Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Dash issue..

Malevento

Question

Ok so, I cannot reliably void dash it's twitchy and unpredictable. During the quest it was fine at the introduction of the power, then when navigating it started to not respond with me mostly jumping. I am using a gamepad a Belkin N52te. I can bullet jump all day long and since it's the same keypress combo it should work, I've tried changing keys and even in desperation creating a macro but void dash just seems like it doesn't want to work 90% of the time. This is really frustrating since for kuva farming it's mandatory to deal with the guards.

10 answers to this question

This might sound like a bit of a no-brainer, but are you sure you have enough energy to perform a void jump?

Operators have a tiny, tiny Energy pool (indicated by how strong your crosshair's golden glow is); and void jumping eats up more energy than any other Operator ability. You'll be able to perform 3 in a row before your energy is depleted.

Edited by SortaRandom

Another no-brainer, but did the unresponsiveness happen to occur during a low-energy sortie? Since those straight-up leave you with too little energy to perform a single void dash?

If that's not the case, then I'm stumped. Try resetting your controls to default and see if that helps.

void dash and bullet jump don't have the same timing. bullet jump has a much larger input window, while void dash is VERY tight. I think the jump needs to happen after the duck for void dash, while bullet jump also accepts both at the same time.

it's a ridiculous issue that DE needs to fix.

No it wasn't a low energy mission, it was a simple exterminate on sedna which I double checked and restarted multiple times trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and 3 hours later after re-configuring keys and trying multiple macros to see if I could figure out what was wrong with my timing I came to the conclusion it was more about how the ability is designed than what I'm doing. It's extraordinarily finicky, almost no margin for error on the input. It needs tweaking in a big way, it honestly should be the same as bullet jump so that it's smooth and responsive.

3 hours ago, pauli133 said:

void dash and bullet jump don't have the same timing. bullet jump has a much larger input window, while void dash is VERY tight. I think the jump needs to happen after the duck for void dash, while bullet jump also accepts both at the same time.

it's a ridiculous issue that DE needs to fix.

Never experienced this.

I've been able to voidwalk around in circles for several seconds before Void Dashing the same way I'd activate a bullet jump; there's no timing component involved whatsoever. At least, not on my end.

Edited by SortaRandom

1 minute ago, SortaRandom said:

Never experienced this.

I've been able to voidwalk around in circles for several seconds before Void Dashing the same way I'd activate a bullet jump; there's no timing component involved whatsoever.

For me, this is not how it works at all. I must hit my keyboard ctrl+jump perfectly in time for void shift to happen. Otherwise I just jump up and down like an idiot while in voidwalk.

1 minute ago, Malevento said:

For me, this is not how it works at all. I must hit my keyboard ctrl+jump perfectly in time for void shift to happen. Otherwise I just jump up and down like an idiot while in voidwalk.

That's super weird. You and Pauli133 seem to have some sort of timing component involved for your void dashes, but on my end it's just been a super-simple "if Crouch is being held when you Jump, then you will perform a BJ/VD". Pauli133 even made it sound like there was some sort of timing window (however large) for bullet jumps, which I have literally never even heard of (let alone experienced) over the past year and a half of Parkour 2.0.

Maybe try posting in the bug report section?

1 minute ago, SortaRandom said:

That's super weird. You and Pauli133 seem to have some sort of timing component involved for your void dashes, but on my end it's just been a super-simple "if Crouch is being held when you Jump, then you will perform a BJ/VD". Pauli133 even made it sound like there was some sort of timing window (however large) for bullet jumps, which I have literally never even heard of (let alone experienced) over the past year and a half of Parkour 2.0.

Maybe try posting in the bug report section?

For bullet jump there's no issue, I can seamlessly bullet jump at any time from the floor or wall or mid slide. When playing with my friend he says my movement skills are ridiculous. But with Void dash which I thought would be the same as bullet jump, it's beyond frustrating. I posted here first to also see if anyone else had this or found a reason why it's twitchy, I'll post in bugs now since I looked and couldn't find a topic on this.