The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Prime Build (Caster)

Circle_of_Psi

Question

Introduction:

Hello Tenno

So, I've started to really get into the Infested Thame, including the weapons  that I'm currently useing on Saryn Prime, however I've come cross a issue with her build and how I want her to play out, as I do not kown how I shuold play this how, so I've come here today to gain your suggestions, tips and recommendations. Now keep in mind I am not looking for the "Meta" build, so keep it out of this topic.

So with that being said, lets get started!.

P.S: Yes I kown about the new Infested frame, but as to "hype" it, I want to make this build. He is her bother after all ^.^

The Loadout: 

So I think it would be ideal to post her Loadout, to help her build. I use the following Weapons: Phage, Embolist/Pox (Dpends whats better) & Caustacyst

My Phage is the weapon I'll use the most, due to the way I've modded it (If you want the mod loadout, please ask)

P.S: DO NOT bother telling me to: Get the Ignis, I will not change, due to "Meta" 

The Build:

So, the build I'm looking for is a moreless Caster type build, where she'll use almost all her powers, as its a Infested type thame, I'm looking to spread the infection  as much as I can, to almost make everyone around me with Viral/Toxin & Corrosive procs. So spreading it all is one key part. So here we go

Spores: So with spores, I'm looking to deal high damage over time & able to spread their infection as much as possbile, so anyways to make spores spread like mad, whuold be greatful and most needed. This is the most key part of her build!.

Toxic Lash: As for this power, I do not kown if it -only- effects meele weapons or not, as when I tested it, it had the "effect" show on my Phage, so I do not kown how this works, if someone can correct me, or tell me, that be great.

With that being said, If Toxic lash, can boost my damage or help me pop spores faster, or spread infection by useing my Phage I will use it.

Molt: So with Molt, I'm mostly wanting this to be my "Heal power", where I can cast Molt, get its attention off me, and let it heal me, this will be the sole use of this power, a cheep healing power & distraction power.

Miasma: So with Miasma I am looking to make this as effect as possbile, now mind you, I won't be able to "int-kill" everything, but I am looking to make this, altlest do some good damage and clear out low HP mobs, or do some chuck of DoT/AoE damage. So anything here will help greatly.

Thank You!

Legion  

13 answers to this question

Hi dude, I think this one could help you, I hope so.

Anyway I use this one, it suits me 'cause I was looking for a balanced build in order to using each Saryn's ability.

Q9atQd2.jpg

+: Great survivability, pretty good dmg/range/duration/efficiency. Furthermore you have an huge energy pool so you are able to cast without problems your abilities.

-: You don't have negative point. xD

Don't be afraid to change handspring by cunning drift if you need more range or power drift if you need more power str.

Enjoy mate, it's up to you.

Edited by CGs_Knackie

Generic, do whatever on the starchart. Could care less about some duration as spores refresh all the time.

Spoiler

HNwdOCV.jpg

Generic with a little more melee focus. Some duration for Lash, just a QoL tweak really.

Spoiler

qVeY0NF.jpg

Tryhard, needs Zenurik active and enemies of 75+. Can swap Intensify for Continuity to get some duration.

Spoiler

0OSiLDt.jpg

46 minutes ago, Ivan_Rid said:

Generic, do whatever on the starchart. Could care less about some duration as spores refresh all the time.

Reveal hidden contents

HNwdOCV.jpg

Generic with a little more melee focus. Some duration for Lash, just a QoL tweak really.

Reveal hidden contents

qVeY0NF.jpg

Tryhard, needs Zenurik active and enemies of 75+. Can swap Intensify for Continuity to get some duration.

Hide contents

0OSiLDt.jpg

what are the ability stats of each of those builds?

14 minutes ago, xcynderx said:

what are the ability stats of each of those builds?

Sorry, I feel too lazy for uploading those. Some important stuff isnt even displayed there, like HP regen ticks from Augmented Molt and percentage of Toxin proc spread by Spore. You can just extrapolate from base values if you want.

On 11/5/2016 at 5:27 PM, CGs_Knackie said:

Anyway I use this one, it suits me 'cause I was looking for a balanced build in order to using each Saryn's ability.

Q9atQd2.jpg

+: Great survivability, pretty good dmg/range/duration/efficiency. Furthermore you have an huge energy pool so you are able to cast without problems your abilities.

Don't be afraid to change handspring by cunning drift if you need more range or power drift if you need more power str.

I do like this alot. I have a build that is almost simller to this

Syarn_Prime_Meele.jpg

However as I've been told this is a "Meele" one and like so, not after such

What you think of this one?, this is a old build I use, I chuold do with more Energy Eff. But my Strg & Range is higher then yours, what shuold I swap out to make it more better?

Edited by LegionCynex

On 11/5/2016 at 5:54 PM, Ivan_Rid said:

Reveal hidden contents

HNwdOCV.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

qVeY0NF.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

0OSiLDt.jpg

Thanks for this, I'm enjoying the First & Second one alot.

Higher Range then mine, so will try to see if I can combine this.

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, LegionCynex said:

I do like this alot. I have a build that is almost simller to this

Syarn_Prime_Meele.jpg

However as I've been told this is a "Meele" one and like so, not after such

What you think of this one?, this is a old build I use, I chuold do with more Energy Eff. But my Strg & Range is higher then yours, what shuold I swap out to make it more better?

IMO you got many dmg but there is a terrible efficiency.

You will not be able to use each ability easily & it will be hardest to you to survive even if you got regenerative molt. :)

A non-meta build?

Streamline / Fleeting r3 / Stretch / Over Extended

Quick Thinking / Transient Fortitude / Intensify / Primed Continuity

Cast her two, cast one on her two, melee the spores off the molt clone = numbers everywhere, things dying at twice the range of an Ember WoF.

I enjoy bringing her to a pug mobile defense on occasion. 

I get a laugh out of seeing pug squadmates needing to run off a tileset or two away just to get kills.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

A non-meta build?

Streamline / Fleeting r3 / Stretch / Over Extended

Quick Thinking / Transient Fortitude / Intensify / Primed Continuity

Cast her two, cast one on her two, melee the spores off the molt clone = numbers everywhere, things dying at twice the range of an Ember WoF.

I enjoy bringing her to a pug mobile defense on occasion. 

I get a laugh out of seeing pug squadmates needing to run off a tileset or two away just to get kills.

QT without primed/flow? Bad idea, really bad idea.. I would not bet on you're making it. ^^

Edited by CGs_Knackie

19 hours ago, CGs_Knackie said:

IMO you got many dmg but there is a terrible efficiency.

You will not be able to use each ability easily & it will be hardest to you to survive even if you got regenerative molt. :)

Humm ok, any suggestions on a change?

Otherwise I might just end up going with yours, cuz do note my mod proportionally is diff to yours, so any help with that be great

Trying to mix yours with mine, and try to singalong with Ivans 

On 5/11/2016 at 6:27 PM, CGs_Knackie said:

Q9atQd2.jpg

edited: its good, just replace handspring with cunning drift

Edited by (PS4)maso_sage-mode

20 hours ago, CGs_Knackie said:

QT without primed/flow? Bad idea, really bad idea.. I would not bet on you're making it. ^^

He wanted a non-meta build.

Which means you aren't fighting enemies higher than level 35.

Most enemies will die before they're within 25m of you, the QT is only there to curb toxin and bleed procs.