Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] New Focus Button mechanics

Wolfdoggie

Please, for the love of god, just separate the swap to operator key from the Focus button. I hate the push/hold mechanic. It is incredibly unresponsive with focus and still triggers when I tap it. To make it worse the operator is extremely buggy right now: I just failed the sortie survival because I hit my Focus and spawned a Tenno who forgot to turn off noclip mode and fell through the floor which then teleported him to the map entrance dead. After reviving I was stuck as an innocent bright eye'd useless Tenno forever and the world ended because my Teammates couldn't handle it alone. ;[ Please, just let me just put the button on Z or something and keep my Focus button as only that. ;-;

I couldn't agree more, there's stuff like this all over the game where the number of different buttons have been restricted. This is presumably to help with console builds, as they don't have that many buttons.

Personally I hate the "hold to cast" system on Ivara's Quiver and Vauban's Minelayer, I find it annoying to have to hold a button for a second in the middle of doing hectic parkour, especially when said button takes a finger off the movement keys, and I also want to be able to spam balls everywhere in true Vauban fashion.

30 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

I hate the push/hold mechanic

16 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

I couldn't agree more

Tried the invert tap/hold option?  Then focus returns to tap and hold brings out tenno.  Not disagreeing or anything just offering an alternate solution as your request isn't exactly going to happen tomorrow.

Personally I don't have a problem hitting 5 and holding for a second versus a quick tap, or vice versa.

4 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Tried the invert tap/hold option?  Then focus returns to tap and hold brings out tenno.  Not disagreeing or anything just offering an alternate solution as your request isn't exactly going to happen tomorrow.

Personally I don't have a problem hitting 5 and holding for a second versus a quick tap, or vice versa.

Either way the setting is I still hate it and want to set it to different keys. I also don't like it on Ivara and Vauban but I don't use it too often. I'd probably set it to scroll wheel if I could.