Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transference Companions

Krion112

An intriguing premise came to me; talk of the Golden Maw returning and the prospect of Transference introduces an interesting concept. What if we had Companions specifically designed to be outlets for transference?

Ie, in place of Kubrows, Kavats, or Sentinels, you could equip a Golden Maw, or possibly even a Zanuka, which can be possessed by means of Transference to utilize its unique abilities and attacks. This does not replace the Warframe; much like the Operator, it is merely an extension of your existing abilities, and it would carry with it its own strengths and weaknesses compared to other companion types.

This allows the Golden Maw's existing mechanics and code to be recycled, gives us another tool by which to play the way we wish through a mission, with its own trade-offs to our existing tools, and provides more justification for the Transference lore point.

Plus, I've always wanted either a Zanuka or Hyena pet, and I feel like this would be an excellent way to handle it, especially considering Zanukas are constructed from Warframe parts.

A Simple idea, I know, but let me know what you think.

23 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Volt + Paracyst + Orvius + Zanuka, could easily roleplay as Alad V

Especially if Volt's wearing Alad V's robes.

22 hours ago, Kyryo said:

The thing we did to the golden maw is the same thing we did with the warframes in the past 3 years.

Yes, but that's not really the point. Like I said, it's not a replacement for our Warframes, it's an extension of them by utilizing Transference as a means to manually utilize additional weapons and abilities, at the expense of having the autonomous support of Sentinels or Pets.