten the Elite set was so expensive; been a long time since I farmed it up.

i think the rewards are fine... other then that really stupid back we get at the end... it only lights up if u pvp every day... WHY would we have to keep pvping to fully enjoy something i worked so hard to get... i get they want us to play more after we hit max rank but what if u make it where we can upgrade it by keep on pvp and it STAYS that way. no gotta pvp every day to keep it looking good then keep pvping when ever to make it look better forever. the skin i really enjoy tbh and i am about to hit max rank. i think they need to add more to it as always due to they add new stuff all the time. but really they should add armor that is ONLY getable by pvp. not have lesser versions the way up but a REALLY epic one you can only get by being top rank.pvp as a whole needs to be a lil more rewarding and more flashie. AKA make some really epic looking stuff for max rank only. just so ppl will REALLY wana do it. ppl now days really into looks. sooo

30 minutes ago, Urska said:

i think the rewards are fine... other then that really stupid back we get at the end... it only lights up if u pvp every day... WHY would we have to keep pvping to fully enjoy something i worked so hard to get... i get they want us to play more after we hit max rank but what if u make it where we can upgrade it by keep on pvp and it STAYS that way. no gotta pvp every day to keep it looking good then keep pvping when ever to make it look better forever. the skin i really enjoy tbh and i am about to hit max rank. i think they need to add more to it as always due to they add new stuff all the time. but really they should add armor that is ONLY getable by pvp. not have lesser versions the way up but a REALLY epic one you can only get by being top rank.pvp as a whole needs to be a lil more rewarding and more flashie. AKA make some really epic looking stuff for max rank only. just so ppl will REALLY wana do it. ppl now days really into looks. sooo

Well, the Syadanna you can keep 3 flames up until weeks reset via the Weekly mission, it looks cool with 3 flames up too. If you want all 4 then it's just a matter of doing the weekly and then one challenge a day.

We have armor that is obtained trough PvP only: the Riv min and Riv comp.

I think another possible cosmetic to get would be a Conclave badge. My idea was "get badge once for 100k standing, and then upgrade it (like Stratos badge) by purchasing it again for 100k each upgrade". It would have like 10-20 levels. So that's a lot to work on.

But that's high end incentive, for early incentives I think making the Conclave stances usable in PvE would be enough, as stances are almost cosmetic by this point on PvE.

Just now, Nazrethim said:

Well, the Syadanna you can keep 3 flames up until weeks reset via the Weekly mission, it looks cool with 3 flames up too. If you want all 4 then it's just a matter of doing the weekly and then one challenge a day.

We have armor that is obtained trough PvP only: the Riv min and Riv comp.

I think another possible cosmetic to get would be a Conclave badge. My idea was "get badge once for 100k standing, and then upgrade it (like Stratos badge) by purchasing it again for 100k each upgrade". It would have like 10-20 levels. So that's a lot to work on.

But that's high end incentive, for early incentives I think making the Conclave stances usable in PvE would be enough, as stances are almost cosmetic by this point on PvE.

if u read what i said. i said its stupid to have lesser verion of the armor though out the ranks then with the TOP one being in the market for plate... competely makes it w.e... and the back as i ALSO SAID its stupid to keep having to pvp to keep it looking good. WHY would work hard to get a reward that is 10% unless u keep pvping to keep it how it should be. AS I SAID after that, it SHOULD be pvping for upgrades for it THAT dont go away or reset....did you even read?

8 minutes ago, Urska said:

if u read what i said. i said its stupid to have lesser verion of the armor though out the ranks then with the TOP one being in the market for plate... competely makes it w.e... and the back as i ALSO SAID its stupid to keep having to pvp to keep it looking good. WHY would work hard to get a reward that is 10% unless u keep pvping to keep it how it should be. AS I SAID after that, it SHOULD be pvping for upgrades for it THAT dont go away or reset....did you even read?

We need a Celestia Armor to match the Syandana that can only be obtained from conclave and requires you to play conclave to get the full effects.

