Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Remove The Login Reward Reel... Just Give Us The Reward And Be Done With It.

Kahruvel

The log-in reel should simply give us an item. No spinning random images, just the drop we're supposed to get. The random item card images are just that: Images. If we can't stop the wheel ourselves, just grant us a login reward.

It makes no sense to show a truckload of good items and then drop 2400 weapon XP on us for a weapon we already have maxed out, or a pinch of credits in an already inflated endgame economy, or a marketplace BP that would've cost us next to nothing. Seeing items we can't have doesn't get our hopes up. It taunts us needlessly and sows extreme disappointment.

Cruel until you get something useful.

The other day I got a 50% platinum discount. That was cool.

I posted this the day I got a Catalyst. My point still stands. It doesn't matter what your end result is, the reel is a lie.

Yes, remove that damn spin images, they do nothing but tease. I got spining reactors, catalysts and formas, but in the end I get exp, cred or plat discount.

Edited by Unibot

The only problem I see in allowing the re-roll for a login reward such as item exp for a maxed out item is, if you already have the 4 (warframe, 3 weaps) maxed out, it'll give you better chances to obtain stuff rather than people who don't have maxed out items that are being used so unfortunately I highly doubt this would be allowed.

A helpful alternative can be that it'll give exp to an item that isn't maxed out that is in inventory and doesn't have to be equipped and will be rewarded randomly to a specific item category so it won't go to waste on a maxed out, equipped weapon/warframe!

Edited by jaybayblay

You guys still haven't figured out that this is a tactic to make you spend money?

Yes, but it's so thinly veiled. Any assumption that players aren't bright is a dangerous one.

It's like those games in arcades that give you tickets, the one with the spinning lights where you have to stop it at the right moment to get a ticket reward. I have always had amazing reflexes, both then and now. Nearly every time I stopped the sequence when the Jackpot light lit up, the light would flicker on, and then the light would jump backwards to the one before it. I could never prove it.

That was one of the most infuriating things of my childhood, and that's exactly how I feel with this issue. If we can't stop the wheel when it's spinning, we're just being duped, teased, and taunted. The reel should simply give us a reward and let us move on. It's not really a gambling issue because there's no control - not even an illusion of control. It just shows you a lot of pictures.