The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties, I feel bad for the coming storm

TaylorsContraction

DE has listened to player feedback and has given the players what they've been asking for.

1) we see nitain threads pop up every time someone has to build vauban prime. The biggest complaint, "I work 24/7, nobody got time for alerts". So DE has added nitain to sorties. Do at your leisure, no time wall, just some rng.

2) sporadically through the years peeple have been asking for 12 hour forma crafting time so you can make 2 per day. Instead, you now have a chance at an extra forma through sorties, we asked for this.

3) people have been complaining about 2k endo for a long time. The main reason was that there is a 4k reward making the 2k redundant and feelsbanman.jpg. instead of getting rid of it outright, they've lowered the chance of getting it instead.

4) exilus ADAPTER, now is just the blueprint. First of all, it's a rare drop (from sorties) as is, and no one asked for this particular change. I've never gotten an adapter (from a sortie), and run sorties almost everyday. Not sure why this was changed, perhaps people were getting enough that it was hurting in not enough adapter purchases.

5) boosters, maybe we'll have a choice of which but unlikely. This too helps new players a lot, but offers little for vets who carry most of the sortie missions. Those that complain about affinity, "too hard to level things normally, I'll just cheese bere", or the constant drone about "need moh credits", well now you can get lucky and get help with these things much.

While everything added to sorties was what players asked for, none of it actually reflects how we envisioned getting the.. For end game players this is a step backward, while for new players one step forward and two steps back.

I'm not so jaded as to not recognize the value forma, boosters and endo have for new players, but nitain? IT'S A TWAAAP.jpg. Even if nitain is somewhat timely to get, isn't that the point, it's a time gate? Furthermore new players can work on acquiring nitain, before they even need it. Furthermore the 2k endo reward is still there, booo. It needs to be 2k kuva, ain't nobody gonna complain about that as  everyone needs it in  droves, or will need it.

The biggest thing is of course end game players will see this as just diluting the sortie reward pool because all we really want from sorties are riven mods. This is a premptive post that I hope people will see before the salt spills out of the dev announcement into general feedback. DE is trying to give us what we've all been asking for, or well some of us anyway.

Edited by TaylorsContraction
Forgot to talk about the boosters

From the way the update thread is worded, it's always been an exilus adapter blueprint.

Right now the Sortie reward pool includes:

Endo (2K)
Endo (4K)
Riven Mod
Lens/Greater Lenses
Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint
Exilus Adaptor Blueprint
Legendary Core

New Sortie Rewards after this Update will be:

Riven Mod
Endo (2K) (radically lowered drop chance)
Endo (4K)
3 Day Booster
Lens/Greater Lens
3 Nitain
Forma
Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint
Exilus Adaptor Blueprint
Legendary Core.

to me 3 nitain just doesn't feel like a 'prize' for completing sortes.... there are level 100 enemies in the last level so you know it's not like running though a level 15 whatever to get one nitain. 

All I've wanted with nitain is that the alerts are changed to the same system as nightmare missions where they are 'active' for 8 (6 in the case of nitain) but can only be done once. 

Endo - the drop rate is just far too low on this considering how much we need, it's that simple.  All the end game players have plenty left over, it's the new players who the drop rates hurt.

Exilus Adapter - doesn't bother me, I've been getting mine from cephalon....

Forma - crafting time still needs to be lowered when you consider this is still rng drop rates...

To me a 3 day booster doesn't really do much for me personally...

If I'm honest the only thing I actually want off the sorte list is the orokin reactor/catalysts but they're pretty rare to get hold of, that and lots of endo (5-10k per 'drop' ideally)...

Not to mention most 'end game' players don't need 90% of what's on that list...

Edited by LSG501

2 hours ago, TaylorsContraction said:

DE has listened to player feedback and has given the players what they've been asking for.

1) we see nitain threads pop up every time someone has to build vauban prime. The biggest complaint, "I work 24/7, nobody got time for alerts". So DE has added nitain to sorties. Do at your leisure, no time wall, just some rng.

2) sporadically through the years peeple have been asking for 12 hour forma crafting time so you can make 2 per day. Instead, you now have a chance at an extra forma through sorties, we asked for this.

3) people have been complaining about 2k endo for a long time. The main reason was that there is a 4k reward making the 2k redundant and feelsbanman.jpg. instead of getting rid of it outright, they've lowered the chance of getting it instead.

4) exilus [B ADAPTER[/B], now is just the blueprint. First of all, it's a rare drop as is, and no one asked for this particular change. I've never gotten an adapter, and run sorties almost everyday. Not sure why this was changed, perhaps people were getting enough that it was hurting in not enough adapter purchases.

While everything added to sorties was what players asked for, none of it actually reflects how we envisioned getting these things. For end game players this is a step backward, while for new players one step forward and two steps back.

I'm not so jaded as to not recognize the value forma and endo have for new players, but nitain? IT'S A TWAAAP.jpg. Even if nitain is somewhat timely to get, isn't that the point, it's a time gate? Furthermore new players can work on acquiring nitain, before they even need it. Furthermore the 2k endo reward is still there, booo. It needs to be 2k kuva, ain't nobody gonna complain about that as  everyone needs it in  droves, or will need it.

The biggest thing is of course end game players will see this as just diluting the sortie reward pool because all we really want from sorties are riven mods. This is a premptive post that I hope people will see before the salt spills out of the dev announcement into general feedback. DE is trying to give us what we've all been asking for, or well some of us anyway.

Exilus adapters can also be purchased fron Teshin as a conclave reward 

All they had to do was remove the 2k endo reward, but no, leave it to DE to solve a easy situation by throwing 10 more problems on top of it....

Other than 2k endo diluting drop tables we'll also have to deal with boosters, formas and nitain. All of these which you can get in daily logins/rare containers, drops from relics/invasions/rare containers and 4 times per day in alerts. Even the Exilus shouldn't be there as you can get them from Teshin or Simaris, but anything goes to mess up the drop rates as much as possible.

Bravo DE, all you had to do was to remove 1 or 2 stones out of the road and instead you built an airport to cross over it.

I'm gonna be so happy each time I get those sniper only corpus missions filled with nullifiers, techs and sapping ospreys 1 shotting us, and then ending it and get that magnificient reward of 3 nitain/3 days boost/forma.... Just wonderfull........

28 minutes ago, NeonNemesis said:

...Bravo DE, all you had to do was to remove 1 or 2 stones out of the road and instead you built an airport to cross over it...

Yes and no. That's all you and I wanted. DE wanted to make sorties attractive to everyone, not just you and me. Sadly they bulked the solution to many player concerns into the sorties. The two I personally am strongly opposed to are the nitain (make it a guaranteed drop on mission 3), and changing exilus adapter to a bp. It costs 2 forma to craft them, and they were a very rare sortie reward far as I'm concerned.

4 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

Yes and no. That's all you and I wanted. DE wanted to make sorties attractive to everyone, not just you and me. Sadly they bulked the solution to many player concerns into the sorties. The two I personally am strongly opposed to are the nitain (make it a guaranteed drop on mission 3), and changing exilus adapter to a bp. It costs 2 forma to craft them, and they were a very rare sortie reward far as I'm concerned.

After TWW the sorties became avaliable only for players that have already completed it, for that you need to complete natah and 2nd dream and to start TWW you need to unlock a good deal of the rails (can't remember which one but saw a ton of ppl complaining about it whent TWW came out)

The chances of that type of player being specifically after formas, boosts or nitain is the same as you getting every new relic and prime drop from it at the first try without spending traces on it.