There's a whole post on this subforum with debate on the Celestia's flame mechanics and the general consensus of those who actively play conclave is that it's fine as is:

I just hope we get server browsing or something that'll make finding matches easier so that Conclave might grow.

10 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

We need a Celestia Armor to match the Syandana that can only be obtained from conclave and requires you to play conclave to get the full effects.

There's a whole post on this subforum with debate on the Celestia's flame mechanics and the general consensus of those who actively play conclave is that it's fine as is:

I just hope we get server browsing or something that'll make finding matches easier so that Conclave might grow.

tbh they shouldnt add server browsing... it would make it where less people would host server due to everyone going to a hand full of servers like 4... already having an issue with this as 1 guy takes 80% of every match with a HUGE unfair gap... i am temped to just give up on hosting cuz no one really joins due to him... a few matches a day... but thx for the link, will read n post to it cuz its stupid how it is set up... the leaderboards them selfs are just wrong and need rework as well... as theirs a missing factor it really ranks by.... i got a topic about it

Edited by Urska

1 minute ago, Urska said:

tbh they shouldnt add server browsing... it would make it where less people would host server due to everyone going to a hand full of servers like 4... already having an issue with this as 1 guy takes 80% of every match with a HUGE unfair gap... i am temped to just give up on hosting cuz no one really joins due to him... a few matches a day... but thx for the link, will read n post to it cuz its stupid how it is set up...

Right now, the issue is that there are too many people hosting servers, and many of them have poor hardware or networking, which makes playing on them an absolute horror. And because we can't select which server to join, often enough we are forced into these bad servers because they happen to be the closest to us. If we had a way to rate servers and then let the matchmaking take that into account when selecting a server, that'd be nice, too. If Conclave had more players, then matchmaking would help a lot to increase player experience since people would be less likely to be steam rolling each other. 

I've seen a lot of people say that they want the Conclave skins, but aren't willing to play Conclave to get them, so the rewards aren't incentivizing enough for the experience they go through, so a logical thing to do is to improve player experience, with matchmaking and hosts (both dedicated servers and listen servers) being the major issues right now.

1 minute ago, Heckzu said:

Right now, the issue is that there are too many people hosting servers, and many of them have poor hardware or networking, which makes playing on them an absolute horror. And because we can't select which server to join, often enough we are forced into these bad servers because they happen to be the closest to us. If we had a way to rate servers and then let the matchmaking take that into account when selecting a server, that'd be nice, too. If Conclave had more players, then matchmaking would help a lot to increase player experience since people would be less likely to be steam rolling each other. 

I've seen a lot of people say that they want the Conclave skins, but aren't willing to play Conclave to get them, so the rewards aren't incentivizing enough for the experience they go through, so a logical thing to do is to improve player experience, with matchmaking and hosts (both dedicated servers and listen servers) being the major issues right now.

the issue isnt we cant pick, the issue is we should be able to rank them... or have DE add a server test. if its not great. it gives a low number/ computer ranking then if its too low. it blocks them and says their techy isnt acceptable to host. by them adding it where we can pick what servers would just ruin hosting even more. its bad how it is due to that 1 guy. by adding it where people can pick server would make it even wrost.... and people who CAN host with really good computers n net would quit. i have a computer runing just for this. with super fast bunsnes class net on a computer that sits at 2% idle. and then 5% when people play on it.... its over kill but its up for people to enjoy... but no. i get no matches due to this 1 guy sucking them all up...

56 minutes ago, Urska said:

Well, the Comp legplates and chestpiece look better than the elite IMO. The badge part was also a permanent addition, the upgrade part would be the long term part, but once you have the badge fully upgraded that's it.

12 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Well, the Comp legplates and chestpiece look better than the elite IMO. The badge part was also a permanent addition, the upgrade part would be the long term part, but once you have the badge fully upgraded that's it.

i know, going to get them once i hit max rank, same with weapon skins. the issue is the lack of good rewards and all. i think 1 epic reward away from it being cared about fully.  server hosting was a good add however its broken and unfair as 1 guy gets 80% of all the matches....and has a 20k hosting points gap from the 2nd place person...

Edited by Urska