The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

FPS Drop And Connection Issues

HelmerPaixao

Hey guys.

So, I've been playing for more than a year now. And I use to play on a desktop. Now I have a laptop (Aspire ES1-512-C59L). And I'm having HUGE problems with my gameplay. When I get the change to have any.

I changed my settings to use DirectX 9 (Since both DirectX 10 and 11 are unmarked) and I don't use the 64 bits mode (Although my laptop uses Windows 10 64 bits).

If I do that, I can join public matches with no problem, but the FPS drop and lag are tremendous. If I mark any of the options above (64 bits mode, DirectX 10 or 11) I just can't join ANY matches. The only possible way is to change from Public to Friends Only. And that bothers me so much cause it makes no sense to me. What is de difference in these two inside the system?

Plus, when I get some gameplay, when that lil box with lotus speaking pops up, I die. Just because I can't move, so I become shooting range for the enemies. Can we just not have that in normal missions anymore? I mean, I like your voice Miss Ford, but you'r killing my game :( .

Btw all my config in game is the lowest. I even play on window mode 800x600. And light... oh the light... kills me all the time. Whenever I have some sort of light incomming from a gadget of the enemies I get fps drop. Still, I like the light, good work DE. But that also kill my game.

I know, I know. My laptop is crappy. But that makes me wonder, there might be ppl out there with the same issues. I just wanted some hints to at least bypass that connection issues while in DirectX 10 or 11 to get to play something.

Honestly the laptop is at the very best the minimum specs for the game... personally I'd say it's lower than those so you're always going to have issues.   It's not just the cpu but the gpu is incredibly weak when it comes to games. 

Then theres the simple fact that the minimum specs are set too low for what is now required in the game but the devs don't seem interested in upping the minimum requirements....