Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not enough reactant

_Vortus_

On the Cinxia/Ceres Interception Meso Fissure 11/24/16 at 0345 US Central ran for three rounds.  Round one and two, 9 reactant dropped.   Nine.   Two players left, host transfer, it made us reselect our relics, than sat on the spawn point and could do nothing, either of us while the grineer played on.   Please increase the reactant to at least allow finishing the mission.

Did you and your squad wait a while for a fissure to open before mass murdering the grineer?

I find the only reason I'm low on the reactant is due to having my squad kill everything in sight before a fissure brings in reinforcements or when a fissure opens to put the opposing faction on the void team.

8 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

Did you and your squad wait a while for a fissure to open before mass murdering the grineer?

I find the only reason I'm low on the reactant is due to having my squad kill everything in sight before a fissure brings in reinforcements or when a fissure opens to put the opposing faction on the void team.

THIS!

9 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

I find this to be really stupid.
When I play defense I usually try to nuke the map down (unless I am going really high), I can't stop my whole strategy to make reactants spawn.
Increasing their drop rate would benefit the normal gameplay.

1 minute ago, Prepotenza said:

I find this to be really stupid.
When I play defense I usually try to nuke the map down (unless I am going really high), I can't stop my whole strategy to make reactants spawn.
Increasing their drop rate would benefit the normal gameplay.

Things would have to come out of the void or be controlled by it in the first place before any of it can drop. Increasing drop rate won't help if you already cleared the entire area of enemies from spawning, and the enemies that do come from the fissures are only in small groups.

They were ahead for a while.   Regardless, even if slaughtering them, at least 10 should drop at a minimum.   The next game the first round was fine.   Second round not one single fissure opened at all.  Player other "endless" fissures and never had this issue.   Have had only 10 drop.   But 9, then a fissure not even opening?  Already filed bug report on the one with no fissures are all.

Just now, SurrealEdge said:

Things would have to come out of the void or be controlled by it in the first place before any of it can drop. Increasing drop rate won't help if you already cleared the entire area of enemies from spawning, and the enemies that do come from the fissures are only in small groups.

Small groups, that's it.
Let's say 3 per fissure. You would need just 4 fissures to complete the mission.
That's all.
I agreed in the past with this system, cause there weren't endless missions available, and this system slowed down the Exterminate rush a bit.
But now I feel this to be unpleasant.

1 minute ago, Prepotenza said:

Small groups, that's it.
Let's say 3 per fissure. You would need just 4 fissures to complete the mission.
That's all.
I agreed in the past with this system, cause there weren't endless missions available, and this system slowed down the Exterminate rush a bit.
But now I feel this to be unpleasant.

I haven't done an interception run at all since the changes, as it more or less has overlapped with how exterminates were should you join in late. It's not an issue with survival or defense, having higher enemy density to balance interception would be ideal considering the conditions that survival and defense puts you in and the plentiful amount of reactant.

1 hour ago, SurrealEdge said:

yeah, same issue can happen in normal events too, especially lower level ones, when you have people running round with equinox maim or embers wof.  It can kill the enemy before it 'creates' reactant. 

Part of the reason I normally take nekros to the lower levels is because of this.