Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best syndicates for melee only?

ghost_hardware

Question

Hi!

I'm playing melee only (because controller and game is too fast to aim with ranged weapons).

I'm new player and don't know much about warframes and syndicates yet. Honestly, if I start researching topic I would be reading 10 hours instead of playing.

So I ask you: what syndicates to choose if I play melee only and will stick with it till the end.

I'm now on excalibur and rhino is building, but as I understand I will be able to get any non-prime frame in future without too much effort.

All in all: what is best syndicates set for melee?

Edited by ghost_hardware

14 answers to this question

Just now, ghost_hardware said:

Hi!

I'm playing melee only (because controller and game is to fast to aim with ranged weapons).

I'm new player and don't know much about warframes and factions yet. Honestly, if I start researching topic I would be reading 10 hours instead of playing.

So I ask you: what factions to choose if I play melee only and will stick with it till the end.

I'm now on excalibur and rhino is building, but as I understand I will be able to get any non-prime frame in future without too much effort.

All in all: what is best factions set for melee?

infested

Just now, (PS4)PuriDiv said:

Honestly each one has it's own little features, but I'd probably say Arbiters, Red Veil, or New Loka.

Honestly Red Veil's melee weapon is horrible as just that. 

It's more suited for people who don't use melee, as they can use it to recover health and shields.

5 minutes ago, ghost_hardware said:

Geeze man, it's a little early to think about syndicates

At your level it would probably be New Loka for Skana mod or Steel Merid for Dual Cleavers mod, but it could take you a couple weeks to get either of those, by which time you'll have other weapons you might want to mod

Honestly by the time you can unlock the actual syndicate melees you'll be powerful enough to make any of them work

So what you'll want to do is find the syndicate that makes the most sense to you. Do you style yourself a freedom fighter (Steel Merid and Red Veil)? A symbol of peace (New Loka and Hexis)? Maybe you're a freelance agent (Suda and Perrin). You can join three or even four syndicates and just trade the loot of the others with other players

5 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

depends on play style ...

the telos boltace is good for a slide maim build with range 

vaykor sydoon  opens up finishers/blind

loka magistar negates status and heals on charge attacks

i personally use melees more often then not, but these are top ones id say in terms of coving frames missing these benifits 

Actual review:

Telos boltace is a mediocre weapon that becomes great only if used for slides excvlusively, where it is king along with atterax.

Vaykor sydon is a very high-tier but also balanced crit/status weapon, it also has good speed and good damage. It's literally the most balanced good weapon out there. Also if you block 15 hits in a row it can blind enemies for those finishers, sure.

Sancti Magistar is slow, deals a ton of damage, and crits well. It has a very useful passive where charge attacks heal you. Probably the best passive considering the weapon its on.

Rakta dark dagger is a garbage weapon, but combined with a status build, life strike and covert lethality, it can restore your health and buff your shields up all the way into overshields, while instakilling on finishers (but you need a finisher-opener frame for this bit).  Stat wise, it is rubbish though.

Edited by BeeOverlord

Just now, BeeOverlord said:

Actual review:

Telos boltace is a mediocre weapon that becomes great only if used for slides excvlusively, where it is king along with atterax.

Vaykor sydon is a very high-tier but also balanced crit/status weapon, it also has good speed and good damage. It's literally the most balanced good weapon out there. Also if you block 15 hits in a row it can blind enemies for those finishers, sure.

Sancti Magistar is slow, deals a ton of damage, and crits well. It has a very useful passive where charge attacks heal you. Probably the best passive considering the weapon its on.

Rakta dark dagger is a garbage weapon, but combined with a status build, life strike and covert lethality, it can restore your health and buff your shields up all the way into overshields, while instakilling on finishers (but you need a finisher-opener frame for this bit).  Stat wise, it is rubbish though.

well i get you dislike the dagger ... from this and your other posts...

some other tidbits

sancti magister also can heal defense pods  which is a very useful trait

telos can be good  without slides , just it has synergy with saryn sliding + lash and zephyr midair slide due to its aoe effect, the slash procs are what give it its edge, but bloodrush +berserker can make it nasty . as it has the highest slide damage its the normal to slap on maim and slide kill, but  combos for knock down or rag doll work fine also

ratka benefits from weeping wounds as its having a rad proc  = shield + it , plus setup a rad, corrosive +blast it can be fun , ivara is good companion with it being a stealth frame and all. though its the weapon of an assassin and not a brawler, takes strategy and stealth 

47 minutes ago, ghost_hardware said:

what is the best syndicate for their starting benefits (say 1-2-3 ranks)?

Everyone except Red Veil. The other five syndicates give you Health or Energy restore items at rank 3 (Veil just gives Ammo restore). The only other useful item at rank 3 or below is the Specter items, and everyone except Meridian gives good specters (Loka and Suda give you healing helpers, Veil gives you a melee rush distraction, Perrin and Hexis give you allies with guns)