Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur's EB Combo Counter?

Snackm4n

Question

15 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Starfreak911 said:

From what I know, the ranged energy attacks don't add to the counter but hits made in the usual way (within the actual blades reach) do.  And it is with hits, not kills.

This^

Every hit with the sword count toward the melee counter, waves and slam attack don't.

And his damage scale with the combo like every other melee weapon.

No idea if the waves scale with the combo damage multiplier though

If they don't want the waves to contribute to the combo counter, they should really, really add a base +9 second duration on the combo duration at least. Seriously. I get turned off every time I stack up a combo to lose it because some enemies are 6-7 meters away from me and I couldn't Slash Dash in time, or did it in the wrong direction.

And it's even more boring than just using my melee weapon atm, imo.

1 hour ago, Snackm4n said:

confused

What confuses you is probably the fact the damage from a wave is applied prior to the damage from the sword swing. And because waves don't affect combo meter - you won't get any hits in your combo, if the wave is able to one-shot the enemy.

47 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

This^

Every hit with the sword count toward the melee counter, waves and slam attack don't.

And his damage scale with the combo like every other melee weapon.

No idea if the waves scale with the combo damage multiplier though

I believe that the energy waves do gain the additional damage.

Edited by Starfreak911

32 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

If they don't want the waves to contribute to the combo counter, they should really, really add a base +9 second duration on the combo duration at least. Seriously. I get turned off every time I stack up a combo to lose it because some enemies are 6-7 meters away from me and I couldn't Slash Dash in time, or did it in the wrong direction.

And it's even more boring than just using my melee weapon atm, imo.

these waves shouldn't exist imo... but whatever, who said exca is a melee frame anyway

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

these waves shouldn't exist imo... but whatever, who said exca is a melee frame anyway

But that's his specialty. I even got him because of those waves. If you remove those then he's just holding a normal lightsaber.

I'd rather use Orthos Prime.

24 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

But that's his specialty. I even got him because of those waves. If you remove those then he's just holding a normal lightsaber.

I'd rather use Orthos Prime.

Well imo his ult shouldn't have these waves but it should grant him more damage & allow him to use his abilities more freely.

Right now he's just a sentry gun that shoot waves

Edited by Trichouette

2 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

He wasn't. People just don't know how to play him, that's all.

If you do it, and it works, there is no "they don't know how to play him"

The waves used to deal insane damage, they got nerfed, but they still deal insane damage on the first target.

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

If you do it, and it works, there is no "they don't know how to play him"

The waves used to deal insane damage, they got nerfed, but they still deal insane damage on the first target.

Mercury shouldn't be the balancing point of the game.

The wave damage fall-off had achieved nothing. I've used to be able to sit in T4S for at least 40 minutes by using waves only, and so I can do currently on Mot. Excal was hit not by the change to his waves, but by a variety of other changes that resulted in him falling out of relevance.

11 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Well imo his ult shouldn't have these waves but it should grant him more damage & allow him to use his abilities more freely.

I'm thinking more deeply into this point. Any ideas on what bonus effects his ult could give to his other abilities?