Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could not enable nvidia hardware acceleration

Scytheatics

Question

Can anyone help me with this problem I've encountered? It doesn't seems to let me enable Nvidia PhysX Effects, I tried a lot ways and even search for solutions online but can't seems to fix it. I have a GEFORCE GTX 950M Graphics card. I really appreciate if anybody can help me with this

EFCAFF04A39D3046DD81D8B003E72ACA3BD45FE5

19 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Scytheatics said:

I have both DirectX 10 and 11 enabled in the launcher

try turning off one of them

€dit: Try and go into your NVidia Control Panel and change the Physix Configuration... there are 3 options... just try out lol

Edited by --Q--UmadcausebaD

7 minutes ago, Nekoneechan said:

First be sure, you installed the latest drivers for you GPU and it contain Nvidia Physx.
Nvidia control panel -> Physx need to be set on GTX950M.
Warframe Launcher only need to set on DX10 or DX11, never use both of them.

Yes, all my drivers are updated to the latest version

I have tried setting it to GTX950M before but it still doesn't work

I've Disable DX10 as if i disable DX11, now the runtime tessellation is grey out too

39 minutes ago, Magnitude98 said:

You might have to be running DX 11.

Or your GPU might not support it.

i tried optimizing the game to the best quality using the nvidia geforce experience, the Nvidia PhysX Effect is turned on in the geforce experience but when i went in the game, it's still off

You have to enable it in your graphics card settings. In the NVidia control panel there is a section for 3d or something. You can then put it to GPU enabled instead of CPU enabled if I recall correctly. I had the same problem awhile back and this worked for me.

Right click the icon in task bar > Nvidia Control Panel > Configure Surround, PhysX > You'll see PhysX Settings and a drop down - set it to the GPU instead of auto/CPU. After, restart the game and try again.

Edited by Coaa

Yes sorry it used to be under 3d settings. The newer control panel has it listed under where I said above. You'll eventually see something about phys-x with a drop down. You want to set it to GPU > restart the game and it'll be fine.

After I read this I went in and realized it wasn't enabled for me again. I recently bought a new graphics card. I hopped in and changed it to GPU, restarted and was able to select it after.

21 hours ago, Coaa said:

Yes sorry it used to be under 3d settings. The newer control panel has it listed under where I said above. You'll eventually see something about phys-x with a drop down. You want to set it to GPU > restart the game and it'll be fine.

After I read this I went in and realized it wasn't enabled for me again. I recently bought a new graphics card. I hopped in and changed it to GPU, restarted and was able to select it after.

alright thanks, i've fixed it