Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TWW: stuck at killing guardian

KARTIK_1997

Question

Hello everyone,

I'm stuck at the part where tenno has to kill the guardian. I come out of the frame and stun the guardian and use melee by going back into the frame but nothing seems to be happening.

Please help me ??

Edited by NovusNova
Removed "Megathread" tag

You have to stun the guardian, and then void dash through them - This causes them to drop their pole-arm. This is when you have the chance to hack and slash them with your melee. If you take to long to kill them, they will obtain a new pole-arm.

9 minutes ago, Azrael said:

I did the entire quest with my beloved mk-1 braton and my lato. I also brought my zenistar, though.

well to be fair, the mk-1 braton can go against lvl 80s when fully forma'd.  easy to use it in TWW.

now the miter on the other hand...

Just now, darkfly0213 said:

Is it just that I suck at this game... I'm tempted to just give up and leave warframe

Don't do that, it's not that you suck. This is an important warframe lesson: it's not about the weapon, it's about the mods. Bad weapons will work fine with the right mods, good weapons are garbage without the right mods. When people talk about a weapon being "garbage" or "MR fodder," they are either trying to min-max or don't know what they are talking about. You can do any mission on the starmap with any weapon in the game, so long as you have some forma and good mods on it. Don't even worry about MR, acquiring and ranking up mods is the real progression in warframe.

The guardian fights were a bit frustrating. The siphon fights later on are also a bit frustrating. It's just a matter of learning a new skill and series of tactics. Once you work out how to do things, and get used to it a bit, it'll be easier.

odd, i wasn't permitted any non melee weapons during that entire segment, including the after portion.

was fine on the way in.

then again the tap 5 until activates then hold operator state bit instead of simple press made the entire thing incredibly frustrating especially as the ability to operator mode seems tied in some way to your "void power" which is also not apparent how charged or the like it is. game be like " oh you held 5 and nothing happens, then you spammed it and popped out and back in. then you started tempo based spam transitioning to hold and stunned one, but the other was missed and hit your frame. time to pop you back in. or one nicked you and back in you go, then time to start trying to pop out while maneuvering again. oh and just for giggles these new mobs will deal damage through walls slamming you in the outer hall from the central chamber etc. isn't that wonderful!?!".

i actually failed this segment once, after 30 minutes trying to melee red ribbons, because i couldn't seem to do anything else. thats what it took to figure out a tempo for tapping 5 to transition catch it and hold key until power used which seems to let you stay out without holding it.

with teshin and a queen alternating two lines of dialogue the ENTIRETY of that 30 minutes.

Edited by steelblueskies
requisite emphasis

1 minute ago, Ambiroa said:

What do you mean? Once I entered the room, only my melee was available.

Yeah I got that too, after I got *back* to the room for the final fight. I thought it was a bug. But I just meant that I used that loadout for the entire thing. I barely used my zenistar, too. Mostly I used it for the disk, to protect myself after getting sent back to my warframe. It didn't work too well, though, because the guardians seemed to be immune to CC. So was Teshin, which was a problem because I definitely did not have a damage-dealing build on it. I wasn't even using Pressure Point!  :)

2 hours ago, Azrael said:

Don't do that, it's not that you suck. This is an important warframe lesson: it's not about the weapon, it's about the mods. Bad weapons will work fine with the right mods, good weapons are garbage without the right mods. When people talk about a weapon being "garbage" or "MR fodder," they are either trying to min-max or don't know what they are talking about. You can do any mission on the starmap with any weapon in the game, so long as you have some forma and good mods on it. Don't even worry about MR, acquiring and ranking up mods is the real progression in warframe.

The guardian fights were a bit frustrating. The siphon fights later on are also a bit frustrating. It's just a matter of learning a new skill and series of tactics. Once you work out how to do things, and get used to it a bit, it'll be easier.

Okay If I contact the support would it be possible for them to reset the quest for me?

If not there really isnt a fix other than me Quitting warframe which i really don't want to do

2 hours ago, darkfly0213 said:

Okay If I contact the support would it be possible for them to reset the quest for me?

I don't know. There are a lot of people asking for a way to change weapons during the quest, so you aren't alone. You can do the entire final fight with just your operator, so if your weapons are that weak you might try to do that. Really it's just a matter of perseverance, and figuring out how to use your operator skills effectively. Don't give up!

The guards seem invulnerable to me.   I transfer out to Tenno form, stun them with a melee attack, dash through the guard and he falls to his knees.  Whether I use the Void laser attack or switch back to the Warframe and hack with a melee weapon, I see no damage and just blue zeros popping up.   

I got so sick of it that killed the game and hoped that a patch would come when I relaunched, but no.   Loaded back into the queens' chamber and the guard is still immune to my attacks.

6 hours ago, Azrael said:

UNLESS you are with a Machete. Thing can't do any damage. 

As they didn't communicated anything about the fact that we need to do a melee only section, I am stuck with this thing. It can do barely any damage to the guardian.

I honestly don't get why they did this, as the guardians uses guns themselves.