The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mods are NOT a mistake!

Markael

3 hours ago, schilds said:

No you can't. You have weapons forced on you by RNG.

As someone that uses almost every loadout slot, each one with a different primary, as someone who already has diversity, and is only limited by potatoes, forma and time, it seems to me that Riven mods just add another restriction that has to be overcome by those who want to complete a variety of builds. They add diversity across the entire player base at the cost of discouraging diversity of builds for individual players. They encourage those who main a weapon to try something different, at the cost of an additional barrier in the way of people who already try different things.

To me, Riven mods scream "use this weapon, not that other one you wanted to try".

Whats funnier is Riven mods are not only for your rifles but also your sentinels weapons too. IE the Stinger Riven mod that i have.

Riven mods are the best thing that happened to the game in a long time. It adds that long desired uniqueness to the game. No matter how hard you try, it is extremely hard to come up with unique builds with limited amount of mods that every person has. 

With that said, I think it should be easier to get them, so that you are not stuck with S#&$ty sentinel riven mods like I do.

Also the riven mods shouldn't be weapon specific, but sub category specific. Like riven mods for launchers, riven mods for bows, riven mods for automatic rifles and so on. And every single weapon category should them, as well as warframes. 

Also exilus slot on weapons when ? Hurry the F*** up DE.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)x_RaiLight_x said:

I wonder how that will change anything. It's not only that thing that it's completely broken, it's literally everything. From how you obtain the mods, to how you unlock them, when you can use them and the stats. If RNJesus is not your friend (and even if it is) you'll find this as a really bad feature.

Yes, installing the most powercreep mod you find on your fav weapon is something new, creative and interesting.

That might be because after screwing up the way they did people find really hard to balance all the stuff that is coming out. In my honest opinion I believe that it can be balanced, but I don't blame those who believe that it won't, for it they screwed up the way they did. A bunch of people have given strong suggestions regarding this topic, and I deeply suggest DE to take a really close look about said suggestions.

They are a mistake, and don't you even try to attempt ignoring the facts. It's a broken mechanic, end of the story.

Im not a friend of how you obtain these mods, but still, they are a good idea

Installing these mods on your favourite weapon yes, thats the idea, not the same as installing the mod in a cheesy weapon that just kills everything without its need

It should be balanced a bit yes, but its not a bad idea. Screw up? They only released the rifle mods to test, i suppose, if not they would release mods for every weapon to receive feedback about the change

No no end of the story, you cant end it and act like you said the truth when you just voiced your opinion.

They arent a mistake if the idea behind is good and if they can flesh them out correctly, if not they would be but for now we know nothing

Edited by mstriker

21 hours ago, Markael said:

Hi!

I keep seeing a lot of messages / upvotes about how "riven mods are wrong", "rivengate" and so on... While everyone may express their opinion about how good or bad this new system is, I believe it is wrong to give it such a despiccable look. DE has made an enormous effort IMHO to bring us closer to a real endgame by introducing this hunt for rare, random and possibly extremely powerful assets, that we may take days or weeks to acquire, and that in the end are absolutely personnal, since we get to reroll them how we want (at some price of course, but way worth it).

So please, stop trying to induce DE into thinking they shouldnt have done what they did. It is a great step forward, a way to give Warframe another reason to be played with more excitement, and a way to finally use fun but otherwise bad weapons that were taking dust in our arsenals, waiting for an improbable buff.

Wouldn't you agree?

I would, if it was actually a hunt as you described. But it's RNG on top of RNG, on top of RNG, on top of....you see where I'm going with this. And I have seen the same idea in games such as Diablo3 and borderlands with the stat variations on gear and guns. Only difference is they drop from bosses/elite/unique monsters and can also be found as world drops. 

The method to get Riven mods in this game is not the same, it's a dumb luck lottery system in it's current implementation.

21 hours ago, Markael said:

Hi!

I keep seeing a lot of messages / upvotes about how "riven mods are wrong", "rivengate" and so on...

Well, its a good thing they didnt said anything about "rivendell", i mean...do we need gandalf to help us in warframe? 

ysnp.jpg

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

The power creep that Riven mods brings are fine.

The majority of Riven mods are MR 10+. So just like the galatine/tigris prime (which are MR 13 weapons) which are insanely powerful relative to everything else, they create endgame gear to reach towards. It's another reason for MR to matter. To even access this level of power you basically have to play through most of the game.

The random re-roll aspect, is fine.

It's a perfectionist mentality that drives a lot of players to be upset about the whole notion of randomised stats, but the reason why it's fine is that at the end of the day, it's just end game min-maxing. None of it is required to tackle any of the games content (yes that multishot/crit bonuses, at the end of the day are just damage bonuses that push the enemy outscaling bar back, but that point of fall-off is still inevitable). To even get to Riven mods, you have to beat the War Within- which means you literally beat the game's major quest/storyline up to this point- you've already won, and clearly proven yourself to have gear to take on the entire game.

The acquisition method through sorties though, I disagree with. it's extremely unreliable to actually get a riven mod due to the sortie drop table including other resources like Endo and lenses which are very dated rewards (Endo is significantly easier through the Ayatan scupture system and most people have lenses on the gear they want and have maxed out the parts of the focus trees they want) and the issue of after getting a riven mod to drop, getting the weapon base you want (aka not a sentinel gun) adds to that aspect of rng 1-method only frustration

And some guns in the pool just can't be saved. A gun like the buzlok, for instance is "fun" but even with good riven mods still won't be popular at all of it's stats are just plain bad  (100% crit chance of an inferior 10% is not worth it). The solution to a gun like this is not a single bandaid mod but a fundamental rework of it stats to bring it up to par.