Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Dead, got PS4

Brizzled

Question

Does anyone know how I can take my PC warframe account and put it on my new PS4?

My PC conked out years ago but I played Warframe a lot and had stuff that I grinded a lot for... would prefer not to have to grind all that back as it took me a while to get it all done.

Must be possible surely?

12 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

But you decided to downgrade to console peasant from pc masterrace... I dont get why anyone would buy an aging console over a new pc but whatever waggles your willy :smile: 

Not everyone has the income to buy stock in the "PC MasterRace"... 1,000$ to 2,000$ for a decent PC config, but only 300$ for a PS4.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Pretty sure they ran PC to console once, there have been requests for it again for the LONGEST time.  They speak about it every few dev streams and is always the same sort of answer "maybe in the future".   That being said I have been playing for over a year and a half and there has not been any account transfer options during that time.

Personally I would have looked at what was dead in the PC and tried to replace that, if you had a pc that could run warframe all you need to do is keep it running, upgrading one part at a time when you have the required resources.  Main reason I came to PC from PS4, if something goes wrong with my pc I can just replace the part and as long as the part that is rooted is NOT the gpu it will be cheaper than a console.

2 hours ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Not everyone has the income to buy stock in the "PC MasterRace"... 1,000$ to 2,000$ for a decent PC config, but only 300$ for a PS4.

600$ PCs already outclass the ps4 so unless you plan on not buying any games (and thus saving tons of money on PC) PC is cheaper in the long run. Especially since new Console models are on the horizon meaning that the amount of new games coming out is very finite too... As implied, there are a few scenarios where going with an old console over a new PC is cheaper, but those are far in between and should be looked into carefully, especially if you stand to lose all your investments into a game like Warframe (both time and money).

not just 600$ pcs

Theres many youtube vids and helpful tuts for how to build a pc as powerful or more so than a console for around 300$ or cheaper. It is legit, it is easy, and boils down to a few steps.

1) buy an older working full atx pc, ebay can work, but probly cheaper to buy local and pick up, basically your only looking at 4 things when getting this pc. The case (make sure big enough to fit graphics card), the hard drive (make sure big enough for games and everything, might buy a used on online run about 20-50$), ram (you need at least 4gig, but want 8, ddr3), and the most important the CPU (go for something with at least 2 cores and above 2.5 ghz, more ghz better).

2)Then you just go off, but a good cheap graphics card (best bang for buck is usually amd), buy a PSU depending on the graphics card and CPU you might want something higher but around 450w would be good enough in most cases, go for a good brand, corsair and evga tend to be good and cheap (theres a evga 430w going for 30$ with 20$ mail in rebate making it only 10$ right now!).

TL:DR

You can buy and build very easily a cheap 300$ or less desktop computer than can play all the latest games better than console while also having an upgrade path.

Edited by arolust

I'm in a very similar situation, my pc hasn't been able to handle Warframe properly anymore since around the update that introduced the codex and more complex tilesets, so I've been away since then, just occasionally updating to see what's new without being able to play. 

I've decided to finally get a PS4 (not for warframe obviously) and thought being able to play Warframe again was quite a nice bonus, because I was thinking they would be having another migration at one point.. Oh boy apparently from what I can see here I was wrong, now there's no way I won't be playing anyway but obviously not spending any money when I already have an account where money has been spent on (hell I still have some plats left on it), along with quite a lot of efforts put into it.

Good luck OP, hopefully we get lucky and Sony decide to play nice leading to a second migration period.

Edited by Pocketmonster