The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Revision

EmptyDevil

11 minutes ago, Grievouslover said:
11 minutes ago, Grievouslover said:

I'm new to warframe and when I first started playing, stalker attacked me on Europa. My friend helped me get Loki by taxi to Neptune so I had a lvl 5 Loki and didn't know what mods were. When stalker started talking I thought it was part the story  and I was a little scared. He spawned in and I was about to shoot him when he ohk me with dread.

you're lucky you saw him. when i first encountered stalker he spawned behind me and instakilled me with a hit to the back. i thought i got killed by a player or by an entity tf2 spy style. the next time he spawned i started flipping all over the place so it couldnt happen again

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:50 AM, Hearsay said:

Only gripe I have with this is execution and new players.  Stalker is a death sentence to newer players without capable gear.  Stalker shows up to one and its effectively automatic mission failure since they would get destroyed by him, which would be incredibly frustrating.  The G3 give you a chance to run at least, but the Stalker locks you in.  G3 and Zanuka are also muuuuuch harder to get marked by.  Plus, newer players can't avoid bosses since they have to fight them to advance.

Solution while keeping execution?  Shadow Stalker does it, regular does not.  Regular is menacing enough when you're not strong enough to fight it off, no need to make newer players quit because they get to auto-mission fail whenever the normal Stalker arrives.

It's only a mission fail. Stalker is rare with only one or two marks. After their second or third fight most will probably know enough about him to kill him safely. Once I got a pattern going (get a few shots in and keep him at long range and watch out for the dread) I was fine.

7 hours ago, Floppinger said:

DE could also just give Shadow Stalker some sort of throwing knives. Imo regular Stalker with his bow was more of threat than Shadow Stalker is.

no thanks..its bad enough that if you stop moving he WILL get you faster than you can react

3 hours ago, xcynderx said:

no thanks..its bad enough that if you stop moving he WILL get you faster than you can react

3 hours ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

I agree with the throwing knives being a bad idea but the Shadow Stalker is fine. It's not "bad enough"

Seriously?

Once you figure out to run away from the spinny thing, Shadow Stalker pretty much can´t kill you anymore.

It becomes a gear check whether or not he can outlast you.

3 minutes ago, Floppinger said:

Seriously?

Once you figure out to run away from the spinny thing, Shadow Stalker pretty much can´t kill you anymore.

It becomes a gear check whether or not he can outlast you.

well when your leveling gear and have to jump around like a rabbit just to not get hit.....i managed to take Shadow out with explosive despair....after he had adapted to my other weapons.....and i was in Equinox at the time on a griener galleon run...most of the time he isnt that hard, but like you said, you have to be properly geared....geared to fight sentients....

16 hours ago, xcynderx said:

well when your leveling gear and have to jump around like a rabbit just to not get hit.....i managed to take Shadow out with explosive despair....after he had adapted to my other weapons.....and i was in Equinox at the time on a griener galleon run...most of the time he isnt that hard, but like you said, you have to be properly geared....geared to fight sentients....

I managed take out Shadow Stalker with Voban Prime (30 lvl) and Staticor (0 lvl) only (it was on Accad? but no one hadn't connected to that mission)... And... It wasn't hard at any way... only run by circle and striking when i can, there was only hard moment... IT HAD TAKEN A 20 MINUTES FOR ME (if i would brought a cat with me it would be much faster) ))) And what... That Jewish (nod mentioned to offence someone) avenger didn't dropped anything

So i think it is right to boost Shadow Stalker, cause it is really easy to beat

21 hours ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

Hell no! Regular Stalker was easy because he died in a couple of shots.

And what changed? Shadow Stalker also easy die from couple of shots if you have good ammunition! but instead of regular Stalker, it is much harder to be killed from Shadow Stalker

i honestly think the one thing that could be changed is how long we have to prepare for his actually threat...3 warnings that take about 20-30 seconds total...PLUS about 5-10 seconds just for him to finally start going on the hunt...more than enough time to be mentally prepared to not freak out...which, even undergeared in terms of weapons is easy...if your in a frame (i think they made it so he ONLY appears once your frame is rank 10+ (and mastery 5)

maybe 2 warnings like the other death squads from the syndicates. and some way to make him faster at getting going once he spawns.

Edited by xcynderx

+1 to all but one thing: the way we get our deathmarks - i rather would have them permanently on me than doing a killing spree through sol's bosses every few days when i ran out "reasons" for him to visit me. so more like the assassin squads from the syndicates with a bit higher frequency of his visits, the higher our mastery rank goes (same for the normal syndicate killers, zanuka and g3) not so high a chance that we get visits in every mission but more of them the greater threat we become (mr-level).

also, in addition to a mission failure for the "victim" (which again i would like to expand to all assassins and increase the teamplay with that) there should be a little penalty after stalkers decap-actions too - like that we are unable to use the beheaded frame for a small time (maybe one hour) due to "maintenance" to get the head back on (maybe with the exception for players with only one frame).

I understand that my fellow tenno players will always want content to be more challenging but at the same time. The stalker especially as an antagonist needs to be kept balanced between levels. Even if he was set to balance to the average Mr on a squad. That makes him too easy for the strongest and a major threat for the weakest. Because I don't know know about everyone else but I normally play with people ranging between Mr 19 and Mr 8 as a Mr 12 player myself. And my gear now is not much stronger than it was at Mr 8. So even then there is no way for DE to register our power levels. And adding unnecessary content when we are waiting on the more important big stuff to be completed when it is already running behind due to the sheer work load.  

Sorry, what?

Auto-fail when Stalker kills you? And buffing him as well?

Disabling the warframe that got killed? Why not take it away permanently then? With all the weapons, gear and companions while you are at it?

When Staker kills you you don't have the mark removed. And you get one for every boss including Phorid and Lephantis, so you are proposing a potentially infiite number of auto-failed missions.

You don't mind failing missions? I do. I hate failing missions.

So all I ask is if all those buffs to Stalker got implemented, to add an option to delete an account. Because I'll want to do just that after two or three such auto-fails. Call me crazy, but I'm playing this game to have fun. Not to feel threatened and miserable.

On 10/29/2016 at 3:46 PM, EmptyDevil said:

Player Death Mechanics

When Stalker reduces a player's health to zero, the player should be put into the standard bleedout state(Including Inaros). Stalker will approach the player and perform a unique head-severing finisher, consuming all revives(including Arcane revives). The player would not be able to continue the mission if Stalker is successful.

Stalker would have 2 unique finishers, one for each form. 

THANK YOU!!!! I ALWAYS WONDERED WHY!!! HE LEFT AND I HAVE REVIVES!! YOU DIDN'T PERFORM JUSTICE!!!!

i personally think the stalker is useless after second dream! HERE's my suggestion after he defeats, he leaves you lifeless. there should be a cut-scene him entering the ship and he confronts you and kill the operator then he kneels, and says, "  it is done, you are no more!" then you see the words mission FAIL!! because after TSD you find out your not in the warframe so WHAT'S the point of killing puppets. 

Edited by (PS4)BIGHEBREW

The only assassin bosses done well so far are Zanuka with some quick fun and actual consequences should you some day fail and Grustrag 3 with "One of them is wearing a scarf" comedy.

Stalker is just so edgy and a tedious bullet sponge to deal with (Like any sentient). Now with even more edge: "look at me. I'm a sentient, throwing sentient disco balls."

4 hours ago, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

i personally think the stalker is useless after second dream! HERE's my suggestion after he defeats, he leaves you lifeless. there should be a cut-scene him entering the ship and he confronts you and kill the operator then he kneels, and says, "  it is done, you are no more!" then you see the words mission FAIL!! because after TSD you find out your not in the warframe so WHAT'S the point of killing puppets. 

If he manages to beat your frame it doesn't mean he can track you down. And even if he did find you he would have to face all the other frames you own.

Edited by Golmihr

2 hours ago, Golmihr said:

The only assassin bosses done well so far are Zanuka with some quick fun and actual consequences should you some day fail and Grustrag 3 with "One of them is wearing a scarf" comedy.

Stalker is just so edgy and a tedious bullet sponge to deal with (Like any sentient). Now with even more edge: "look at me. I'm a sentient, throwing sentient disco balls."

