Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal Forma

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

Forma technically shouldn't exist in the first place as it devalued innate Polarities to 'who gives a f...' as well as more than 10folded the stats of all Equipment. while muddying the Stats of Equipment that favored certain types of Mods over others towards Equipping everything rather than just what synergized with the Equipment the best.
it's genius for the business model though. conflict of interests.

and absolutely would be the case of being able to get reduction costs on any Mod defeats the purpose of Polarities, and also defeats the cost of Mods, aside from business model might as well remove Forma and halve the cost of all Mods while multiplying the XP bar length to Level things, since that's in effect what you're doing. you're just creating another XP Bar out of a system that isn't quite at that level currently.

we're better off making it easier to support different Playstyle setups on your Equipment at the same time, rather than making it easier to homogenize your Equipment for different Factions.
this means allowing each Loadout Tab of your Equipment to hold different Polarities (while also having more Loadouts for each thing, as we've all been asking for for years, as it's damn important). which is achievable by applying Forma giving a number of Polarities allowed to be assigned, so you apply a Polarity, and on the other Tabs (either at the same time as the first or whenever you go to that Tab) you have credit for one extra Polarity assignment.

being able to assign two Polarities to a Slot or make it universal but only slightly reduce the Cost rather than halve - could be successful, so long as usage is limited.

On 11/5/2016 at 0:14 AM, Xzorn said:

The players having trouble fitting it,  Forma incorrectly in the first place.

aye. the way to add Polarities is to add ones that you're always going to use, not what costs the most in a particular situation.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Cookie cutter is the term used EXACTLY because the people using them DON'T do any actually number crunching.

and that has nothing to do with the game at all, it is Error of those Users having the extent of what Mods they put on everything being tickety tacking into 'the googles' what they should put on, and copying what they see.
not because it is great, not because it seems effective, not because of anything other than someone said 'this is good'. so they do it.

easily represented in games all across the Industry.

Someone sees title - universal forma and instantly goes it defeats purpose, and goes explaining why multiple such formas are bad. And how u always thinking ahead then forma' ing. And how u actually forma' ing even futher (putting more effort) and getting settled at 1 or 2 unflexible builds or very similar ones.

We not asking for 8 universal formas per item, just one(for small first step) to work with those different polarities 11-16 capacity drain mods and have a little freedom. It just would lessen the thought you had to put in then making those decisions. Have a built-in grind in that special forma to levels higher than building exilus adapter, but not the same grind as "u get it after u forma item 6 times" thats just wrong and stepback.

Decorating ship getting a convenience seperate meniu to work on, just so u would not need to access few extra menius everytime. Hoorah, u will see more crazy artists creators pictures videos.

More convenience in forma system, or less clunky. Maybe could lead to more content used, possibly if forma' ing is more inviting and a little bit more user friendly. No, still no? Forma system coexist with expanding modding system. New mods are inviting player to try it, while those forma limitations denies porpuse of expanding mods.

Weapons are dominated by multiple Madurai Pol Madurai - V (Damage, Powers) polarities. Speculations about damage 3.0 was focused about removing multishot and damage mods from the game, and leave weapon damage scalling by leveling weapons to max rank. Another point was to give weapon modding more diversity so some mods would not be mandatory and thus opening the use of more utility mods. Well guess what stripping out those 2 x Madurai Pol from primaries and secondaries would make all community happy^^ So developers finally felt those limitations, realised those are not advantageous and that they need to come with something else or atleast a good replacement.

Its relevant for both players and developers at some point. So why not starting improving it?

11 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

You're the only person that plays Warframe, right?

Really? That's all you can say? What does this have anything to do with cookie-cutter builds or Forma? You can't come up with an argument against my own so you use incorrect logic to attack me instead?

You tell me, "Nobody bothers to think about builds and everyone just uses cookie-cutter builds without thinking."

I respond with, "I think about builds so you can't say nobody thinks about builds."

And you tell me, "What, you think you're the only person now?"

The inverse of "nobody" is "at least one", not "everybody". If at least one person fits the criteria, your statement that nobody fits the criteria is immediately false.

Just now, Inarticulate said:

Really? That's all you can say? What does this have anything to do with cookie-cutter builds or Forma? You can't come up with an argument against my own so you use incorrect logic to attack me instead?

You are misunderstanding the term. I point it out, and your only response was, "don't tell me what I do; that's not what I do!" My response was the most logical response to that.

Let me use an analogy you might understand:

"

Me: Most people color their apples with a red crayon.

You: Don't tell me what I do! I don't color my apples with a red crayon, I use a green one.

Me: You're the only person that colors apples, right?

"

There is no "incorrect logic" there. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Me: Most people color their apples with a red crayon.

16 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

People are not going to bother with trying other builds if it messes with the cookie cutter setups that they know works.

"People", not "most people". There's a big difference. The standard connotation of "people don't do this" is "no one does this". (On the reverse, "people do do this" has the connotation of "at least a few people do do this".)

When you say "people color their apples with a red crayon", you mean "everyone colors their apples with a red crayon". "Most people color their apples with a red crayon" means "most people color their apples with a red crayon" instead. And you said the former in the original post (the one from last night).

Also, you have yet to respond to the argument itself. Please do because otherwise you're wasting everyone's time.

Edited by Inarticulate

1 minute ago, Inarticulate said:

The standard connotation of "people don't do this" is "no one does this".

That's wrong though. 

3 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

When you say "people color their apples with a red crayon", you mean "everyone colors their apples with a red crayon".

DON'T TELL ME WHAT I MEAN! 

People means people. If I meant all people then I would have said "all people." 

8 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

Please do because otherwise you're wasting everyone's time.

It's my thread, bro.