The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Ancient Disruptors' auras stack again

aerosoul1337

I remember there was an update that fixed ancients' auras, made them not stack with the same type.

Currently,  Ancient Disruptors' auras still stack.
The energy drain stacks, the ability resistance stacks.
Most CC durations become 0 (such as Nyx's Chaos) if there are 2~3 disruptors nearby.

And toxic ancients' auras stack too =(

EDIT: add this video

The duration of Chaos is 38.75 seconds.
But when I cast it against 4 Disruptors, it lasts only 0.1 second (you can see that duration number in HD mode) and the illusions of Nyx disappear instantly.
When 1 of them runs in alone, I cast another Chaos lasts 2 second on it.
Even Chaos Sphere doesn't work at all.

Edited by aerosoul1337

6 hours ago, Metsudo said:

I was beginning to thing I was going senile tbh, as I noticed that there seemed to be some weird resistance & duration issues with the infested. Glad to see that the few marbles I have left are still working correctly.

Nova still works, even got reduced by 75%, M. Prime has very long effect duration (base 30 seconds without mod).
(If there is no multiple disruptors stick around, the auras stack multiplicatively.)

But they spawn so frequently. =(

3 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

CC duration penalty is supposed to be an effect of the Ancient Healer's aura, not the Disruptor's.

Trust me, you are wrong.

Healer's aura provides 90% damage resistance and stagger / knock down immunity, and transfer all status to the healer.

Now about Disruptor:
1.Its aura reduces ability damage by 90%.
2.The aura also reduces any ability debuff or CC duration by 75%, and this stacks with other disruptor nearby.
3.The aura provides energy drain for all infested within range, this stacks too. And the energy drain scales with Disruptor's level.
4.And disruptor can inflict magnetic proc.
5.Disruptor is a common unit, it spawns a lot more often than other types of ancient. This makes aura stacking very scary. (In defense missions it starts to spawn at the first wave.)

That's why you said ancient healer is the top threat of infested last time, I think you are confused.
If you still don't believe me, simply spawn 3~4 disruptors in the simulacrum, and cast Nyx's Chaos, it will expire instantly. (0.25^4)
The weird thing is chaos is supposed to "break" their aura, but it take place "after" disruptor's aura. Radiation Proc in the other hand, can last its full duration.
But irradiating disarm is different (it is not a real Radiation proc despite it works almost the same way), its duration will be reduced by disruptor aura too.

Edited by aerosoul1337

18 minutes ago, aerosoul1337 said:

Trust me, you are wrong.

Healer's aura provides 90% damage resistance and stagger / knock down immunity, and transfer all status to the healer.

Now about Disruptor:
1.Its aura reduces ability damage by 90%.
2.The aura also reduces any ability debuff or CC duration by 75%, and this stacks with other disruptor nearby.
3.The aura provides energy drain for all infested within range, this stacks too. And the energy drain scales with Disruptor's level.
4.And disruptor can inflict magnetic proc.
5.Disruptor is a common unit, it spawns a lot more often than other types of ancient. This makes aura stacking very scary. (In defense missions it starts to spawn at the first wave.)

That's why you said ancient healer is the top threat of infested last time, I think you are confused.
If you still don't believe me, simply spawn 3~4 disruptors in the simulacrum, and cast Nyx's Chaos, it will expire instantly. (0.75^4)
The weird thing is chaos is supposed to "break" their aura, but it take place "after" disruptor's aura. Radiation Proc in the other hand, can last its full duration.
But irradiating disarm is different (it is not a real Radiation proc despite it works almost the same way), its duration will be reduced by disruptor aura too.

When the Ancient auras were launched, the Healer aura had the CC reduction attribute, not the Disruptor aura.  This may have been a bug that was stealth-fixed, but it was definitely the case initially.  In fact, this property appears to have disappeared entirely for a long time, until it was introduced again in a recent patch.  I used to bring a Radiation proc source to make CC more consistent in Infested missions, but I noticed that it was no longer necessary and stopped bringing it fairly long time ago; now I need it again.

Healers are a top priority in Infested missions because their aura drastically increases TTK against most units (most critically against Mutalist Ospreys and MOAs,) and can tip the balance against your group quickly.  Toxic Ancients are also much more dangerous than Disruptors due to the bonus Toxin damage aura and the "scream of death" which can literally allow them to kill you just by looking at you.  Disruptors are relatively unimportant by contrast, unless you're room-clearing with powerspam.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

1 hour ago, RealPandemonium said:

When the Ancient auras were launched, the Healer aura had the CC reduction attribute, not the Disruptor aura.  This may have been a bug that was stealth-fixed, but it was definitely the case initially.  In fact, this property appears to have disappeared entirely for a long time, until it was introduced again in a recent patch.  I used to bring a Radiation proc source to make CC more consistent in Infested missions, but I noticed that it was no longer necessary and stopped bringing it fairly long time ago; now I need it again.

But I think those auras have not been changed for 2 years at least. What not used to work is Corrupted ancient's aura, it used to do nothing but heal 100 health occasionally.
Also I will add this video in the first post of this thread.

The duration of Chaos is 38.75 seconds.
But when I cast it against 4 Disruptors, it lasts only 0.1 second (you can see that duration number in HD mode) and the illusions of Nyx disappear instantly.
When 1 of them runs in alone, I cast another Chaos that lasts 2 second on it.
Even Chaos Sphere doesn't work at all.

Anyways, there was an update log said they fixed disruptors' auras stacking (and toxic ancient's auras), but somehow it is still broken.

Edited by aerosoul1337

33 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

There were only several stun abilities that used to work against disruptor aura:
1.All blinding abilities
2.Frost's Avalanche

After a recent unlisted change, disruptor aura started to work against them.

As for threat level, it's subjective and I respect your opinion. But no one uses ability spam to clear infested in higher level.
In lower level disruptor is not that scary, but when they spawn more and more in endless missions and their energy drain scales very fast. In higher level such as 100+ you do need CC, that's why I hate disruptor, they can do too many things, and mostly anti fun.