Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] TWW missed opportunity with operators?

silent_sentinal

So, I've completed TWW. it was fantastic and i loved it, all though some of the cut scenes did feel a bit rushed in the sense that they wanted to just speed along (might have been from exhaustion of coming home from work at midnight and playing TWW) and i really loved the new found freedom with the operator amongst the ship and missions, though then i thought "oh my god! DE had to of made it work in relays! that'd would be a really cool social implementation of the system" so i went to the kronia relay and was sorely disappointed when it didn't work. i'd love to see a future implementation of this in the relays even maybe adding ways to incorporate it there? such as new rooms or side activities there to give more life to relays and more of a reason to visit them besides ducats and baro. just some thoughts, maybe someone will see them and agree. anyways, thank you for another fantastic cinematic quest and i cannot wait for more.

2 minutes ago, silent_sentinal said:

I'd love to see a future implementation of this in the relays even maybe adding ways to incorporate it there?

There's nothing to say DE don't currently support the ability to do it.

However, for performance reasons, DE could have just disabled anything to with loading the operator data in the Relays. Already, all the combinations of Warframe's push RAM usage above 1GB (for warframe exclusively, never mind all the drivers memory footprint), so to ensure people can still load in after TWW, DE could have just disabled the code paths in relays.

Just now, silent_sentinal said:

no but you have the option too if you've completed the quest, just hit 5 and you can wander around the orbiter and interact with things as usual

Oh, I was confused, because I tried that earlier and it didn't work. Thanks!

As for your idea, I don't know. Letting the Tenno on the Relays might spoil what they are to newer players. But, I would argue it's just a cosmetic thing, so I'm not opposed to it.