If he manages to beat your frame it doesn't mean he can track you down. And even if he did find you he would have to face all the other frames you own.

well of course, but what I'm saying his dialogue doesn't make sense! before second dream it MADE perfect sense you get what I'm saying! for him to actually complete real justice destroy the operator. he was able to get on the ship in second dream without activating the other warframes! so....why not operator can only control one at time anyway

1 hour ago, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

well of course, but what I'm saying his dialogue doesn't make sense! before second dream it MADE perfect sense you get what I'm saying! for him to actually complete real justice destroy the operator. he was able to get on the ship in second dream without activating the other warframes! so....why not operator can only control one at time anyway

When you are taking a mission you are doing it on behalf of a faction. It makes sense for the Stalker to work against you and your ally's interests even if he know you are not inside the suit. Especially if that is all he can do at the moment. But Warframe doesn't always aim to make chronological sense though. Like why does he still have War when he comes at you. You broke it and kept part of it as a sword.

And we don't know what the operator can do. In the Second Dream the operator wasn't in the chair and needed physical contact with the frame. While inside the chair/machine they are stronger in their range. There is no reason that we know of as to why an operator shouldn't be able to swap between frames at will, especially when the one he wants to jump to is located on the ship.

Edited by Golmihr

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:08 PM, DimkaTsv said:

I managed take out Shadow Stalker with Voban Prime (30 lvl) and Staticor (0 lvl) only (it was on Accad? but no one hadn't connected to that mission)... And... It wasn't hard at any way... only run by circle and striking when i can, there was only hard moment... IT HAD TAKEN A 20 MINUTES FOR ME (if i would brought a cat with me it would be much faster) ))) And what... That Jewish (nod mentioned to offence someone) avenger didn't dropped anything

So i think it is right to boost Shadow Stalker, cause it is really easy to beat

And what changed? Shadow Stalker also easy die from couple of shots if you have good ammunition! but instead of regular Stalker, it is much harder to be killed from Shadow Stalker

No. If DE buffed the S Stalker with throwing knifes he would be OP. What I mean by he died in a few shots is the Stalker didn't adapt to damage. The S Stalker does so if he had high damage weapons like the Dread and the Despair he would be ridiculous. Perhaps they should increase the damage of the disco ball thing.

Just now, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

No. If DE buffed the S Stalker with throwing knifes he would be OP. What I mean by he died in a few shots is the Stalker didn't adapt to damage. The S Stalker does so if he had high damage weapons like the Dread and the Despair he would be ridiculous. Perhaps they should increase the damage of the disco ball thing.

i didn't mentioned HOW, DE should buff Shadow Stalker... 

But it is fact that Sh St. is too easy to kill

And it is easy to avoid his Disco ball

maybe it would be good boost if Stalker would mark a target (or all team) with magnetic stat (which make vision bad (continiously until defeat), lower shields and take target (only) energy when Stalker appears to 0

Edited by DimkaTsv

On 11/8/2016 at 0:01 PM, fr4gb4ll said:

+1 to all but one thing: the way we get our deathmarks - i rather would have them permanently on me than doing a killing spree through sol's bosses every few days when i ran out "reasons" for him to visit me. so more like the assassin squads from the syndicates with a bit higher frequency of his visits, the higher our mastery rank goes (same for the normal syndicate killers, zanuka and g3) not so high a chance that we get visits in every mission but more of them the greater threat we become (mr-level).

also, in addition to a mission failure for the "victim" (which again i would like to expand to all assassins and increase the teamplay with that) there should be a little penalty after stalkers decap-actions too - like that we are unable to use the beheaded frame for a small time (maybe one hour) due to "maintenance" to get the head back on (maybe with the exception for players with only one frame).

Being perma-marked sounds interesting -- wonder if DE would take that approach. I'm not found of the MR increasing spawn chance though.

Some kind of penalty on the Warframe after decapitation sounds cool. Maybe instead of outright disabling it, maybe the frame will have halved health and power capacity for a duration. Maybe some kind of way to speed up the repair process.

7 hours ago, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

This would not work with Warframe. It would if this was mainly a single-player game.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

The disco ball thing actually does pretty high damage. I wouldn't want to see it get buffed. Shadow Stalker's sprint speed needs to be boosted.

2 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

Being perma-marked sounds interesting -- wonder if DE would take that approach. I'm not found of the MR increasing spawn chance though.

Some kind of penalty on the Warframe after decapitation sounds cool. Maybe instead of outright disabling it, maybe the frame will have halved health and power capacity for a duration. Maybe some kind of way to speed up the repair process.

yes, this also a good idea of handling it.