The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka - I See Why Nobody Uses This!

Tatersail

in my opinion...it would.

It's fkn sniper rifle, IT SHOULD ONESHOOT THINGS and it should do it better than any weapon in game. it will never be OP with its crap 0.25 fire rate.

Edited by Keetsune

actually...it can oneshot things, you just need to mod it.

Paris is armor ignore, it has no bonus damage against something, because the damage counts as normal.

Lanka is electrical element, some enemys have a weakness, some can resist.

but put a AP mod in it, and it will deal the highest AP damage with dread.

i realy dont know what armor ignore would bring us, if it would make the damage always 100%...yeah...crap.

so how should it scale then? 100% against everything non-corpus? i dont know...would be weird.

actually...it can oneshot things, you just need to mod it.

Dread can do it better and:

- require 0 master rank

- crap mats to craft

- more easy to obtain

- extremely fun to play

- faster fire rate

- and its FKN BOW!!!

There should be somthing that can be enought rewarding for obtaining weapon that require 7 mastery rank, tons of time and mats to research + tons of rare mats to craft.

At the moment Lanka is Snipertron skinned blue sh^t launcher.

Edited by Keetsune

Dread can do it better.

200 electric damage was a little hasty, true, but there comes a day when AP is the only damage type that matters, and guess which weapon gets more consistent, decent scaling on AP element (hint: it goes PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWW!!!)

Not to say that Dread is better or worse, just saying you don't have to feel bad using Lanka when Dread is collecting dust in you inventory. Or not, if you like Dread better that's cool too.

just saying you don't have to feel bad using Lanka

But i feel, you even can't imagine how i feel and i have no other choice like having feel that i scamed by DE. And i feel rly bad for ppls who wasted real money to get Lanka, on their place i would find Developers of Lanka and raped their asses already :D

200 electric damage was a little hasty, true, but there comes a day when AP is the only damage type that matters

I'm assuming you're either talking about grineer or body shots, because most vulnerability spots I know of don't scale in resistance (only exceptions being fested crawlers and grineer heads).

Learn to mod your lanka kitsune, that's all

I make more damage with my lanka than paris and my dread on a solo target

Pretty much... if you look back on page 3/4 you'll see my Damage Tables and how to "properly" mod it. 

just tried it again on Io

put my Serration and AP on it and go. no problems.

it can now oneshot the smaller ones and twoshot the ancients, thats nice. but it still has some ammo problems like all the other rifles.

compared to my bow who can clean the whole gangway with one shot, the rifles need way more shots.

i was dry after wave 3...Acrid solved the rest then, its crazy how strong it is compared to all the other weapons.

i mean...Two shots of my unmodded Acrid can do the same that my Lanka at level 15 can do, because my rifle...cant hit multiple targets, and has a poor ammo pool.

as i said here, https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/73108-sniper-rifle-natural-but-alternate-puncture-mechanic/ it would be nice to have a use for all the "Overkill Damage".

Edited by LazerusKI

not anymore, you can deal good damage against everything now.

corpus have just a bonus. also corpus act as a swarm too, just ranged.

as i said in the other thread, there is just no sense in dealing overkill-high damage against single targets...

why should i shoot a corpus with a projectile with such an imense damage, that could kill him 10 times?

that like using a tactical nuke focused into a single spot to kill a single wasp in your room.

its a waste of potential damage.

you have only 74 shots, so 74 kills if you wont pick up ammo.

dread? pff, on Io you can kill the whole gangway with one shot.

with Lanka i run dry after wave 3, dread had still ammo at wave 15.

Anti-Corpus Weapon? pfff

use dread, put Stormbringer and Piercing hit on it, and you have a Weapon that act similar to the lanka, just better.

why?

first of all you can "tap" the shots, with maxed mods it is enough to kill even Engineers or Fusion Moas. you cant do it with lanka, you need to fully charge it all the time. and dread charges very fast with speed trigger.

then: the arrows can puncture multiple enemys, so more kills for a single shot. lanka and all the other rifles can deal damage against only one target per shot. and yeah, as i said, this is useless waste of potential damage.

too many enemys, not enough ammo

most people say "the arrow puncture is not so good" ... you can kill a whole gangway on Io with one single shot, so...it is useless if i need less ammo to deal more damage in a shorter time against more enemys? i dont think so.

actually the bows are far superior to all the other sniper weapons, just because of the puncture (more ammo efficiency)

and against lanka they are also superior because of the ability to "tap".

also lanka has the bug that the visual charge indicator disappears, or that the whole charge is gone.

Edited by LazerusKI

as i said in the other thread, there is just no sense in dealing overkill-high damage against single targets...

why should i shoot a corpus with a projectile with such an imense damage, that could kill him 10 times?

that like using a tactical nuke focused into a single spot to kill a single wasp in your room.

its a waste of potential damage.

