Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to make riven mods great!

Lawmonark

Currently riven mods are "luck of the draw". Either you get one for a weapon your love... or for something you will never use.

So these are a few ideas i had last night.

- Treat Riven mods like lenses, You "lock them" into a weapon. Also add a new Slot for them on the weapon... where only Riven mods can go.

-Once the mod is fitted to that weapon, have it gains stats via usage. Of course there would need to be a "max stat buff" it can have. But make it have progression. Brozime had a great idea about "locking in traits".  So the way this can work is... if i have an unveil a Riven mod and it is for my Dread, all the stats are at 0% but it shows what they are. Damage buff, crit chance...ect. I then proceed to roll this mod untill i get the 4 traits i want. Once i get those traits, i lock it onto my dread. All stats are still 0% at this time.  As i use my Dread, gaining xp, killing enemies, the percentages go up. After all is said and done, this Riven mod could be amazing... as long as i used that weapon. In the future this would also help with balance. If Something is "too strong" or "Too weak" the max percentages can be altered for each weapon

-Also there should be a "transmute" feature. Lets say i have 4 Riven mods that i will never use and no one will ever buy. I can take these 4 mods and transmute them into a new mod that is a random weapon BUT not any of the weapons that went into it.

- Another change that should happen, is make that 15 limit different. Possible you can only store 15 unslotted Riven mods.... or increase this number to the amount of Weapon slots the player owns. I have 50 slots.... i should be able to have 50 Riven mods.

Edited by Krhymez

2 hours ago, trunks013 said:

Another post with the brozime video.

It will probably get moved to Fan thingy of concept to avoid self promotion.

Just a quick question have you seen the last dev workshop about the riven mods ?

Some rly good options are comming for those mods ^.^ 

No i have not. Also i was not aware this video has been posted before. Link?

2 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

No i have not. Also i was not aware this video has been posted before. Link?

Oh yeah no problem there you go

There is multiple other post if you want i can search them but you get the idea ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

3 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Oh yeah no problem there you go

There is multiple other post if you want i can search them but you get the idea ^.^ 

I removed the video. Its was mainly to explain the "locking of traits" but if its all over the site already, then no need to post i again.

Also, i was wanting a link to the Dev notes about Riven mods. Thanks.

Not the video thread.

Edited by Krhymez

33 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

I removed the video. Its was mainly to explain the "locking of traits" but if its all over the site already, then no need to post i again.

Also, i was wanting a link to the Dev notes about Riven mods. Thanks.

Not the video thread.

Oh sorry about that ^.^

Thats the uppcomming for the Riven mods.