Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keeping Mods On Failed Missions.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the forums and I am just here to make a suggestion/state an idea of mine.

Today, I was doing a rescue alert on Eurasia for the first time when I got barrel diffusion for the first time. I had been waiting 2 months for this mod and was over the moon. About 2 minutes later, I was shocked to see the mission failed message on my screen, the hostage must have been killed which I didn't even know could happen. When I got back to them menu, my barrel diffusion was gone.

My suggestion is that if you get a rare mod in a mission and then fail the mission, you keep the rare mod. It would save incredibly frustrating moments like this from happening and I can't see any real downsides to it. Any thoughts?

This post is dedicated to my dear barrel diffusion who was lost in battle, may it rest in peace :'(

You're asking to be rewarded for failure. Not going to happen. I've lost plenty of rare mods, blueprints and materials because of failed missions. You know what I did? Tried a lot harder next time.

What if after-failure stats screen offered to let you "buy" the mods you found back from the failed mission mod disposal pit? Maybe a small plat price? Because I know there have been cases where I would be totally willing to shell out 4-8 plat or so just to keep a single mod after mission failure. Because sometimes you will spend months looking for a mod, and the stupid hostage AI will just decide to spit in your face that day. Or Someone holding a datamass will fall through the world. Or any number of other things.

I can understand your pain. Been playing for months and one of my most coveted mods was tactical pump ever since I got my first shotgun, the strun. I eventually found one around mastery rank 2 and was absolutely elated. Only issue was the particular mission i was going though happened to be glitched, and a door I had to go through to progress was red.

I could tell I had to go that way since I had searched around the map for a good 45 minutes looking for an alternative route. Also behind this particular closed door I could see that the map still went on behind it. I had no choice but to quit the mission and forfeit the mod I had wanted so badly. Took me til mastery rank 4 to actually get it which is absolutely ridiculous considering one of my friends who plays warframe gets em all the time and doesn't think they're so rare.

Problem is, people used to exploit the fact that you kept all of your mods even if you failed the mission. I can certainly understand why you would want it changed, but there are those who just want to ruin it for the rest of us by exploiting little loopholes within the game.

Edited by spidey2092

Man... It does suck when you finally get that rare mod and a mission fail happens. I'm not trying to be jerk here, but really allot of what I'm reading can really be prevented by careful playing... (hostage dying, cryopod, etc.) Of course, there are those situations where you get that dreaded host migration, and there's nothing you can do about that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1fwen5/defense_rewards_updated/

This chart actually works. Now don't go expecting the mod you want on your first run...

I have a few Split Chambers now, each for my favorite primaries... I got them by going to Outer Terminus and Narcissus. they were given out as the mission rewards. Those levels are in fact Tier 3 Corpus Defense missions.

Barrel Diffusion... I got mine on Xini... Which is a Tier 3 Infested Defense mission, like the chart suggests.

I'd rather DE keep it so that you keep mods/rewards if you complete and lose if you fail. Why? Well, each failure that wasn't due to a host migration, etc. was an indicator that either myself or my team needed to revise our tactics/play better.

If credits are the only thing we lose out on from not completing the mission, then lots of people will just go into missions play 1/2 way through and disconnect. If it were the host doing this? You'll then get a nasty host migration and while they get to keep the mods, you and the other team members don't.

interesting proposal i think the buying the mod after fail mission is fair enough ^^ like a price to pay so i think it should be creadit not plantium since other will crying it pay to win. and the creadit to pay for the mod would be reasonable high. if u dont really need it you wouldnt pay for it to lower the exploiting chance.

but the coding for it would be a nightmare ^^ i already feel it. so i dont think even if they attemted to it would be long in the future.

multishot first run xini, one in a million chance

multishot first run xini, one in a million chance

I had that with master thief on Outer Terminus (:

Anyway, no rewards for failing please.

Yea, you have the rare crash or host migration fail, and even

More rare bugs in maps, but you had much more people

Exploiting the way it used to be (kill boss and abort with resource ect.)

People seem to confuse stuff you find with stuff you earn. 

In MMOs, you keep all your drops despite failing a quest.

Don't see why warframe has to be different.

Because this isn't an mmo...

it's actually pretty standard in games like Warframe (multi-player mission based games)

Edited by Bakim0n0

What was exactly the thing that was exploitable before they removed the keeping your mods?

And then a question: Would keeping only Rare mods if a mission fails, be exploitable?

Yes it was exploitable.

Look... I don't know if everyone here in this thread has been here long enough to know... (I know some of you are...) But WE HAVE IT GOOD NOW...

Really we do... It got really good just 2-3 weeks ago. A while back it was only hellfires on xini, outer-terminus, etc. It didn't matter even if you made it to 12000... Yes TWELVE THOUSAND waves... lol.

When it came to endless defense, there was I think a whole week (after the big change) of not keeping mods at all. Meaning if you failed you'd lose all mods even if you went through 25 waves and failed at wave 28. There was an outcry and they implemented a system where they'd save your mods/pickups every 5 waves.

I know there's such a thing as being unlucky, but if you're not getting your mods change up your game and play missions in random places, rather than the same 8-9 farming hotspots. You'd be surprised at what you get once you venture beyond your usual repertoire.

Edited by sushidubya

A mission based game with RPG elements such as drops which you always keep.

Uhhh for one there are mission based games with RPG elements such as drops where you don't keep things if you fail.

Besides that, DE was 110% clear as to exactly why it was changed; they didn't like the massive trend of people just abandoning missions after boss kills, especially because often the host migration that would happen as a result would cause the other players to lose their drops or get disconnected from the game.

wk01it8.png
I have a odd feeling of Déjà vu

You failed. you should get nothing. XP carrying over is even awfully generous I think.

Just why should one get rewarded for failure? Because its... fair? You put time into that failure?

Edited by Firetempest

Uhhh for one there are mission based games with RPG elements such as drops where you don't keep things if you fail.

Besides that, DE was 110% clear as to exactly why it was changed; they didn't like the massive trend of people just abandoning missions after boss kills, especially because often the host migration that would happen as a result would cause the other players to lose their drops or get disconnected from the game.

Then why were mods included if it's just blueprints and resources alone that were causing this. Who farms bosses for mods? Only fools.