Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does one become a Guide of the Lotus?

TheDudeCZ

So recently I was feeling kinda burnt out and found myself having nothing to do so....

How do I become a GotL? That's guide of the lotus if you don't know.

I wanna help some new people and I have done so when I was bored in the past as well, but now when I can do it "profesinally," I wanna check it out.

5 minutes ago, TheDudeCZ said:

So recently I was feeling kinda burnt out and found myself having nothing to do so....

How do I become a GotL? That's guide of the lotus if you don't know.

I wanna help some new people and I have done so when I was bored in the past as well, but now when I can do it "profesinally," I wanna check it out.

From saw I can tell it's more than just helping new people. It's having to put up with a tedious stream of wiki-able questions, sometimes you'll see the same thing hundreds of times a day, like where can I farm X, where is Baro, etc.

You'll have to put up with harassment, insults and abuse as well as bad memers and :poop:posters, so it's not for soft or sensitive people.

Really, things like being a guide ingame... or just being a moderator on a forum should have an episode on Mike Rowe's Dirty Jobs on discovery, because you have to put up with the filth of the internet frequently

Think this through, OP, but good luck!

3 minutes ago, Separius said:

From saw I can tell it's more than just helping new people. It's having to put up with a tedious stream of wiki-able questions, sometimes you'll see the same thing hundreds of times a day, like where can I farm X, where is Baro, etc.

You'll have to put up with harassment, insults and abuse as well as bad memers and :poop:posters, so it's not for soft or sensitive people.

Really, things like being a guide ingame... or just being a moderator on a forum should have an episode on Mike Rowe's Dirty Jobs on discovery, because you have to put up with the filth of the internet frequently

Think this through, OP, but good luck!

Well if they harras me, I can block them. And I don't really mind answering a lot of the same questions.

3 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Each iteration of GoTL asks for different qualifications. I believe the first iteration was very bare bones, but the second one was looking for multi-lingual individuals. Make sure you're squared away in every section if you're trying to be a Guide. Not really a "i'm bored so i wanna do this" kind of thing.

Just checked the GotL FaQ and I fulfill all the requrements.