Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Depth of Field bugged?

aerosoul1337

Depth of Field is supposed to make near / focused objects sharp, and the areas beyond the depth of field appear blurry.

Some new blur effects from TWW affect the entire screen. The only way to get rid of it is disabling Depth of Field. (not motion blur)
Some blur effects are overdid, such as Vauban's Bastille and Vortex. The center of them cause intense blur effects. (Energy color is set to black already... )

6f96NIe.jpg

O47ev5G.jpg

And some effects after TWW update are really overkill (such as taking health damage) . And I never enable motion blur by the way.
And I wonder why certain weapons can cause blur effect when you random or reset their colors. This is Zarr for example.

b533hk.jpg

The new blur effect really gives me a headache. Not just abilities, sometimes I don't even know what triggers the intense blur effects, they are just everywhere during a fight.
If it's not a bug, please let us have a separated option to disable it (without sacrificing Depth of Field).

Edited by aerosoul1337

Currently I disable Depth of field, and then I found something weird.

In the following pictures you can see the Loki's helmet is a bit fuzzy when using default camera angle (DoF off):

yc09Lh1.jpg

But when I reverse the camera, it becomes normal (DoF is still off):

I5ZGWLb.jpg

Edited by aerosoul1337

On 2016/11/18 at 11:14 AM, aerosoul1337 said:

Currently I disable Depth of field, and then I found something weird.

In the following pictures you can see the Loki's helmet is a bit fuzzy when using default camera angle (DoF off):

But when I reverse the camera, it becomes normal (DoF is still off):

I found that Temporal AA doesn't seem to work properly without enabling Depth of Field. But if you enable Depth of Field and disable it again it seems to be better.

FXAA and SMAA do not have this issue.

Please check full comparison in fullscreen:
http://imgur.com/a/akzPN

Edited by aerosoul1337

I love to see clear pictures in games not blurry ones so in every game if there is a option i turn OFF all blur effects and  Depth of Field  effects, its not a movie its a video game we dont need such effects in and dont start me on the Chrmatic Aberation (warframe does not have it) this is the true evil for me.

Just now, Fugana said:

I love to see clear pictures in games not blurry ones so in every game if there is a option i turn OFF all blur effects and  Depth of Field  effects, its not a movie its a video game we dont need such effects in and dont start me on the Chrmatic Aberation (warframe does not have it) this is the true evil for me.

Yep, but in warframe, depth of field used to make near objects sharper, and the areas beyond the depth of field appear smooth (not really very blurry).

And now TXAA is broken :/

Im using AMD setup and i dont have the TXAA option (some games actually allows me to use it) time ago i posted similar topic and other ppls reposned with similar problems, for example in some places the aniostropic filtering is not working as it sould be : \ 

The game is still beta and i know in the final release we will have expanded options for various settings. 

Hi aerosoul1337, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and providing us with these detailed screenshots. Unfortunately we have been having a difficult time reproducing this issue on our machines, so in the meantime could you please try to Verify / Optimize your Download Cache? That way we can at least rule this out as somehow being the result of a problem with your Warframe installation.

0DqGyS6.png

We also recommend that you make sure you are using the latest GPU drivers (ideally the 375.95 WHQL). 

If after all of this you still experience these blurry visual effects then please send us a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log and we can take a closer look. 
Your EE.log can be found here, and you can submit a support ticket here.

6 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi aerosoul1337, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and providing us with these detailed screenshots. Unfortunately we have been having a difficult time reproducing this issue on our machines, so in the meantime could you please try to Verify / Optimize your Download Cache? That way we can at least rule this out as somehow being the result of a problem with your Warframe installation.

0DqGyS6.png

We also recommend that you make sure you are using the latest GPU drivers (ideally the 375.95 WHQL). 

If after all of this you still experience these blurry visual effects then please send us a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log and we can take a closer look. 
Your EE.log can be found here, and you can submit a support ticket here.

Hello, Verify / Optimize doesn't help.

So it is not intended and you can't even reproduce the blur when you move to the center of Bastille? I heard that a lot of people have this issue right after the war within.

And generally we should avoid updating the latest GPU drivers, shouldn't we?
So warframe only supports the newest driver with each update now? :O

There are a lot of reports that the latest drivers (375.* ) cause fps drop for warframe, and even other games.

Edited by aerosoul1337

1 hour ago, aerosoul1337 said:

Warframe does not only support the latest drivers, but updating them helps us rule out drivers as a potential culprit for the problem you are experiencing. At the moment we do not have any reason to believe that you should experience performance issues that are specific to the 375.95 WHQL drivers. If anyone does happen to come across any performance issues specific to those exact drivers then they should absolutely notify us about it.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

11 hours ago, aerosoul1337 said:

Hello, Verify / Optimize doesn't help.

So it is not intended and you can't even reproduce the blur when you move to the center of Bastille? I heard that a lot of people have this issue right after the war within.

There are a lot of reports that the latest drivers (375.* ) cause fps drop for warframe, and even other games.

I also got the 375.95 drivers and i got frame drops (below 20 fps) , before the update a 60 fps average

Edited by PPPokeHerFace