Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stradavar (auto) vs. Twin gremlins

(PSN)BY-51

Question

First I need to say I'm fascinated by weapons with high/even base physical damage. Something about them makes them incredibly versatile against like 90% of enemies. 

The question is which is better at effectively striping armor and destroying enemies.

So when stradavar came out I had to give it a go..  and it didn't disappoint. 

In semi auto it can do 2000 on body crits and 13000 on headshots. Crits 70% of the time. Love it..

I only use full auto to strip armor. Mod with split chamber, it has about 25% status chance. Add fire rate and it can remove it to a close enough to kill enemies quickly in semi auto.. 

Good function IMO however... still lacks... the corrosive procs needed to really strip armor.

So I thought: "maybe I should add a secondary?"

Pox works wonders but on ps4 frame rate drops.. pretty bad. Then I can't do damage. It's weird and technical.

Tysis is good... but semi auto. Added seeker it works well but often even with Reflex draw I'll get killed before I can switch weapons. 

Then I saw it. 10 10 10 base damage. Yes. 

With 10% crit chance.

Yes

With 10% status chance.

Yes please.

AND Fully automatic.

Yes. 

So this weapon has higher base damage

Will receive 3 mods (220% damage hornet strike, 180% multishot lethal torrent and barrel diffusion.) Which will effectively quadruple the damage after that corrosive dual stat mods bring the status to 50% leaving 3 mod slots open for use. 

Tempted to try the crit route with max primed gambit, Cramer and sharpened bullets.

But idk how would you mod it straight damage or what?

6 answers to this question

Do note that twin gremlins have 10% crit but only 1.5x crit damage, for me that's too far below the threshold for building for crit (10% with 2.0x like braton prime, or 20% with a 1.5x like vaykor marelok and rakta ballistica is where I draw the line)

I throw on 2 90% elementals (primed heated charge if you have it) with one slot free for a utility mod, flight speed, punchthrough, shadow debt accuracy mod, ect.

Crit damage usually wins in the long run, after considering status procs. However, if you really want to strip armor faster and more reliably, long-range melee with a Shattering Impact + Corrosive proc will strip armor faster than just regular Corrosive procs. (from any source) If you are aren't interested in the melee, but still want to switch back and forth between Stradavar and the Twin Gremlins, the holstering mods can really help you out: Speed Holster aura (alerts), Streamlined Form (nightmare mod), Twitch (from Conclave), Reflex Draw (also Conclave), and add on a Coaction Drift (from Lua) to really make swapping crazy quick!

I would go for straight damage on the Gremlins due to it only having a crit multiplier of 1.5x.

That said, if you can get your hands on Akstilleto Prime then I would absolutely recommend those over the Gremlins, being auto pistols with 15% base crit chance at 2x base multiplier, and a whopping 30% base status chance. I suppose the only thing you may not like about them is that its base damage is a majority impact damage instead of evenly split between impact, puncture and slash, but if you are using it to strip armor then the dual stats mods to make corrosive make the leaning toward impact less relevant anyway.

3 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

Do note that twin gremlins have 10% crit but only 1.5x crit damage, for me that's too far below the threshold for building for crit (10% with 2.0x like braton prime, or 20% with a 1.5x like vaykor marelok and rakta ballistica is where I draw the line)

I throw on 2 90% elementals (primed heated charge if you have it) with one slot free for a utility mod, flight speed, punchthrough, shadow debt accuracy mod, ect.

Keep in mind that with two crit damage mods be it primed target cracker and hollow point or sharpened bullets that it will increase all damage done by about 4x damage. This puts it on par with the Stradavar in terms of critical damage (Vital Sense). 

On headshots that's 8x. Criting every 4 shots if fully ranked primed gambit about every 3. 

Pros: it's base damage is just better than the Stradavar. It's status chance is better and it's crit damage is on par with the Stradavar. Overall it will do more damage while stripping armor quicker. Enemies will ragdoll.

Cons: Accuracy. Crits depend on accuracy. Flight time. Isn't hit scan. More bullets miss. Less bullets crit.
Fire Rate. Only slightly though. 2rps to be exact. 

Also keep in mind the base damage. The weapon has high and even base damage. Meaning it's always doing good damage, but also getting a near