Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I get frost or ember prime?

Zorra_Fox

Question

I have made 300 plat so far over the past 3 days, and I project on getting way more in the next week or 2. I am thinking about getting frost or ember prime, but reading about them i'm not sure if either one is worth it.

What should I do once I get 800+ plat?

Oh and i'm mastery 5 at uranus so i have a long way to go. I'm about to get Nekros Prime.

Edited by Zorra_Fox

14 answers to this question

There is no one best answer.

What to do with 800+ platinum depends on you, your game play style, your in-game goals, and your general level in Warframe. And by level, I mean your progression. Platinum uses for a player just starting out and one who has almost everything will be completely different because they're at different progression levels.

If you're into Fashion Frame, deluxe skins and color sets might be what you need. (And even if you aren't into it but want to make your favorite 'frames just look good.) There are many deluxe skins already in the market, or you could save up for upcoming skins (Ash, Chroma, Mag are next).

If you need some powerful boosts to your game play, you might go after hard to find mods for weapons, companions or warframes. 

If you need to stock up on slots, that could take a percentage of your platinum.

Specifically with regards the two primes you mention, it depends. Are you just starting out? I'd advise going after existing primes that either won't cost you any platinum, or going after those that would cost less (to grab that one part you need to complete the set). Then I'd suggest going after Frost and Ember Prime (or all vaulted primes) after you've tackled more immediate goals and can afford to splurge (have no immediate need for the platinum).

If you're already very far into your Warframe progression and generally have all you need and want, or most everything, then it becomes a collectors issue. You become a completionist and get them at your leisure and when you can afford them.

2 minutes ago, Cook-EN- said:

You should wait. Both Frost Prime and Ember Prime will be unvaulted around December, where you can farm them both.

hmm, I can't wait to see how many relics DE will make to add like 6 items back into the relic rotation. that's gotta be like 20 relics XD 

anyway, like my friend here said. you should wait for december (christmas time) since ember p WILL come back, and frost prime MAY come back (iirc, they did say that he will in the lateest devstream but still....) 

plus, 300 is way to low for these, they're at least 600p

Honestly, I do not recommend buying either. Neither is actually "better" than their non-prime variants (save for tiny stat adjustments that ultimately make no observable difference), so neither is worth buying over just farming for their normal versions. 

As was mentioned above, at least one is supposed to come out this winter, so I'd wait for that to happen and just grab their parts while they're available - be that either with plat or farming them.

Honestly, don't waste your plat on them. Frost looks almost identical to its normal counterpart, and Ember Prime is next in line to be unvaulted. I would rather recommend to farm the current available warframes, invest in slots, reactors, catalysts. Ember is selling starting from 1200-1300 platinum, with so much platinum you could gain so much more if invested in actual useful things. 

If you want another look for Frost, wait for the Delux Skin, now that looks amazing. 

Edited by aligatorno

I don't know if you're a new player or old player, but have you used the normal version of Frost and Ember yet?  Like others said primed versions of Frost and Ember aren't that much of an improvement over the regular version and I personally couldn't justify the high plat cost for such tiny stat changes, and it's a lot more important to mod and play them correctly than getting the primed version.  I do admit Ember Prime looks glorious compared to Ember (on the other hand Frost P and Frost look almost identical), but I still don't think it's worth the price.

My advice is try out the regular version.  If you like their powers and play well, then consider upgrading later in the future.  Like others said, at least wait until Ember Prime is unvaulted and farm for her parts instead of dropping huge amount of plat right now.

11 hours ago, Cook-EN- said:

You should wait. Both Frost Prime and Ember Prime will be unvaulted around December, where you can farm them both.

Oh, thats cool! Then what will I do with my now 365 plat?

As I said in the post, i'm only mastery 5 at uranus and i'm about to get nekros prime. I'm looking for a decent gun or bow.

Edited by Zorra_Fox

3 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Source?

Sure Ember is on deck to be unvaulted next, but Frost?

I'd be genuinely surprised if DE offered him via Prime Vault again.

If ember is unvaulted then screw frost, i'm getting ember and some nice a$$ weapons and/or mods with my plat. Maybe some arcane helms.

Edited by Zorra_Fox