Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spoiler question on Orokin longevity

(PSN)obsidiancurse

I had the idea that the Continuity was not about extending the Orokin lifespan, but to enhance their beauty. During The War Within quest the Queen says:

Long enough have I lived in these ugly Grineer bodies, I need new flesh... I deserve new flesh! YOURS! Guards! Kill this Warframe and bring me my new skin!

This suggests that the Queen has utilized the flawed Grineer cloning tech to survive all these years instead of the far advanced and better Orokin creations. The Orokin were obsessed with being beautiful and flawless and so they rounded up all the young and exotic into the Yuvan theaters, hijacking their minds to make themselves more beautiful. 

You also have to keep in mind that Darvo is seemingly just a normal human and still several hundred years old. Even moreso he's not even considered an adult by his father Frohd Bek.

Basically what the above guys said.  You also have to keep in mind that this is the OROKIN we're talking here.  Knowing them, they probably had a means of making flesh last a very long time.

Or Teshin's a cyborg.  Wouldn't surprise me.

2 minutes ago, NikodemosTheMan said:

I had the idea that the Continuity was not about extending the Orokin lifespan, but to enhance their beauty. During The War Within quest the Queen says:

This suggests that the Queen has utilized the flawed Grineer cloning tech to survive all these years instead of the far advanced and better Orokin creations. The Orokin were obsessed with being beautiful and flawless and so they rounded up all the young and exotic into the Yuvan theaters, hijacking their minds to make themselves more beautiful. 

You also have to keep in mind that Darvo is seemingly just a normal human and still several hundred years old. Even moreso he's not even considered an adult by his father Frohd Bek.

Yes but why would the queens have to transfer their minds into Grineer bodies in the first place if their original Orokin bodies lived as long as teshins? In fact, logically, why, even if their original bodies were failing for some reason transfer into the flawed Grineer flesh? Just kidnap some civilians or Corpus.

7 minutes ago, NikodemosTheMan said:

keep in mind that Darvo is seemingly just a normal human and still several hundred years old

700 years old ...and talks about himself like he just turned 18

"you cant tell me what to do ..i'm practically an adult"

on the other hand ....when you listen to the lore ordis gives you (slams down your throat more like)  when "he" the beast of bones or what ever he was called, killed all of the orokin councel ...and within seconds they appeared on the balcony's above mocking him.. this to me does not seem like the "method" the twins use, mostly because ordis does not describe them as ..well ...different.

body snatching would mean a different look each time, unless they are shape shifter's then i cant really say.

Just now, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Yes but why would the queens have to transfer their minds into Grineer bodies in the first place if their original Orokin bodies lived as long as teshins? In fact, logically, why, even if their original bodies were failing for some reason transfer into the flawed Grineer flesh? Just kidnap some civilians or Corpus.

The point of the Continuity is still about improvement. Orokin the prideful creatures they are may not accept any less than something with absolute perfection or beauty so any ol' colonist may not be good enough for them. The Tenno Operators are persumably the last surviving Orokin in the entire solar system with the unimaginable power of the Void harnessed, it could also be that the Continuity only works for a special select people and regular colonists and Corpus can not accept Continuity.

As for your first point, who knows? Perhaps their bodies were damaged and they were forced to accept Grineer clones as a substitute.

20 minutes ago, NikodemosTheMan said:

No, Continuity is about extending their lifespan by using a new body. Teshin basically says this and the Queen's dialog suggest this as well. Looks are important, but it is secondary to the objective.

The keywords in Teshin's dialog would be "withering and coughing", those suggest they are in their final days and are seeking a replacement vessel to continue living.

Her quote merely suggests that she is tired of using Grineer bodies as her Yuvan. Nothing more, nothing less. The way i imagine it, she would rather continue using the female Grineer bodies, that possibly originate from the Orokin Bilsa, than to go grab a body from a useless Corpus person of no Orokin descent. Keep in mind that genetic interlocks exist on technology in Warframe. This is why you can't just steal a weapon from a Grineer to use it freely and vice versa. Having Orokin DNA, even if it's degraded heavily, would probably be much better for accessing tech. The Tenno's connection to the Void coupled with their previous status(assumed to be rather decent, based on item descriptions) in the Orokin Empire would have power and a good amount of clearance, making it a perfect Yuvan.

the orokin were absolute masters of dna modification. you cant change the dna of every cell to make it younger or control every single dna mutation (on the scale of millions of cells with trillions of divisions its just not feasible) but you can start with a newborn and make sure certain desirable traits exist like long life and fairness. undboutedly the orokin had made it so humans live extremely long lives and ageing was slowed to a bare minimum but not stopped. eventually though age does set in, cancer happens, and beauty decreses. To combat this they would transfer them selves into new younger bodies.

as for tenshin? hes basically a slave to the orokin, he was given incredible power and longevity at the cost of never being able to disobey anyone who wields the scepter.

that's my theory anyway

sources:

Spoiler

simaris scans show that the orokin created grineer clones as workers and actively manipulated their dna and genes to make them the best workers. Tenshin tells you what he is and why he cant disobey.

Kuva on its own seems to give the Orokin a sense of immortality and even healing factor and regeneration, going off whats specified in Cephalon Fragments. I think a body can only withstand this for so long before Orokin eventually have to switch bodies though. We don't know how Dax are made, we have to wait for more lore reveal about them. Its also possible that the queens lost the research for creating Dax, they don't seem to be absolutely knowledgeable about all Orokin technolgy, given how the Corpus are light years ahead of them in the technology department.

Edited by UrielColtan