Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE: Solution For Arcane Quality of Life

Manly_McManface

Arcanes are awesome. They add some pretty cool situational mechanics into the game. Arcanes are also very inconvenient to use due to them being attached to helmets and syandanas. This makes it so that if you want to share arcanes between warframes, you need to commit to one single syandana, and distill/move helmet arcanes between warframe helmets. Currently there is no way around this whatsoever.

My proposed solution is very simple. Its so simple I'm sure some people have thought of it before, and I'm surprised it isnt already in the game. My idea is this: simply give every warframe two arcane slots! They can be in the upgrades section along with the mods, or another tab for arcanes could be made in the arsenal for warframes. This simple idea would make it so that A) you can be more free with syandana and helmet choice B) you no longer need to go through the process of distilling and installing arcanes on helmets and C) since warframes have three different tabs where you can mod for three different builds, you could also potentially have three different arcane setups for any specific warframe. 

This system would work very well in the game, as you could incorporate arcanes directly into warframe mod setups/builds, making it MUCH easier to swap between arcane setups. Changing warframes or frame loadouts would automatically change the arcanes to whatever you have slotted into those specific frames/loadouts at the time. 

For example. I could have arcane aegis and barrier on my frost, to make his shields ridiculously strong. If i wanted to swap out one of the arcanes with an arcane grace, Id have to either change my equipped syandana or helmet and ruin my fasion frame game, or distill and reinstall arcanes on my preferred cosmetics; a process which costs two days worth of syndicate standing every time you do it, and takes some time to do.

With my proposed system, arcanes would be installed directly onto the warframes, and there would be potential to have 3 arcane loadouts per warframe (just like mods). Changing arcanes could be as simple as changing from loadout A to loadout B. One little click.

This wouldnt in any way make arcanes stronger or more available to players, but it would significantly increase quality of life for changing arcanes around, and keep everyones fashion frame game strong!

If I recall correctly, DE proposed that instead of binding Arcanes to one INDIVIDUAL Cosmetic (helmet/Syandana), it would slot in the category.

Example: Arcane installed on 'Helmet' section would apply the Arcane, but not be limited by helmet choice. Arcane installed on 'Syandana' section would still allow for any/all Syandanas to be used.

5 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

If I recall correctly, DE proposed that instead of binding Arcanes to one INDIVIDUAL Cosmetic (helmet/Syandana), it would slot in the category.

Must have missed this. Would this be warframe specific or just general? Like if I had an arcane installed on the helmet slot, would it be in the helmet slot for all my warframes or just the one? 

It would be nice if it was just the one (that would be pretty much my idea but slightly different), because then I could make arcane setups for each warframe (when I get more arcanes...)