Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy Missions

Celdor_Losstarot

Question

13 answers to this question

I only ask cause I just did Stolen Dreams quest... it took me more attempts than I'm willing to admit. I was honestly on the verge of uninstalling when i finally finished it but was worried i might have to go through that hell over and over to keep progressing. Nice to hear I wont have to put up with it too much. Thanks.

Sheesh. If you hate the basic versions so much then you'll "love" the more advanced vaults.

Really though. You will not get a lot of forced spy missions. There is one on each planet though so you will find spy missions througout your yourney.  But those only require 1 of 3 vaults to be successful in order to progress.

Spy missions become easier once you've learned the different vault types. Ivara with Infiltrate mod is a winner - you can walk through all lasers, which simplifies a lot of the more tricky vaults. Build yourself some ciphers and make sure they are equipped in your gear slot, then it's easy to quick-solve them all (works for all except sorties / nightmare spy).

5 hours ago, Celthric317 said:

The corpus spy missions on Neptune and Pluto are a delight for me. 

Just you wait until after the Second Dream, then you'll encounter some new spy missions which are completely insane and doesn't make any sense. 

the new spy vaults? Those are pretty easy actually. They have very good stealth paths.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 6:06 PM, Inarticulate said:

Most lasers. There are a few one-off cases that are still not fixed.

Which ones aren't fixed yet?  I would like to know as I haven't run across them yet.  I will admit Infiltrate mod makes the Void so much better.  The Endurance Test was a joke with this mod.  :D

P.S. Sorry OP for the hijack. 

You get better at them as you go along. I used to hate them too but now I don't mind. In fact, when I got to a new node I haven't done before, or if it's a spy sortie, I always set it to solo now. I can't stand people messing it up on me all the time.

You can skip the missions if you really hate them but I would get used to them as there are ones you're going to want to do. Besides clearing the starmap for the free mastery points, sorties have them sometimes. Or you could make sure you get into a full group and just chill while everyone else does the work for you (has a very very very high chance that they will in fact - mess it up and screw the mission too).

On 11/16/2016 at 7:18 PM, Celthric317 said:

The corpus spy missions on Neptune and Pluto are a delight for me. 

Just you wait until after the Second Dream, then you'll encounter some new spy missions which are completely insane and doesn't make any sense. 

They make perfect sense, well except for how tripping alarms in the present somehow starts data destruction in the past.  That makes less sense.  Still really fun.

Kuva vaults aren't quite as well designed, but they're still good.  I especially like the one where you need to activate panels to open the room but you can get down into the wiring and just smash the connections to those panels instead.