Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Trinity build?

(XBOX)Knight Raime

Question

Looking to get into her for the first time.  i'm MR9 at the moment.  Please try to avoid recommending me a build that requires me to forma.  I have forma.  Just haven't done that yet with any warframe.  I want basically a good starting spot that will work for all of the planets sans the arena of grineer and void.  Weapons you'd recommend would be nice as well.  thanks!

EDIT: also I only have one primed mod.  cont.  I still need to get my hands on transient fortitude as well.  and please avoid the exhalus slot/ syndicate mods.  

Edited by (XB1)Knight Raime

15 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Looking to get into her for the first time.  i'm MR9 at the moment.  Please try to avoid recommending me a build that requires me to forma.  I have forma.  Just haven't done that yet with any warframe.  I want basically a good starting spot that will work for all of the planets sans the arena of grineer and void.  Weapons you'd recommend would be nice as well.  thanks!

EDIT: also I only have one primed mod.  cont.  I still need to get my hands on transient fortitude as well.  and please avoid the exhalus slot/ syndicate mods.  

General build:
Energy Vampire (the one that gives energy): lowest duration possible (use Transient Fortitude and Fleeting Expertise), decent strength, decent range.
Blessing (the one that gives you damage reduction): highest duration possible (Narrow Minded + Constituion + [Primed] Continuity), high range, at least 180% strength.

Efficiency is not really useful cause you can charge your energy with "Energy Vampire" on any build.

1 hour ago, Prepotenza said:

General build:
Energy Vampire (the one that gives energy): lowest duration possible (use Transient Fortitude and Fleeting Expertise), decent strength, decent range.
Blessing (the one that gives you damage reduction): highest duration possible (Narrow Minded + Constituion + [Primed] Continuity), high range, at least 180% strength.

Efficiency is not really useful cause you can charge your energy with "Energy Vampire" on any build.

slightly confused here. are you recommending both an EV build and a blessing build?  Also could you perhaps spare me a small explanation on how EV works?  I know it's a single target that gets suspended.  I just don't quite get how it gives people energy.  like the interaction with it.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

how low would you recommend I can go with strength?

Depends on your efficiency, just keep enough strength, so your Energy Vampire will give more energy than it needs. I will try to make a build when I get home.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

slightly confused here. are you recommending both an EV build and a blessing build?  Also could you perhaps spare me a small explanation on how EV works?  I know it's a single target that gets suspended.  I just don't quite get how it gives people energy.  like the interaction with it.

Those are different builds generally used by players, mostly in raids or other tough situations.

You cast EV on an enemy and they emit energy pulses, each replenishing a bit of energy for everyone within its radius. Minimum duration allows you to get all 6 pulses within a second. If your duration is 100%+, then you can just kill that enemy to get all the energy at once.

Edited by Suncake

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Sure I can.
I was talking about 2 different builds, you need max duration on Blessing one and minimum duration on EV one.

Energy Vampire, commonly referred to as EV, is the second skill in Trinity skillset.
You target an enemy and press 2 (you are on ps4 so I don't know how do you console players use skills, but you have to use the second one on the enemy): It deals damage to an enemy and gives 4 pulses of energy restoring 1/4 of your power strength each (for a total of 4/4 of your power strength, so the more power strength you have the more energy is given). Every pulse occurs "x" seconds after the previous one (the "x" can be increased or lowered by manipulating power duration, this is why a low duration build works better. e.g. with 12% duration a pulse occurs once every 0.3 seconds). The Range affects how far can your teammates be from the enemy you are targeting. (I usually run with 160 range in normal mission, and 250 in mission with huge maps).

Blessing on the other side gives XX% damage reduction for YY seconds (where XX is affected by power strength and YY is affected by duration).
With 282% duration (that's the maximum you canget without the arcane helmet) you will have a total duration of 28,2s. If I am correct you need around 180% power strength to get the maximum damage reduction possible (75% after the nerf). I suggested getting some range too because Blessing build are commonly used with Link. Link is a skill that reduces incoming damage by 75% and reflects 100% of the damage back to the attackers). Link is affected by duration.

Trinity's first ability is not used anymore, there was a bug with Well of Life and Energy Vampire that allowed you to onehit kill enemies, but they got fixed.
Anyway it allows you to suspend an enemy target in the air, it gives him 10x HP and heals your teammates when they attack him.

EDIT: if you use Energy Vampire on an enemy and kill him, all remaining pulses will occur. This allows Blessing build to get use of Energy Vampire.

Edited by Prepotenza

1 minute ago, Prepotenza said:

Sure I can.
I was talking about 2 different builds, you need max duration on Blessing one and minimum duration on EV one.

Energy Vampire, commonly referred to as EV, is the second skill in Trinity skillset.
You target an enemy and press 2 (you are on ps4 so I don't know how do you console players use skills, but you have to use the second one on the enemy): It deals damage to an enemy and gives 4 pulses of energy restoring 1/4 of your power strength each (for a total of 4/4 of your power strength, so the more power strength you have the more energy is given). Every pulse occurs "x" seconds after the previous one (the "x" can be increased or lowered by manipulating power duration, this is why a low duration build works better. e.g. with 12% duration a pulse occurs once every 0.3 seconds). The Range affects how far can your teammates be from the enemy you are targeting. (I usually run with 160 range in normal mission, and 250 in mission with huge maps).

