The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

FPS Drop. Need some help. PC

AceWolffian

So recently I've noticed my frames getting low. I'm hitting down to 15 and up but mostly hover around 35ish fps. These are in missions and do not drop that low only when so many things are happening. It stays like that usually for the duration of each mission. I start off at around 59 frames at mission start but it decreases from there. My fps in the liset is 120 to 170ish. I want to hear from others (hopefully some with same/close to my specs). I also upgraded my cpu from amd (athlon I think? It was a budget build) and expected better performance.

I HAVE tried disabling 64-bit mode, Directx10 and 11. 

I do NOT have v-sync and Phyx on.

My Specs: 

EVGA Geforce GTX 960 ssc

Intel Core i7 6700k 

Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram

Motherboard: Gigabyte h110m-a

Any help is appreciated. Sorry if I posted in wrong section.

I would try and monitor what your hardware is doing temperature wise. You can use HWMonitor for instance. It's free. Also, if it applies, check whether your ram is installed in matching memory channel banks. Apparently, that was a fix that worked for frame rate probs in BF1.

If everything appears to be normal, then reinstalling software would probably be the easiest thing to do next. Try installing Warframe again completely clean first. If it's still bad then perform a clean Windows install and Warframe only. Nothing else and without any of your favorite utilities etc.

I realize it's time consuming and unpleasant work. Better than chasing your tail for weeks or months and hoping for fixes however.

Edited by cx-dave

20 hours ago, AceWolffian said:

So recently I've noticed my frames getting low. I'm hitting down to 15 and up but mostly hover around 35ish fps. These are in missions and do not drop that low only when so many things are happening. It stays like that usually for the duration of each mission. I start off at around 59 frames at mission start but it decreases from there. My fps in the liset is 120 to 170ish. I want to hear from others (hopefully some with same/close to my specs). I also upgraded my cpu from amd (athlon I think? It was a budget build) and expected better performance.

Hi AceWolffian,

Yes, you should absolutely be seeing better results with an i7 6700k / GTX 960. We are currently in the process of tracking down a similar performance issue, however your help would be greatly appreciated.

Could you please submit a support ticket with a copy of an EE.log taken immediately after you have had this issue occur? Additionally, it would be very help if you could type something in chat during this state of poor performance. This helps us track down the bad spots. Typing anything is fine, even just "slowperf". 

Your EE.log can be found here, and you can submit a support ticket here.

Thanks!

On 2016/11/15 at 8:11 AM, AceWolffian said:

My rig:
Windows 7 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 4GB DDR5 (GPU@1266MHz / Memory@1753MHz / Boost@1367MHz)
RAM 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 933MHz
Resolution: 1920x1080@60Hz

--

My FPS becomes lower and lower after each update, specifically, started from "The specter of the rail".

Before that, my FPS in the liset could hit over 400 easily with max settings if I didn't cap it.
And in a full team LoR raid, I used to have 150~200 FPS with max settings.

After "The specter of the rail":
Normal mission (4 members): 120~160 FPS

After "The silver groves":
Normal mission (4 members): 70~120 FPS

After "The war within":
Normal mission (4 members): 40~70 FPS

Changing graphic settings doesn't help much.
Changing GPU driver doesn't help.

Edited by aerosoul1337

I experience the same, since Specters of the Rail performance is getting worse and worse by a LOT.

Core i7 4720 HQ @ 2.60GHz

Nvidia GTX 965M

16GB RAM

It used to be I would rarely drop below 60 fps on Max Settings, now if not on Fullscreen (where I used to set it to Borderless) I get much worse fps.