Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Have Seen The Light

Drakonnan180

I realized that you don't even need speed, stamina, etc mods or to crouch dash to keep up.

Wall running is easily the fastest! I used to only wall run when I could take a shortcut or something but once you see you can wall run everywhere and boost off from jumping I've been keeping up with the lokis and ashs in slow frames. So has anyone else seen the light?

I noticed that "sprint + jump + wallrun + jump + crouch + melee (prevents roll)" and repeating can get you anywhere very fast.

(Though it looks very silly for others - Use only when you are far far behind looting containers)

Makes shooting enemies a tad bit hard but on the other hand, the same applies to the enemy.

Edited by Kasamoto

I turned Bloom on once.

Once.

I'm still wondering why developers use bloom at all. It has always looked ugly in every game I've ever played and it only serves to blind players. This is even worse in competitive FPS, where a player with HDR/bloom turned off will have every advantage over a player who has them turned on.

I'm still wondering why developers use bloom at all. It has always looked ugly in every game I've ever played and it only serves to blind players. This is even worse in competitive FPS, where a player with HDR/bloom turned off will have every advantage over a player who has them turned on.

I guess it's nice to have in small measures, but in Warframe it's sometime so blinding that I'd rather keep it off for gameplay sake.

Perhaps they could add a way to specify the amount/intensity of each graphical effect in the options menu *coughsliderscough*

How did this topic turn into bloom?

Apologies, I guess I'm the culprit for that.

Honestly though, wallrunning/walljumping/wallwarping being one of the fastest modes of locomotion with it's own pros and cons is quite a well-known fact, just like Wavedashing/spindash and plain 'ol runnin'.

It's just a matter of personal preference on whether you want to be warped to the end of the galaxy, wear down your buttpads while infini-sliding, or lag behind the team while leggin' it. ;p

speed mods are unnecessary and unnoticeable except in defense missions. (just my opinion) on the other hand, stamina is useless... for me.

Loki with maxed speed and stamina mods is amazing, so amazing that many people mistake it for hacking. Go fast or die slow.

Edited by Reduxe

Because it simulates a real optical effect in the real world. Yes, Warframe does overdo it (along with lens flares) like JJ Abrahms does with his movies, but it happens when light hits any lens. The reason why you may not experience much is because your eyes have amazing lenses, but you also tend to do things like squint if things are bright, or look away. In a camera, you don't have to look away, so the light that shines through will look bright and glowy, have lens flares, etc.

Of course, bloom is the cheap way to make things glow and reflect light, but that's how games rendering is (tricks upon tricks). One day with enough processing power, we can stop using bloom and just use real light illumination that will have glows and real time radiosity, and so on.

I do wish Warframe gave us some options of gradation for the blooms though. I'd have it around 50-75% bloom. Or, and this is also a contentious topic, but they could do things like changing exposure, so that brighter areas will darken and the bloom won't be as intense (it's when you hate it most).

speed mods are unnecessary and unnoticeable except in defense missions. (just my opinion) on the other hand, stamina is useless... for me.

If you don't notice a difference in Rhino/Frost's speed with a speed mod, then you may be going through life without noticing a lot of things. Granted the effect isn't as pronounced as using it on Loki, but still, it's noticeable. Unnecessary? Personal preference. But unnoticeable? How could you.

And to the OP, what happens when the fast frames are all wall flinging too (aka what I do when we're all speed running)? The answer is: you have to be okay with being behind (I'm sometimes leveling a low frame on a speed run).

Edited by gell