Blessing on the other side gives XX% damage reduction for YY seconds (where XX is affected by power strength and YY is affected by duration).
With 282% duration (that's the maximum you canget without the arcane helmet) you will have a total duration of 28,2s. If I am correct you need around 180% power strength to get the maximum damage reduction possible (75% after the nerf). I suggested getting some range too because Blessing build are commonly used with Link. Link is a skill that reduces incoming damage by 75% and reflects 100% of the damage back to the attackers). Link is affected by duration.

Trinity's first ability is not used anymore, there was a bug with Well of Life and Energy Vampire that allowed you to onehit kill enemies, but they got fixed.
Anyway it allows you to suspend an enemy target in the air, it gives him 10x HP and heals your teammates when they attack him.

Ah okay that makes more sense.  So if i'm understanding correctly you have to go one way or the other?  You can't do a build that lets you use link, EV, and bless effectively?

If so which missions would warrent which type of build?

Just now, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Ah okay that makes more sense.  So if i'm understanding correctly you have to go one way or the other?  You can't do a build that lets you use link, EV, and bless effectively?

If so which missions would warrent which type of build?

Yes, you have to go one way or another. Because low duration damages the effectiveness of Blessing and Link.
Well, as I said in my edit you can use Energy Vampire effectively with a Blessing build by killing the target after casting EV on it.

But generally talking EV is what your team need in most missions. Blessing build is stronger imho, but it requires more practice to be effectively played.
Note: there's an augment for Energy Vampires that allows to overcharge shields. I don't like that at all but it is fairly good in normal gameplay.

3 minutes ago, Prepotenza said:

Yes, you have to go one way or another. Because low duration damages the effectiveness of Blessing and Link.
Well, as I said in my edit you can use Energy Vampire effectively with a Blessing build by killing the target after casting EV on it.

But generally talking EV is what your team need in most missions. Blessing build is stronger imho, but it requires more practice to be effectively played.
Note: there's an augment for Energy Vampires that allows to overcharge shields. I don't like that at all but it is fairly good in normal gameplay.

I see.  I got curious about Trinity because I saw a build for her called the "over protective trinity" in where the guy was doing a blessing/link build with ack and brunt.  Energy leech was there for overshields and the ack brunt mod that allowed him to take the damage being applied to his allies and reflected back at enemies since link is doing that.  Obviously that's a much later build once i've gotten used to her and have some more mods.

So I guess you are saying I should start with an EV build to get the feel of how she plays.  and then switch to using a blessing/link build once i've gotten a handle on her because you can still get decent use from EV by killing the target early?

Do you think you can give me a full mod setup for an EV build and a blessing/link build?

Well, I would suggest this for somewhat efficient Link build. No formas used, but you still need a reactor if you want Energy Vampire to be benefical at all. You can search for other builds, maybe I'm missing something here. You can also stick to regular +stat mods - Stretch, Intensify, Streamline and Continuity without any corrupted mods and add more survivability mods instead.

EA98B.png

68922.png

Here are my Bless and EV builds. Trin Prime with 3 formas, though.

F8loo.jpg

3iiXd.jpg

Edited by Suncake

1 hour ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

I see.  I got curious about Trinity because I saw a build for her called the "over protective trinity" in where the guy was doing a blessing/link build with ack and brunt.  Energy leech was there for overshields and the ack brunt mod that allowed him to take the damage being applied to his allies and reflected back at enemies since link is doing that.  Obviously that's a much later build once i've gotten used to her and have some more mods.

That's funny. i just decided to revisit her and make a build for her with this exact idea in mind. Haven't seen that "overprotective Trinity" vid yet, might have to check it out.

here is the build that I have made for this purpose though (Bless/Link)

Spoiler

I'ms still tweaking it a little and plan on using either handspring or power drift in the exilus. it has 3 forma in it, but you can make this setup without any on it, just put Rejuvenation in place of corrosive projection.

Trin.jpg

7 hours ago, Suncake said:

Well, I would suggest this for somewhat efficient Link build. No formas used, but you still need a reactor if you want Energy Vampire to be benefical at all. You can search for other builds, maybe I'm missing something here. You can also stick to regular +stat mods - Stretch, Intensify, Streamline and Continuity without any corrupted mods and add more survivability mods instead.

Reveal hidden contents

EA98B.png

68922.png

Here are my Bless and EV builds. Trin Prime with 3 formas, though.

Reveal hidden contents

F8loo.jpg

3iiXd.jpg

yeah i always potato my frames. Thanks for the build.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

That's funny. i just decided to revisit her and make a build for her with this exact idea in mind. Haven't seen that "overprotective Trinity" vid yet, might have to check it out.

here is the build that I have made for this purpose though (Bless/Link)

Reveal hidden contents

I'ms still tweaking it a little and plan on using either handspring or power drift in the exilus. it has 3 forma in it, but you can make this setup without any on it, just put Rejuvenation in place of corrosive projection.

Trin.jpg

a max blind rage? god damn.