Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help coloring my Operator outfit

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

Seriously, I can't really find a good color scheme; I suck at fashionframe, currently my fram&operator combo is the following:

WEwfU1m.jpg

fIz9NpS.jpg

I'm happy with the frame and I'd like the Operator to match it as much as possible, but I really can't get a good color scheme with it, so I'm open to drastic changes; don't even know where to start on the sigil either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited by siralextraffo

9 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Beggining said:

To be honest, I think it's already good, though I admit going the classic Orokin colours would also be boring for some people.

Go with your favorite colours, or maybe use an empty slot to randomize colour so you can find the ones you like? :P

Problem is, I just don't have favourite colors, or at least nothing that would fit on the operator.

You're right about Orokin classic scheme, which is quite the issue is: if the frame is elaborate enough to look good with roughly any color scheme, the Operator is way more flat looking...

Geralt of Rivia Sir Alex of Traffo!

I think that the yellow on the suit itself kinda conflicts with the Warframe since the material/texture is different - I think that keeping the energy colour yellow and everything else white is fine enough! Maybe add various tints of white. Also, I kinda forgot if you can choose the secondary colour of a sigil e.g. yours is currently black and yellow, but if you can, make the 'black' white. If not, then choosing a different sigil that offers a white tint to match the Warframe energy!

Try picking different metal tints (copper, chrome and so on). Also consider using some darker colour as primary, with different lighter or darker tints as secondaries.

I changed my main white-dark cyan-blue colour scheme recently, and all my frames look kinda like this now. 

Warframe0004.jpg

Choosing colours is up to you.

2 minutes ago, AtheeA5 said:

Try picking different metal tints (copper, chrome and so on). Also consider using some darker colour as primary, with different lighter or darker tints as secondaries.

I changed my main white-dark cyan-blue colour scheme recently, and all my frames look kinda like this now. 

Warframe0004.jpg

Choosing colours is up to you.

Thank you very much, but how's that on the Operator? Cause I'm absolutely happy with my frame, is the Operator that doesn't really please me!

Edited by siralextraffo

23 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

Thank you very much, but how's that on the Operator? Cause I'm absolutely happy with my frame, is the Operator that doesn't really please me!

What I said above concerning warframes is absolutely legit for the Operator's suit as well. Here's mine with the same colour scheme (gosh, I wish all metallic parts on Varida suit were colourable):

Warframe0005.jpg

I'd choose a mildly discoloured dark blue/green/purple instead of yellow in your current scheme and replace white with a lighter tint of the same colour. 
As for energy, i'd pick a colour that contrasts with the entire colour scheme, but completes it at the same time (for example, orange/yellow energy for blue-based scheme). The same applies for metal tints too.

Edited by AtheeA5