Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where do you see Warframe going? (Fan Brainstorm)

Iccotak

Before We Start
Originally I had started a long thread that talked about publishers, game development, fan funded projects, fan community, etc. Unfortunately there was a lot of misunderstanding which was partly my fault so long arguments took suit in the forum (also my bad) and derailed the post. 

So with that said, I would like to start fresh and ask the community a few questions.

Since we are not just the PC players here I would ask that we refrain from talking about "The War Within" or that you put a Spoiler warning in your comment.

-On To The Topic-

Having played Warframe for the past 3 years I definietly think that this game beats many "triple A titles" not only in addictive gameplay but also in content and uniqueness. However, I also think that there are still many things that the developers could do to improve the game. I would like to hear from the fan community about what they would like to see within the next couple of years. 
NOTE: Do not consider if it is possible for Digital Extremes to do your idea, just if it is something you think would help the game.

In the Fan Concepts I found too many topics discussing Frame concepts and nothing really discussing world building or how to fill things in.

Questions to start off with
1. What areas of the game do you want to see touched up?

2. What Mechanics would you like to see added to the game?

3. What Mechanics would you like to see expanded upon?

4. What kind of tile sets would you like to see? 

5. What are you excited for in Warframe?

6.  Is there anything you find Warframe lacking?

7. What do you define as a finished product?

8. In your opinion, what would make Warframe a Finished Product?

The only tileset i ever wanted is some kind of a city or megapolis. Like corpus tilesets on saturn, but less... empty.

I think what Warframe truly lacks is attention to details, the neatnes. Like Dark Souls games. Weapons dealing damage types based on the nature of the attack for example and how the weapon looks. Slasy deals slash, thrust deals puncture, etc.

A lot of things in the game feel forgoten. Melee stances for example: they are a great way to add divercity. 1 weapon + 3 stances = almost like having 3 unique weapons. Stances like Tempo Royale, Blind Justice, Gaia's Tragedy, Vengeful Revenant are amazing because they make the same weapon act differently.

Yet there are weapon types that don't have that (yet). Hammers, Polearms, Staffs, Whips, Daggers...

Certain old stances have 1 combo move and that's it. Feels unfinished.

Certain weapon types are forgoten. Machetes, sparing weapons... Yes we got Gazal recently but in my opinion it's not enough.

More unique finisher animations, perhaps based on stances. Blind Justice stance, for example, changes backstab animation. We need more of that.

Warframe is a great game with a lot of content, but sometimes DE needs to pay attention to old and dusty instead of pumping out new content.

To the last question - i think Warframe IS finished. People actively play and pay for it and that's all that matters. Everything else is just the game evolving and growing, not becoming "finished".

I believe the BETA thing is either a joke or has some legal things going on behind it, like allowing devs to change anything at any time.

Musta missed my section for content(coughcoughavertyoureyeswhileyoustillcancoughcough). Jokes aside, I feel that we might be missing a tiny portion of the world by not actually getting to see the colonies who we so vehemently (directly or indirectly) defend the independence of all the time. It could simply be a view of space, something in the background,  anything, just a tiny peep into the world which we defend.

Tilesetwise, the humble commmunity brought two to my attention I might someday create. 1) Eris' surface as a heavily assimilated set of Corpussian Outposts and 2) Some of the other biomes of good old holy terra, deserts, hyper-overgrown ruins of pre-G-G disaster cities (hardly recognizable), the works.

Finally, as for a "finished" product? I fear for that day with every fiber of my being, for that is the day I may see my inhabitance of this reality terminated. For my decidedly primitive outlook, completion is equitable to stagnation and stagnation leads to game die-off in the manner of the more standard game releases. For me, completion is when the updates no longer come to us in open arms, when bug fixing is no longer a truely iterative process, but, rather, in over-priced chunks who's glitches and defects are almost never solved by the company in question.

Edited by Unus

Currently? They have me on tenderhooks for whatever the next step in the story is! If were talking standard quality improvements though, then connection connection CONNECTION! I R is SICK of the loss of synchronization with other players that I bump into on a constant basis.