Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would you like to see out of Sortie 2.0? Here are my desires

Andrew7811

I am excited to see sorties being reworked. I hope this is what gets changed:

General Structure:

- Make it so that exactly one out of three missions is an endless mission - I don't want some sorties to be completed in less than 20 minutes and others to take up to an hour because of the number of endless missions rolled

- Shorten seasons to roughly 30 days. Also, change it so that rewards are chosen individually rather than giving everyone in the same squad the same reward. The only exception to this is if the host (and only the host can roll these) rolls ultra rare items such as potato blueprints and legendary cores. If the host doesn't roll a rare item, you will be guaranteed to receive an item on the reward list that you don't already own

- If the seasons do end up lasting longer than 30 days, make it possible to obtain multiple copies of each focus lens during a given season

- Please undo the nerf to the number of credits you earn as a reward for doing sorties (I noticed this happening since the Solar Rail update)

Mission Changes:

- I like the idea of defending stranded Tenno operatives for defense missions but please make them talk to you on the UI when they enter bleedout like they do during rescue missions

- Also please fix "exploits" where players intentionally trap the defense operatives by removing their weapons in an inconspicuous area of the map. Make it impossible to trap them using methods like this:

fMFMVyf.jpg

I would much rather be able to give them OP weapons so that the operatives have an opportunity to contribute to the fighting rather than letting my teammates trap them as I strongly believe that giving them OP weapons creates healthier gameplay than exploiting the AI and artificially create an unnecessary barrier for enemies to attempt to circumvent.

- Add a sortie conditon where G3/Zanuka Hunter are added to the list of enemies you need to deal with (they will always spawn in those missions and do not consume death marks though they will only drop mods (no free Brakk))

Maybe Changes:

- Add another rescue type mission where the guards begin unalerted but alerting them will start the execution sequence which completes in half the time (I want to possibly explore a high-risk stealthier approach to rescuing the target instead of always brute forcing your way to the prison cells). I would like to see the mission briefing tell you if this is the case when viewing it on the star chart so that you can equip yourself appropriately.

- I'm possibly wanting Nezha components to stop dropping from sorties and making them obtainable in a different fashion. Owning five to nine sets of Nezha isn't ideal situation for me (I sold them for a small sum of plat but I'm bored of seeing the same rewards being given)

Fringe Changes I'm considering (I'm not sure at all about these changes)

- Add a sortie condition where you are provided weapons to use (they will be modded properly) instead of bringing your own

- Add rare untransmutable mods to the potential reward table (these will be super rare and not guaranteed to drop)

Jokes (I like being funny. I don't necessarily want these to be added to the game):

- Added Sortie Condition: Enemies are immune to critical strikes (we all know what weapons are OP)

- Make it so that you have to protect Baro in one of the defense missions. Or maybe Clem:clem:. Or maybe rescue them. My imagination is running wild and wants to see variety in who you are rescuing/protecting.

- Disable Ash during radioactive missions (just kidding, though he's annoying to deal with)

3 minutes ago, Andrew7811 said:

I am excited to see sorties being reworked. I hope this is what gets changed:

General Structure:

- Make it so that exactly one out of three missions is an endless mission - I don't want some sorties to be completed in less than 20 minutes and others to take up to an hour because of the number of endless missions rolled

- Shorten seasons to roughly 30 days. Also, change it so that rewards are chosen individually rather than giving everyone in the same squad the same reward. The only exception to this is if the host (and only the host can roll these) rolls ultra rare items such as potato blueprints and legendary cores. If the host doesn't roll a rare item, you will be guaranteed to receive an item on the reward list that you don't already own

- If the seasons do end up lasting longer than 30 days, make it possible to obtain multiple copies of each focus lens during a given season

- Please undo the nerf to the number of credits you earn as a reward for doing sorties (I noticed this happening since the Solar Rail update)

Mission Changes:

- I like the idea of defending stranded Tenno operatives for defense missions but please make them talk to you on the UI when they enter bleedout like they do during rescue missions

- Also please fix "exploits" where players intentionally trap the defense operatives by removing their weapons in an inconspicuous area of the map. Make it impossible to trap them using methods like this:

fMFMVyf.jpg

I would much rather be able to give them OP weapons so that the operatives have an opportunity to contribute to the fighting rather than letting my teammates trap them as I strongly believe that giving them OP weapons creates healthier gameplay than exploiting the AI and artificially create an unnecessary barrier for enemies to attempt to circumvent.

