The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Beta Ending

Tiz91

The open beta was able to bring over a million players to the game, making it become one of the best MMO of 2013, but my question is:

When will the beta be considered concluded?

I do know that it will probably end within the release of the PS4, but I was curious what the community thought about this.

Any idea or news?

It has to come out of Open Beta for the PS4 launch. It seem... odd for a "launch" title to be "access" to an "open beta". End of November, no sooner.

Even tho I agree with you, it looks very hard for this to happen in just 5 or 6 months.

They still have to fix tons of bugs, add (or improve) the "stealth" system, new weapons, warframes and the whole story system.

Seems like a lot of work that needs to be done and the deadline is sooner than you'd think.

There is still a lot of work to do before I would consider it "release quality." Even aside from the endgame and such, the actual gameplay, though vastly improved over time, is still awkward and a bit disagreeable at times.

Lag fix before release or game dies quick. Rest is down to DE on how much polish they want.

"Hell" (end game) ideally needs adding for players to call it a release, rather than them having a view of waiting on more content that should of been added in Open Beta period. Expansion (with own beta) after release is fine so long as their is end content before.

Even tho I agree with you, it looks very hard for this to happen in just 5 or 6 months.

Yes, it's why I'm one of those people who kinda did that *hisss* intake of breath when they said at "launch." If they were just going to release on the PS4, maybe 6 or so months after launch, then it would seem smarter. Pushing or getting pushed to be a Launch title is not the best move and feels like a rehash of the Publisher pressures DE didn't want to deal with while making this game.

However, if you look at some of the core game play elements (minus sneaking). They are actually not too far off. If they spend the next few months doing nothing but bug crushing, polishing current tile sets, and maybe squeaking in an extra boss rebuilt or two it can be done.

They just released 'alpha' content into their 'beta' game.

I believe that the game follows a perpetual beta model. It will never "come out" of beta because they will continually be tinkering and adding new unpolished features.

I believe that the game follows a perpetual beta model. It will never "come out" of beta because they will continually be tinkering and adding new unpolished features.

Coudn't have said it in a better way.

It seems that every new content they add is either buggy as hell or "Unfinished" in some way.

I really have no idea what my definition of a "Completed Warframe" could be.

Generally an open beta of a game ends with the V10. And probably Warframe will follow this, because Update 9 is very near and from here to 5/6 months the game MUST be ready for the PS4. 

So, I think from September to November, to allow fixes and last patches before the PS4 launch.

Oh, my god. How many times do people have to fixate on this? It doesn't matter - stop derailing threads with irrelevant genre discussions, it serves no point.

Because if people keep calling an apple an orange none will know what an orange is.

Coudn't have said it in a better way.

It seems that every new content they add is either buggy as hell or "Unfinished" in some way.

I really have no idea what my definition of a "Completed Warframe" could be.

Really? What are the "unfinished" things they've added? There's a difference between adding and adjusting, mind you.

The only thing that really comes to mind for me is the Torid DoT that didn't seem to work as intended at release..

Edited by Lykalos

I would love to hear on what kind of guess you build this sentence.....

The guess is that, being a starter title for PS4, i doubt they'd rather leave it as a beta. That's all.

Really? What are the "unfinished" things they've added? There's a difference between adding and adjusting, mind you.

The only thing that really comes to mind for me is the Torid DoT that didn't seem to work as intended at release..

Read you updater screen once in a while? The Dojo is specifically identified by DE as alpha untested content. They have said its rough, unfinished, and going to be revamped soon.

I think they will continue to release untested content on us. Not that it's bad, just because its easier for them to let us pick apart their content and react than to bullet proof it from the start.

The Dojo highlights that. DE wasn't happy about the mega clans but that's the logical conclusion of the system they launched. High proses split over infinite people results in minor individual cost, why wouldn't everyone band into mega clans? However DE didn't see this eventuality.

They will keep releasing content expecting us to play their way and we will keep forcing them to add more constraints.

A few notes that need to be said in this thread:

1. MMO is a very loose term. It is not longer a Genre or a classification of sorts, It's a very standardly used phrase for most games these days.

You can have Singleplayer games, Multiplayer games, and MMOs, basically.

You can go ahead and say: "NO! SCREW YOU! YOURE SAYING IT WRONG." But I'm just putting it out there that, at this point, that would be like going over to every person who writes "lol" when he isn't infact laughing out loud.

2. DE confirmed that if necessary, Warframe will remain in "BETA" (which is also a very loose term these days) even in and after PS4 Launch. Including the PS4 version, of course (They will be identical. Hopefully.)

Carry on.