Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it just me or are headshots really wonky? -Riven-

IceFlame1019

Question

Some people tell me I have the easiest Riven unlock, but for some reason I'm having the hardest time with it compared to other challenges I've faced in Warframe.

"3 headshots in a single aim glide"

So...yeah.  Why is it when I hit enemies in the head, and kill them, it's not counting?  Five red-crit "headshots" in a row with my Dex Sybaris and the Riven counter at the bottom only counted one.  Kept trying, lots of white numbers despite being a clean shot to the face, no counts to headshots.

However, on the ground, I can get headshots left and right.  I can understand a potential loss of accuracy while aimgliding, but...Argon Scope shouldn't be activating nearly as often as it was earlier during that five-headshot spree I had, if these aren't true headshots, should it?  I've had no luck with Soma Prime or other rifles either, Dex Sybaris was the only one so far that got above 0 in the Riven display.

9 answers to this question

I can only assume that bullet accuracy isn't exactly pinpoint, so it might stray to the side and hit the shoulders or torso. Some Grineer targets make it worse with having bulky shoulders and tiny heads.

Try using a bit of CC before attempting the challenge. Vauban's Bastille, Frost's Avalanche and Ivara's Sleep Arrow come to mind. Also, try bringing a weapon with a zoom mod or a sniper rifle. Magnifying the size of the head can help, too.

Oh, and Patagium helps a ton.

Edited by Stefe

Mmmm...I was trying to solo it with Zephyr's floaty addition to hangtime in the air but I suppose Sleep Arrow would help.  Maybe I should test this with the Tysis for a bit and make sure the headshots I'm getting are actual headshots and not just random crits.  But still.  I'm a bit frustrated that I'm having so much trouble with this seemingly trivial unlock requirement, especially after seeing others like "4 headshots in a single Aimglide with a Hobbled key equipped" or something else gruesomely difficult.

Edited by IceFlame1019

Here's a REALLY easy way to do the challenge.

1. Use the Zenurik skill tree with ONLY Void Pulse + Void Pulse Mastery selected (so you can frequently use the power.

2. Bring Disarm Loki with 250 range.

3. Go to Corpus Defense on Tessera, Venus (Corpus heads are bigger).

4. Go on top of one of the beams next to the defense target and keep spamming 4. Make sure to kill Moas / Ospreys. Let the Corpus dudes gather around the pod. 

5. When you have about 5-10 dudes wacking the pod, use Zenurik to hang them.

6. Aim glide and spam Soma P (build for high fire rate, crit, and magazine size) into their heads.

Edited by CherryPauper

2 hours ago, Voidforged said:

I personally haven't noticed any variance between standing and gliding headshots. 

Video below shows another way to deal with this challenge. 

Hmmm...I'll have to see if I can get any success with this myself.  I tried again tonight and got six "headshots" in a row as Ivara but again it only counted 1. 
It's funny, I was actually wondering if this would work but was too tired to bother myself to do it ^^; but good to know it's a very viable solution

7 hours ago, CherryPauper said:

Here's a REALLY easy way to do the challenge.

1. Use the Zenurik skill tree with ONLY Void Pulse + Void Pulse Mastery selected (so you can frequently use the power.

2. Bring Disarm Loki with 250 range.

3. Go to Corpus Defense on Tessera, Venus (Corpus heads are bigger).

4. Go on top of one of the beams next to the defense target and keep spamming 4. Make sure to kill Moas / Ospreys. Let the Corpus dudes gather around the pod. 

5. When you have about 5-10 dudes wacking the pod, use Zenurik to hang them.

6. Aim glide and spam Soma P (build for high fire rate, crit, and magazine size) into their heads.

Easy only if you already have Zenurik and the range mods, which I don't, lol.  Nor the time to grind the Focus @_@ I need a few more Corrupted Mods for power range but they just won't drop.  Can't find plat buyers for my Prime stuff either to buy the mods with plat.

However, that sounds like a Loki Disarm + Vauban Bastille tactic as well for those without Zenurik.

On 22.11.2016 at 8:04 AM, Voidforged said:

I personally haven't noticed any variance between standing and gliding headshots. 

God bless you. Was trying to do it a few days.

Yeah, I'm calling BS on this Aimglide Headshot stuff.

I spent quite a while trying to get this, using the Zephyr and air vent method shown in the video, and I got headshots, but the Riven mod won't count them.  I'm assuming the purple display only pops up in the event of a headshot being scored, but every time it pops up now, it will only ever show 0/3, while the mission readout upon completion will give an actual number.

Also, did a Sortie today...and got a duplicate, but you can't equip two Rivens on a weapon even if they're Veiled.  Veiled mods should be multi-equippable, because with how wonky the headshots are right now, I'm not going through this crap twice to unlock these duplicates.

Edited by IceFlame1019

On 22.11.2016 at 9:04 AM, Voidforged said:

Omg! Thank you so much haha:D Been trying dat chalenge in any possible (and sometimes not possible) ways, but succeded only with your tip :D  Got ignis riven :3