Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give more reason to open normal loot crates

kracsusc

They drop ayatan stars now. Also you can stumble upon a rare crate with boosters and forma/fieldron/detonite injector. And when you search for sabotage caches, syndicate medallions or ayatan sculptures you also clean up the crates to see if there's something still marked on your map. You can also find resource caches with something rare, be it an argon crystal, or a neural sensor or something else.

Edited by Suncake

21 minutes ago, Suncake said:

They drop ayatan stars now. Also you can stumble upon a rare crate with boosters and forma/fieldron/detonite injector. And when you search for sabotage caches, syndicate medallions or ayatan sculptures you also clean up the crates to see if there's something still marked on your map. You can also find resource caches with something rare, be it an argon crystal, or a neural sensor or something else.

While ayatan stars are nice, it still doesn't give as much reason to open them all. Especially considering how common they are (after about a week of just normal playing I ended up with over 100 cyan stars somehow). If I see an ayatan star now I just ignore it 'cause I have so many. I'm sure many other players do the same. The small chance to get a rare resource from a normal crate is also ok but, as you said here

21 minutes ago, Suncake said:

you clean up the crates to see if there's something still marked on your map.

To me this can be likened to going through a thick jungle and cutting down the brush in your way to get to wherever. And while it's debatable whether that's ok for the normal crates that spawn everywhere, I don't think it's ok for an entire chunk of raw ferrite or whatever other resource to give me only 54 bits of the stuff. I mean, come on. It's an enormous chunk of the stuff in its natural form. You'd think we'd get more from those than normal enemy drops or whatever but no.

Edited by Keybopsef