Because most of us who respect the lanka and its damage potential are looking more into the lvl 100-200 enemy range, not the wimpy 30-60's people fight in pug's (and then proceed to die continuously at lvl 70-80). 

and there it is more usefull to use abilitys, like saryns miasma.

the cases where you fight agaisnt these high enemys are rare, endless defense, thats all. and then there is just not a real sense of doing it.

there is nothing special you get while fighting agaisnt them, so why should you waste your time to reach these waves? for some it is fun, ok, agreed.

but even if you want, the dread would still be the better choice, damage of dread and lanka is similar, with the difference that dread can hit multiple targets at once while dealing tripple damage against infested.

lanka can deal more damage against corpus, sure, but as i said...the ammo.

why should you want to shoot 74 enemys, if you can double or tripple the amount of kills by using a bow?

lanka has nothing special that gives it a reason to compare to the bows.

both have projectile travel time, i would say lanka and dread have a similar projectile speed.

dread deals more damge against infested, lanka against corpus.

dread and lanka deal nearly the same damage (150dmg with 200% crit, 200dmg with 150% crit)

dread can puncture, lanka can not - dread has a higher ammo efficiency and damage output because of this.

dread can tap, lanka need to fully charge

dread can charge faster, even without speedtrigger

dread does have the bonus of two polaritys

dread can stagger everything, lanka cant electrocute ancients (i think)

so, why should i use lanka? it has more negatives than positive compared to bows. other sniper rifles have even more disadvantages because of the very long reload time and the small magazine. but they dont need to wait 1.5s between shots, that can miss moving targets.

so, should you use lanka only because of the higher corpus damage? if you compare them, dread can deal more damage, just because of its puncture.

and in endless defense, the enemys will stand or run most of the time in rows, so its very usefull here. kill one, damage the rest.

and dont say "but dread is hard to get".

if you play against level 200 enemys, you are high enough that you can kill the stalker over and over again.

got my complete stalker pack in 4 rounds after farming a boss.

dont get me wrong, i love the lanka, its a plasma rifle, i just think, that it deserves more.

so far the bows are superior in every aspect.

Edited by LazerusKI

the cases where you fight agaisnt these high enemys are rare, endless defense, thats all. and then there is just not a real sense of doing it.

there is nothing special you get while fighting agaisnt them, so why should you waste your time to reach these waves? for some it is fun, ok, agreed.

I stopped reading after this.  Clearly you are not looking forward to the end-game DE is implementing within the next few major updates (U10 or 11 I believe).  It's quite clear that the weapons are not balanced at all for this low lvl stuff.  A supra can 1-shot corpus up to lvl 50.  Clearly balanced. 

Try making comparisons using the level enemy the weapon and mod setup is designed to fight, and then maybe a little above that to see where what drops off and how. 

my dread is maxed, serration needs 3 levels then it is maxed too.

so far my dread can oneshot everything in the t3 void, so level 90.

even with a bodyshot it can kill erverything except the minigunners, they need a second shot.

and that was before the resistance-rework.

sure im looking forward to the nightmare content, but as i said...

why should i waste one of my 74 lanka/other rifle shots on one enemy, if one of my dread bolts can kill multiple enemys at once?

Sooo...why cant we use the "overkill" damage usefull?

lets say your enemy has 2000HP and your full modded Sniper Rifle can deal 10k Damage.

let it hit the enemy and kill him (sounds logical, right?) but why stop then? why cant the bullet pierce through him with reduced damage? the next target will be hit for a maximum of 8k damage then, lets say its an elite with 4000HP. so, your 8k Bullet will hit, kill and will travel through him with 4000damage left. you can still hit more enemys until all the damage is "used".

it would be a little bit different to our actual Puncture (Penetrate with the same damage), but it would give Snipers a reason to exist.

it would increase the rifle-ammo efficiency against low-level enemys, while it would stay the same against high-level.

its killing power would drop with higher level enemys.

it would be the same that a normal assault rifle has, because you can controll your damage output with them.

you can kill more low-level enemys than you can kill high-level enemys. the same that every other rifle has.

Edited by LazerusKI

Snipetron Vandal ...... wow...   its so responsive, you just hover the mouse over the target and it dies.

you can run and gun with it!, hardly even need to zoom just point it at mobs heads and pop..

unranked hits corpus for 500

I got mine to level 10, serration, crit dmg....  2800 crits.... instantly.. no gash charge, no leading targets, no slight delay on letting go of the mouse to shooting, just... click dead...

I would spend 6 days crafting snipetron vandal, I would be happy with mastery rank 7, I would be happy with the huge material cost, research....

I......  ...  it really shows how bad Lanka is.....

yup, with the new Overkill Rifle, DE needs to Buff the other Rifles, mainly Lanka (Lanka = Clantech Endgame, Vulkar is a good beginner Sniper. No one uses the Beginner-Braton in lategame, so this is basically the Beginner-Sniper since Snipetron is was gone).

Lanka is now...meh...Vandaltron can deal High Damage against the Corpus Head too because of the AP, does not need to charge, has a big magazine and a fast reload. It has everything that the Lanka had, just better.

Lanka has higher Base dmg, sure, but Snipetron has AP.

AP >>> Electric.

Edited by LazerusKI

AP is the best because it deals increased damage against nearly everything.

Lanka? Only Corpus.

And as i said.

Vandaltron: Fast RoF, Ultimate Damage Type, High Magazine, Fast Reload

Lanka: Slow RoF, Corpus-Killer Damage Type, High Magazine, Fast Reload

Vandal wins...