Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within – The Golden Maw

JohnnyQuantum

I am stuck in this part of the quest and so cannot progress. I can accept this in the respect that if I don’t complete the quest I don’t have access to the new content, systems etc. and therefore only have access to the old content.  But the problem is that I cannot go back and play the old content – so the game is now in an unplayable state.  I have never come across this situation in any other game- surely this cannot be the intent?

The part you have to outrun them?

If so, keep moving to the nearest rock to your location, sometimes running not enough so jump to make it.

The part after you unlock your Void powers (Void Dash)?

Enter the cloak then move as close to any rock to you then Dash to it, make sure the rock leads forward not any side, also you may need to fiddle with brightness since this place is pitch black :<

The Part where you have to stun a Maw?

Walk forward and when it appears press E to stun it, sometimes it flies above you so keep an eye on where it goes to stun it again, then attack it with your beam.

The part where you have to control it?

Just stand next to it then press 5.

The part after you control the Maw?

Wait for the game to show you what buttons does what (I changed mine so I won't be much of help here)

1 hour ago, JohnnyQuantum said:

I am stuck in this part of the quest and so cannot progress. I can accept this in the respect that if I don’t complete the quest I don’t have access to the new content, systems etc. and therefore only have access to the old content.  But the problem is that I cannot go back and play the old content – so the game is now in an unplayable state.  I have never come across this situation in any other game- surely this cannot be the intent?

I am fairly sure you are stuck at the first part.
I got stuck there for over an hour, I didn't know it was possible to run.
I suggest to reset your binds, due to some reason I coudln't use my own keybind to run and I had to reset them.
Just keep trying by running and jumping from a rock to another.
The second part is fairly easy, Jump and use Void Dash as many times as you can and try to reach out a rock, wait until your powers are ready and Void Dash again to the end of the stage.
The last part is even easier, press 5 to get in Tenno mode, use melee bind (normally E) to stun him when he gets near you and then press 5 again to control it.

Make sure you remember you remember you can sprint, stand on the dark rocks free of bones (even small ones), there's a cave to the left near the start, and wait patiently for the Maw to go to the other side of the room before you sprint across. Took me a long time but when I figured out I could sprint it wasn't hard.

2 hours ago, JohnnyQuantum said:

But would describe the experience as more frustrating than fun!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt like that. It seemed to me like I was playing one of those old platform games where I need to try a jump a dozen times in order to get it right. It felt really distant from what Warframe should convey.

I understand that it was for tutorial purposes, but even though Vor's Prize was a tutorial too, I remember it as a much more enjoyable experience: I was far from being a good player when I started to play Warframe (not that I'm great now...) but I've never been punished for that during the tutorial missions. I would expect a tutorial to be the first step to mastery, then we can have special missions/rooms that require advanced capabilities (and maybe reward people for that) later. The Golden Maw in TWW was like using the drift challenges on Lua as tutorials for parkour.