Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma P vs. Stradvar vs. Supra

Sador1978

Stradavar is reliable at medium to long distances. Due to its good accuracy and low recoil, you can get more headshots than with Soma, and much better ammo economy. Full auto is practically useless, because semi-auto improves all the stats other than fire rate to the point that it performs better in all situations. Significantly lower damage potential than Soma Prime, but slightly better status, and less likely to run out of ammo. Pretty much shoots where you point it, but requires good timing on the trigger to maximize fire rate.

After Supra's buff, it's on par with Boltor Prime for DPS, while the augment makes it great at pumping out status procs. Against targets with high defenses, it can have a faster time-to-kill than Soma Prime, but its high spread and projectile travel time make it harder to use at medium and long distances. A great crowd-killer with punchthrough, and good for keeping your energy topped off (with Entropy Burst).

23 hours ago, tifanator said:

If you want the objectively best weapon, Soma Prime is the answer for sure. If you want the most fun weapon, put (Primed) Rifle Ammo Mutation and Heavy Caliber on your Supra and go to town. Who needs aiming?

On 11/11/2016 at 1:20 AM, ShiraHagane said:

soma prime is far superior to any other assault rifle, and if you're getting less damage with it, I'm actually astonished at how you've managed that

On 11/11/2016 at 1:10 AM, Sador1978 said:

So I've finally managed to get my Soma Prime and I like it.  But I also like the Stradavar and the Supra.  And in my play testing, for myself, I don't find much other than the look of the weapon to promote above those others.  It's just a high crit bullet hose that is actually quite weak if you aren't hitting while the Stradavar has noticeably higher base damage.

So what I'm looking for here is some opinion/theorycrafting on which I should use mostly.

Actually, since Supra's DPS is basically equal to that of the Boltor P, if you don't have a habbit to aim for headshots, Supra > Soma P. Also, Supra has a syndicate mod, so it's not all weak. 

More on point, there are many weapons in the "Rifles" class stronger than Soma P (as in they kill high level stuff much faster). Dex Sybaris and Zhuge are both much more damaging and they are both on the critical headshot niche. Amprex is unmatched for groups of enemies like the infested and corrosive status Braton P is much stronger vs high armor than Soma P.

15 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Actually, since Supra's DPS is basically equal to that of the Boltor P, if you don't have a habbit to aim for headshots, Supra > Soma P. Also, Supra has a syndicate mod, so it's not all weak. 

More on point, there are many weapons in the "Rifles" class stronger than Soma P (as in they kill high level stuff much faster). Dex Sybaris and Zhuge are both much more damaging and they are both on the critical headshot niche. Amprex is unmatched for groups of enemies like the infested and corrosive status Braton P is much stronger vs high armor than Soma P.

first off, soma prime has higher dps than boltor prime without headshots, and by extension, supra (also the accuracy of supra makes me want to throw up, so practically speaking, supra can't match boltor prime in dps).

second, dex sybaris is a burst rifle (but it is better than soma prime, god i love that thing), zhuge is a crossbow (and the recoil makes getting headshots impossible), and amprex is, well, amprex (also better than soma prime sometimes).  while they are technically "rifles" (except zhuge, it's a bow) I was talking specifically about full auto "assault rifles".

I will accept the braton p is situationally better

Edited by ShiraHagane