- Add a sortie conditon where G3/Zanuka Hunter are added to the list of enemies you need to deal with (they will always spawn in those missions and do not consume death marks though they will only drop mods (no free Brakk))

Maybe Changes:

- Add another rescue type mission where the guards begin unalerted but alerting them will start the execution sequence which completes in half the time (I want to possibly explore a high-risk stealthier approach to rescuing the target instead of always brute forcing your way to the prison cells). I would like to see the mission briefing tell you if this is the case when viewing it on the star chart so that you can equip yourself appropriately.

- I'm possibly wanting Nezha components to stop dropping from sorties and making them obtainable in a different fashion. Owning five to nine sets of Nezha isn't ideal situation for me (I sold them for a small sum of plat but I'm bored of seeing the same rewards being given)

Fringe Changes I'm considering (I'm not sure at all about these changes)

- Add a sortie condition where you are provided weapons to use (they will be modded properly) instead of bringing your own

- Add rare untransmutable mods to the potential reward table (these will be super rare and not guaranteed to drop)

Jokes (I like being funny. I don't necessarily want these to be added to the game):

- Added Sortie Condition: Enemies are immune to critical strikes (we all know what weapons are OP)

- Make it so that you have to protect Baro in one of the defense missions. Or maybe Clem:clem:. Or maybe rescue them. My imagination is running wild and wants to see variety in who you are rescuing/protecting.

- Disable Ash during radioactive missions (just kidding, though he's annoying to deal with)

The critical one might be a bit much...

I'd like to see a rework of the drop tables in general. Incredibly annoying trying to get one item after so much work to get something completely useless.

EDIT: Of course that can happen literally anywhere else in this game, but sorties are also limited to once per day with a large drop pool.

Edited by Kibbols123

3 minutes ago, Andrew7811 said:

My first four sorties are always lenses so I'd prefer if I actually got rewarded for my effort instead of punished with a potentially worthless item four times instead of every day

token system and shop to spend those. Lenses. Also, credits and endo in some respectable packs. Yes, credits. I see dire need for some alternative to credit gain outside raids and one round dark sectors. Without credits to spend it even whole endo in origin system is useless.
 No more "seasons" because that just creates problem once once that content will is inevitably abandoned(14 days per season, any1?).
That's pretty much that little push to actually play sorties again, because as it stands now I don't think I've completed more than two or three ever since endo system was introduced.

I don't really see much point in implementing any major structural changes, sure some missions are take longer than others, but that's about it.

I certainly don't want to see upped enemies level, it's cheezy enough already.
Same goes for adding any real difficulty, new exploits will be found. And demands for "rewarding the effort and skill accordingly" would follow shortly.
Though some new modifiers certainly wouldn't hurt.

Edited by 5HV3N

The reward system is the big thing.

I'd like to see the reward changed.  Upon exiting the mission (or relogging after crashing post-mission), you will be given a popup asking you to CHOOSE a reward.  You can choose any one of the checkbox items, or a lotto spin through the repeatable rewards (rigged as usual to basically always give 2k endo).  This solves the Nezha issue, as well as partial incomplete weapon sets.  I have 2 pieces of the wraith twin vipers and it refuses to give me more.  If they come around again in the future, I'll be forced to roll RNG against the parts I already have, and likely miss them again.  If we were allowed to choose, I could pick around those parts and get the remaining 2 (or I could have taken them to begin with instead of getting 2k endo every single day).  I think people would be happy with a guarantee of clearing out checkboxes, being able to ignore rewards you don't want, and then moving on to the endo lottery.  We could afford shorter and more consistent seasons, and keep the rotation going.

Edited by Callback