The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

VERY low fps on decent rig. (fixed(kinda))

Nokoraver

Just updated the game last night. started playing warframe today after the update and my build:78ZfKvF.png

Cannot run warframe above 15-30 fps. even looking into a corner does not boost performance what so ever. Solid 60 fps all day every day last week. now i can hardly escape 25 fps. 

Come on DE, i would really like to play the update we have been waiting over a year for.

GeForce had an update i didn't know about so i ran that and now it is back to normal. had to re optimize the game but its fine now.

haha never mind. still getting horrible dips. at least its over 35 fps but unplayable. 

Edited by Nokoraver
im an idiot

I'd say get hwmonitor or something like that to check your clock speeds and temps. Had my second rigs CPU max out at 800mhz while at 49C after updating, restart fixed it.

Also look at your individual cores and see if all of them are being used (you might have multi-threading off)

13 hours ago, W0wRUUD said:

What are your graphics settings? They did upgrade the lighting with the new update, so that is probably part of the problem.

With a GTX 1070 he should be able to run this game at 4k with no problems, I doubt it's that

I've been trying to track down fps dips on a decent rig. So far I've noticed that game has terrible multicore optimization if any. First core peaks around 90%, third around 50% and others just here and there around 30% and then back down to sub 10%. GPU memory is around 2 gigs, and usage ~40% with fps locked to 120 (114 irl, dunno how that math works though). Try to set up msi afterburner with rivatuner server, enable on screen display and see where your usage is.

I've got the same rig, 6600k and 1070 and getting bad fps. Game starts at about 70 (72 cap). Then slowly proceeds to lower every once in a while. 70->60->50->40->30. Please fix your S#&$. This didn't happen before TWW. Disabling the new graphics options does not help.

http://www.techradar.com/news/heres-why-you-should-hold-off-on-installing-nvidias-latest-drivers

It appears some users may be experiencing some issues with the latest Nvidia drivers. Could everyone please try rolling back to the 375.70 drivers and confirm whether or not you still experience these problems with Warframe?

We also recommend using a program like Display Driver Uninstaller to completely wipe away the Nvidia drivers you currently have installed.

Thanks.