Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris prime mastery rank

(PSN)xxbestestkillerz

Question

40 minutes ago, (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER said:

I like it having a higher mastery rank, it gives mastery rank a purpose, adds a sense of progression, and it prevents new players from starting the game, buying the best weapons - therefore making all the other weapons pointless to acquire. It was a huge problem a while ago when everybody ran around with boltor primes and Rhino prime after just starting the game..

I dont think it should be too high either though, because I have been playing since launch, but only built weapons that interested me, and that I wanted to use. As a result my mastery rank is only about 17 from natural progression, as opposed to grinding up and levelling weapons just for mastery rank.

I dont feel that people should feel forced to buy and level up weapons excessively to progress, in a system that charges for weapon slots.  It should feel a natrual progress, with a choice to grind further for optional benefits.

I do like having higher tier weapons reserved for players of higher rank though, they just need to be careful not to have stuff locked too high. Things locked at MR 18 or more would seem an impossible mountain for new players and make it seem "pay to win" unless reasonable alternatives are available (which in Tigris Primes/Galatine Primes case there currently are).

This is just what i thought just in bit longer form. Nice that there is someone else thinking like me.

16 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Considering my clan hasn't researched it before it was fixed, no I haven't but now that it is, My point stands :3

well, once you get it, you'll see how it outclasses the galatine prime in damage, provided it's used properly.

it still does more damage than galatine prime even post fix.

Edited by ObviousLee

just lvl up everything u are not... click on my profil equipment.. and all items who dont have full blue bar... craft it lvl it up.. u will get pretty fast ranks..and tigris p  is pretty strong wepons that why is locked at mr13

On 10/28/2016 at 2:49 PM, (PS4)abbacephas said:

It's actually MR13. That being said, I don't think this will happen as some of the more powerful weapons should be earned and a way to ensure that is to lock them behind a minimum Mastery Rank. 

I mean, F*** farming the parts, right? That's not nearly enough work. You need to have been at least playing 300 hours before we'll let you use this gun. Maybe give us $60 and we'll give it to your for work to earn it!

1 minute ago, Snowbluff said:

I mean, F*** farming the parts, right? That's not nearly enough work. You need to have been at least playing 300 hours before we'll let you use this gun. Maybe give us $60 and we'll give it to your for work to earn it!

There is games with much worse systems. In some games you need level to get weapons AND you have to use real money to get half of the weapons.

If you make weapons more readily available by cutting down the mastery rank requirement, you're inviting a much higher chance of them being consequently nerfed. I don't want anything nerfed, given how DE has a history if taking it way too far (ex. synoid gammacor).

If anything, I'd rather see weapons be given higher MR requirements if it means avoiding a nerf.

Edited by Pizzarugi

As someone of MR 15, I do not think anything should be locked this high. I think MR 10-12 should have been the cap tbh.  

Honestly, it's mostly just cruel. I consider myself a relatively casual player and almost all of my leveling was done solo (all but like 5 of my weapons were done by myself), so I definitely know how it feels to have to grind a long way to get something that's good and how it feels to go through levels for materials with trash weapons.

It isn't fun.

People of fairly high MR tend to get relatively easily disillusioned about the actual grind for weapons, and the impact that locking weapons would have on the newer/more casual playerbase. 

Put simply, it would screw people over big time. By taking away the powerful weapons, players are left with the garbage that's left and are forced to progress with that.

Now, if Mastery Ranks were to be reworked, along with the whole system of leveling up, I'd be for it as long as it put everyone on the same page. 

To speak plainly - if you want to lock new/powerful weapons behind some kind of wall, make EVERYONE work for it, not just newer players. People shouldn't just get instant access to the new hotness/powercreep because they did some grinding in the past. 

On 10/30/2016 at 11:50 PM, TrickshotMcGee said:

To speak plainly - if you want to lock new/powerful weapons behind some kind of wall, make EVERYONE work for it, not just newer players. People shouldn't just get instant access to the new hotness/powercreep because they did some grinding in the past. 

So we should not play at all between new weapons, because DE will just move the goal post to F*** us over a little more each time?

I'll try to be gentle.

1)This game exists just due to lack of P2W and lack of grinding (note: Grind =/= farm).

2)most high MR players got there the easy way with nerfed stuff so i don't think they should talk about working to get there.

3)Its a game, its about fun and not work

4)I am perfectly fine with a MR barrier... but for hard to use weapons and not for overpowered stuff that makes the game easier.

P.S. i already reached proper MR for everything....but i remember how "fun" it was when i carefully tried to aim for the head of enemies to get some more damage hoping to kill that sortie eximus....to see everything vaporized by the usual simulor mirage just dashing thrsough rooms.

Don't know why you want to have a huge skill requirement for lower MR and a 0 skill requirement for high MR.....but the number of old draco players is an answer by itself.

Edited by VonDodo

On 11/1/2016 at 3:05 PM, Snowbluff said:

So we should not play at all between new weapons, because DE will just move the goal post to F*** us over a little more each time?

why not play game and progress...that is like u join army and u wish to become general..earn it...