Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the "Skill" stat?

(XBOX)GeckoGenesis

Question

11 answers to this question

...was expecting and fearing a metaphysical discussion about whether any game truly requires skill, etc... glad to see I was wrong.  :)

That number seems to fluctuate at random. Sometimes I get a 30. Sometimes a zero. I think I may get bigger numbers, but I'm not really sure. I have absolutely no idea what it means, if anything. It certainly doesn't track your actual skill, so don't worry about it. Nobody's going to make fun of you for it. I just logged in, and I have a zero there. Pretty sure it's meaningless.

Just now, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Is it perhaps the lowest mastery of any currently equipped/owned gear?

1 minute ago, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

When you go to the "stats" page, it's located near where your "time played" and "credits obtained" stats are. 

could it be a ratio of how you did in last missions, broken down into a average ? 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

5 minutes ago, Azrael said:

...was expecting and fearing a metaphysical discussion about whether any game truly requires skill, etc... glad to see I was wrong.  :)

That number seems to fluctuate at random. Sometimes I get a 30. Sometimes a zero. I think I may get bigger numbers, but I'm not really sure. I have absolutely no idea what it means, if anything. It certainly doesn't track your actual skill, so don't worry about it. Nobody's going to make fun of you for it. I just logged in, and I have a zero there. Pretty sure it's meaningless.

There.  Edited the title so that it doesn't give anybody else a heart attack.  ;)

Interesting.  The few bits of information I found on whatever skill is was a few people commenting on how they had a "30".  

3 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

You know what, I think you might be right!  I bet it tells the level of the Warframe. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

could it be a ratio of how you did in last missions, broken down into a average ? 

Some people speculated on such, but it's too coincidental how the people I found commented on having a 30.  What's your skill number and the level of your equipped Warframe?

Edited by (XB1)GeckoGenesis

4 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Everything I own has been mastered, and I'm only missing one weapon in the entire game, and I have a zero. In the past I've seen 30's. So I don't think it has anything to do with mastery, I'm betting if I played a bit I'd get a 30. I think it fluctuates throughout play sessions.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

It kind of seems possible, but I have no idea how it might be actually calculating that. What would it even measure?

Honestly I saw that stat a long time ago and decided to just ignore it, because it seemed totally random.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

There.  Edited the title so that it doesn't give anybody else a heart attack.  ;)

thank you.  :)

"Your [skill] is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Ma- er...Warframe. [It is] the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision."

- The Architect to your Warframe

15 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

"Your [skill] is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Ma- er...Warframe. [It is] the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision."

- The Architect to your Warframe

"This will be the fifth time we have randomly changed your skill stat, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it."