Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Platinum Discount Question

(PSN)Scientio955

Question

Well met Tenno,

Fairly new to Warframe and I’m just trying to get a grasp for all of the game mechanics.

How do Platinum Discounts work?

I’ve seen screenshots showing a 75% off discount making the actual platinum package you purchase cost 75% less (e.g. The 2100 platinum pack for $99.99 Discounted to $24.99) but I personally received a 25% off as a daily tribute and saw no discount on my Platinum packages in the PS Store, but I did see a 25% discount in my in game market (e.g. A color palette at 75 platinum instead cost 56 platinum) and I’ve seen some reports about some silly thing wear if you buy said discounted item without specifically selecting the “Buy with coupon” option in market then the system will charge you full price anyway.

So this brings to question, where the discrepancy is. Are there two different kinds of discounts you might receive as a daily tribute? Did how the product is discounted change with u18 when the system switched from Daily Rewards to Daily Tributes? Or is it a difference between PC and PS4 and its likely more complicated to apply discounts to specific people in the PS Store.

I see how the difference may be minute to some. But it is actually very important in the order and timing in which some may do things. Any information on these discounts would be greatly appreciated.

6 answers to this question

giving us the 25/50/75% off market items coupons, the Obsidian (Jade for Xbox users) pack with PS4 (Xbox) exclusive skins and an extra bit of plat was DE's way of making up for the fact that Sony/MS wont allow Plat discount coupons to be acquired as log in rewards on console

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel