Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt, "high-Damage Warframe" You Say?

ChurroBatman

I'm on my 6th warframe, and it's volt. now i love his design, and I like his powers, but for something that's supposed to be used as an "alternative to gun play", he's under-powered. shock is just...terrible as it is, especially since it's one of Volt's two offensive abilities, again which is supposedly a "High-Damage" warframe. as for its added effects that supposedly balance it out, theres a very low stun chance, being at about 10%, and its damage is barely high enough to kill a level 30 osprey. The ability to jump to other targets is also low, and even if it does jump, it does even less damage. all im asking for is a shock buff so that it can be compared to something like Saryn's Venom, or Ember's fireball, heck, i can even rely on slash dash to deal more damage than shock can even dream to do at this point.

Overload is an ok skill, but it's also highly situation based, being that if you really want to clear the room at higher levels you need to be on a corpus ship. to be clear, I don't think overload is a bad ability, i just think it's outclassed by many other 4th hotkey abilities. 

i think speed and shield are good abilities as well, they come in handy as utilities. the only issue i see with either, is that the electric shield seems to vary in size pretty often, and can be very bad if you get a small shield with a wide arc of Grineer in front of you.

lastly, i obtained the storm helmet, and i dont see any difference in his damage output, is this a glitch? or am i not noticing how much more damage it does because 10% of nothing is still nothing?

dont get me wrong, i like to use my volt, and i think he's a cool warframe, but it hurts to see him pale in comparison to so many other warframes

I don't understand why they switched Volt with Mag, as a starter Warframe.

I picked Volt, the first time I joined, and he was okay. His first three skills were boring and poo and his Overload skill didn't always work well.

I honestly loved volt till he was removed from the 3 options. he was a good starter frame but once I got him to 30, he wasn't all that powerful. I sold him for a measly 25k. I somewhat regret it but I don't have the energy to farm him again.. he wasn't finished in closed beta I felt his powers never worked right.

I picked Volt, the first time I joined, and he was okay. His first three skills were boring and poo and his Overload skill didn't always work well.

Mag is female. Gender equality YAY.

Also, it's true. Vaubad outvolts Volt.

Volt, seriously is now one of my favourite frames :)
though his damaging skills may not be too useful in high level mission, but heck, he is still very awesome and cool with Speed and Electric shield!!!!
Have you ever tried that with Dera? That's completely amazing.
The only problem I can think of is that DE should really work on his shield, so that Volt players can shoot through it even when they are not hosting :)

I suggest you go ahead and try the Electric shield with Hek or Dera.

Removes the range damage mitigation from shotguns and turns Dera into hitscan. Old Hek sniping galore.

i have no quarrels with his shield, i use it often, and as i said, it's a good utility. the only actual problem i have with it is that the size varies, going from wide to small and such. my problem is his other offensive uses like shock or overload. 

(on a side note i do use it with the Hek, and it deals a pretty impressive amount of damage)

Edited by ChurroBatman

Volt is a high damage frame.... So they gave him a shield and a RUN AWAY!!! ability.

Durp.

That made my day.

I play Volt, as well. However, somewhat like Mag, the only ability that has any use seems to be the 4-skill.

However, I supplement him with Ember for infested missions... Volt's got nothing on dem Ancients.

I think that's because volt is an elemental frame

and mag isn't

so they switched it so at the beginning all enemies type are equally hard (maybe)

Volt gets no love, either from his looks (people say he looks more like a woman...using those high heels) and as well as his abilities (all that was said previously on this thread)

"But...he can tank right?"

sure, one of the lowest armors in the game only having a ton of shields that deplete quite fast on high level missions, shields go down = DEAD X_X

but my only gripe i really have with him is that he has not appeared in any trailers...not on the PS4 trailer or the starting trailers

volt lives in the shadows...along with trinity because i hear she's getting no love as well

Volt's not a damage dealer as per his description, he's a shield tank.  I've even made a thread on the subject asking for a rework that overhauls all his abilities and swaps out electric shield for something entirely different.  Even if he's not getting reworked, you should still note this:

Volt < Frost

Volt < Vauban

Freeze > Shock: electrical element is bad and Freeze does guaranteed stun

Ice Wave ~ Speed: completely incomparable abilities; personally, I like Speed more

Snow Globe > Electric Shield: is this even a contest?  Sure, Volt's shield adds damage, but Frost gets to ignore it.  He's practically invincible in there.

Avalanche > Overload: Overload is unreliable, does electrical damage, and cannot be used effectively in the same place twice

Tesla > Shock: does this even need explaining?

Bounce: well, this is crap and we all know it, so no Vauban actually uses this and just uses the extra mod slots for more valuable things like extra health

Bastille > Electric Shield: does this need explaining?

Vortex > Overload: once again, this isn't terribly complicated.  Sure, Overload has the range, but it's a single-use and does electrical.

Oh, so it's only about gender and not skill usefulness/power?

Wow...

It's more about choice diversity and having a good set of options that don't rely purely on numbers for the people who don't care about min-maxing.

Volt is a joke, unfortunately. First three abilities are nigh-useless. Shock doesn't hurt anyone mid to late game, spammed or otherwise. Speed is useful for you to be annoying to your team, and hardly any faster than whirligiging or being loki with rush. Electric Shield is too small to be useful for anyone but you, and the AI just has the mobs walk through it without considering that it's there. Oh, and there's that pew-to-hitscan bug going on with it. Anyway, it's too small to be useful to you OR the team at large.

And then there's overload. WIth the right mods, you'll still beat up the corpus on pluto, but that's about all it's got going for it.

He's got good shields, but he's just lacking in about every area. RIP, my volt frame.

volt is good  frame  but what bugging me is  volt made and designed exclusivity to fight  corpus  because his electric damage but when u go deep in defense mission like wave 20+ in outer terminus  saryn miasma can overpower his overlord  ugh -.- how its supposed anti corpus frame if saryn and vauban are over power him in high corpus level