Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros and Hydroid

(PSN)LadyAnon_

Question

18 answers to this question

Yes they both take effect, but neither one affects rarity of drops, they just increases the quantity of mods/resources you get via extra rollings of enemy drop tables. Using both gives two extra rolls. (Adding Ivara gives three, though doesn't work as well with crowds)

But with that increased quantity comes more chances to roll something rare, so indirectly you will be seeing more rare drops yes, just not a better ratio of rare to not-rare.

8 minutes ago, Kintair said:

Yes they both take effect, but neither one affects rarity of drops, they just increases the quantity of mods/resources you get via extra rollings of enemy drop tables. Using both gives two extra rolls. (Adding Ivara gives three, though doesn't work as well with crowds)

But with that increased quantity comes more chances to roll something rare, so indirectly you will be seeing more rare drops yes, just not a better ratio of rare to not-rare.

I thought so thank you. He's a know it all prick I'm not fond of sitting in one spot a and so desecrate and tentacles don't stack in percent rss drops?  is it just it's own ability

2 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Yeah, but I think its just the volatile runners that have the increased drop chance.  The uranus survival has a really nice hallway that you can just sit back in, and there's a 50-50 chance of a 400 endo cache on rotation A.

Ah, so less a built-in increase of endo drops and more an incidental one. Gotcha.

1 minute ago, (PS4)LadyAnon_ said:

mods isn't resources 

To be fair you said "rare items" not specifically resources.

1 minute ago, Kintair said:

Ah, so less a built-in increase of endo drops and more an incidental one. Gotcha.

To be fair you said "rare items" not specifically resources.

lol yea either way this helps me cause I'm not fond of sitting on corner letting tentacles get all the kills. and he brought a trinity  when I'm using nekros energy stuff drops like crazy he's just a noob acts like he knows everything 

1 minute ago, (PS4)LadyAnon_ said:

lol yea either way this helps me cause I'm not fond of sitting on corner letting tentacles get all the kills. and he brought a trinity  when I'm using nekros energy stuff drops like crazy he's just a noob acts like he knows everything 

First, pilfering swarm was changed at some point so that you can kill an enemy affected by the tentacles in another way and still have Pilfering Swarm proc. So no need to wait for the tentacles to kill.

Second, using both PS Hydroid and Nekros will increase the number of resources (rare and not-rare) you see per enemy. The ratio of rare to not-rare will remain the same, but you will still see more.

As an example: Let's say something has a 1 in 10 chance of dropping. If you kill 10 enemies, you can more or less expect one drop. If you kill those same 10 enemies with either Pilfering Swarm or Desecrate active, you get twice the rolls, so it's as though you killed 20 enemies instead, so you can expect 2 drops. If you kill those same 10 enemies with both Pilfering Swarm AND Desecrate then it's as though you killed 30 enemies instead, so you can expect 3 drops.

The drop CHANCE of 1/10 remains unchanged, but you get MORE CHANCES with both, increasing the number of resources you get.

1 hour ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

You are better off letting hydroid do most  of the killing and using desecrate to get a little more. I have tested this  a bunch of times and a hydroid has a way better resource and drop rate than necros. Necros drops more health credits and energy in my tests.

and rss I played match of Akkad no boosted 37k nano end of 20 rounds 2 nekros 

39 minutes ago, (PS4)LadyAnon_ said:

and rarity doesn't get affected I take

Pilfering Swarm is a Hydroid Warframe Augment Mod that grants Tentacle Swarm a chance to yield additional loot from enemies killed while they're ensnared by the tentacles.

Nekros emits an aura of dark power that affects every corpse within a radius of 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meters, consuming the corpses and granting a 22.5% / 32% / 42.5% / 54% chance to roll the corpse's drop table again to produce additional loot. After a 2-second delay on the first corpse within range, corpses are consumed one at a time in random order, with subsequent corpses taking 1 second of delay between consumption's.

I put in bold face the 2 key looting points of the 2 frames in question. As it does not increase the rarity by default it does increase the chance of the drop so in a sense it does increase the chance of rare stuff dropping more often. The best example of this is the amount of gold stance mods/ endo that drop from infested while using both or either of these frames versus not using either of them at all.

It is still all RNG but when you run with both frames maxed for looting and you end up with 5-10 seimic palm mods I would say the rare drop chance has been increased.

On Monday, October 31, 2016 at 10:37 PM, Equinox_Knight_Light said:

Abit off topic but which is better in terms of farming? I personally find that(from game experience) hydroid yields more in terms of farming resources but in terms of mod forming nekros is alot better.

I don't know but I'm trying to find out how to build a really good slow nova need picture to know what to put on it