Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thai localisation?

ChilliPepperCatfish

Move this to the right section if there is one... I'm not a regular forum person, sorry.

I'm in Thailand, and I know a lot of friends and people (and by a lot, I mean a LOT lot) who regularly play Warframe with barely any clue what they are reading. Warframe is REALLY popular here and I just thought that having Thai localisation would really bring more players in, and keep them in. It's really sad to know that several of my friends that used to play just quit because they didn't really know what they were reading.

• Considerable amount of dialogue in tutorials and quests, it keeps confusing them about what they should do next
  • Weapon/Item/Warframe etc descriptions can be a bit difficult to understand, even with the Wiki
  • Confusion on what a mod does (kind of irrelevant but hey)

These are just a few reasons I can think of as of now. I'm not saying that its super neccessary or anything, and I'm aware that the game font would need a whole new set of characters, but it would be really nice to be able to play with them too, right. I don't have much knowledge about how much it takes to get translations over but yeah... Like, just text translation, not all the audio queues and stuff.

I myself would like to help in translations if possible, maybe people interested can reply with ideas or such?  

Anyway thanks for reading this, and may the RNG be with you :thumbup:

Warframe has some options in settings to change Font size and stuff for the chat(don't know about the codex and menu).

As far as The Voice translation go, that might not be possible due to DE being on tight schedule for new content.

Text and subtitle translation is possible ,there's an option on the Laucher's Upper Right corner which allows u to change u to change the language( It only has a limited amount of languages for now).

Some of the info might not be correct ,but I hope this helps :)

1 hour ago, ChilliPepperCatfish said:

Move this to the right section if there is one... I'm not a regular forum person, sorry.

I'm in Thailand, and I know a lot of friends and people (and by a lot, I mean a LOT lot) who regularly play Warframe with barely any clue what they are reading. Warframe is REALLY popular here and I just thought that having Thai localisation would really bring more players in, and keep them in. It's really sad to know that several of my friends that used to play just quit because they didn't really know what they were reading.

• Considerable amount of dialogue in tutorials and quests, it keeps confusing them about what they should do next
  • Weapon/Item/Warframe etc descriptions can be a bit difficult to understand, even with the Wiki
  • Confusion on what a mod does (kind of irrelevant but hey)

These are just a few reasons I can think of as of now. I'm not saying that its super neccessary or anything, and I'm aware that the game font would need a whole new set of characters, but it would be really nice to be able to play with them too, right. I don't have much knowledge about how much it takes to get translations over but yeah... Like, just text translation, not all the audio queues and stuff.

I myself would like to help in translations if possible, maybe people interested can reply with ideas or such?  

Anyway thanks for reading this, and may the RNG be with you :thumbup:

It's a lot more likely to happen if you can prove that it's worthwhile.  If you can show just how many Thai people play the game somehow then that gives them a really strong incentive to cater to those people.

Also, my condolences for your country's recent tragedy.

7 minutes ago, Iamnotanoob said:

Warframe has some options in settings to change Font size and stuff for the chat(don't know about the codex and menu).

As far as The Voice translation go, that might not be possible due to DE being on tight schedule for new content.

Text and subtitle translation is possible ,there's an option on the Laucher's Upper Right corner which allows u to change u to change the language( It only has a limited amount of languages for now).

Some of the info might not be correct ,but I hope this helps :)

Thanks for your reply, yes I'm fully aware that there are launcher options that change the language but there is no Thai for my friends :( I was hoping that if somehow enough people notice this maybe Warframe can get a Thai translation too :D

3 minutes ago, Shoelip said:

It's a lot more likely to happen if you can prove that it's worthwhile.  If you can show just how many Thai people play the game somehow then that gives them a really strong incentive to cater to those people.

Also, my condolences for your country's recent tragedy.

Thanks man, its just a matter of time before things get better. I'm not sure how I can even find any other Thai people out there to actually begin with... but yeah :thumbup:

Wouldn't hurt to add Thai to the list.

More localisations = more betterer, after all.

I have no clue how long it would take with the extra characters and the actual translating, but I'm sure somebody does.

You can also look here for info regarding localization:

maybe look for websites/forums with thai fan-made translations/discussions of warframe stuff and it's a starting point to find other hardcore thai tenno, also useful to justify numbers. Once you've got that you can maybe volunteer the group to DE for official translating shenanigans. Might even end up getting plat or something. (I have no idea how this will work i'm just spitballing)

36 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

Thai language is one of the hardest to translate without making it cringeworthy and with 4 lines of writing most games find it hard to fit it in the chat bar.

Yeah I know, it gets really awkward if like, formal proper Thai is used, otherwise it's actually very simple. Lol. Most other games tend to use 'proper Thai', overformalising the sentences. But otherwise, yes I completely agree with what you said.

26 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Wouldn't hurt to add Thai to the list.

More localisations = more betterer, after all.

I have no clue how long it would take with the extra characters and the actual translating, but I'm sure somebody does.

You can also look here for info regarding localization:

Oh, I didn't know that existed, thanks! I'll definately check it out.

25 minutes ago, macroeconomics said:

maybe look for websites/forums with thai fan-made translations/discussions of warframe stuff and it's a starting point to find other hardcore thai tenno, also useful to justify numbers. Once you've got that you can maybe volunteer the group to DE for official translating shenanigans. Might even end up getting plat or something. (I have no idea how this will work i'm just spitballing)

Yea I was thinking about that too. Thanks for your opinion :D