Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why all of you will stop playing sorties if they keep this progression

F0rcem4x

Okay... I guess after today's sortie I just decided to finally post this. Only veteran people would probably understand what I'm talking about. Even though, these suggestions do apply to new players as well. Read the bold letter only to go directly to the point.

Let's go back to where the sorties just came out. It was pretty cool and fun, as the rewards looked so worthy and I'm suspecting the chances for different rewards were far different from now. I used to like sorties because they were challenging, kind of, and you had a pretty good chance to get a nice reward. I happened to get 2 legendary cores on my first couple of months of sorties, and I also got cool special weapons I didn't have.

But suddenly I stopped playing sorties. Somehow, I didn't get anything but fusion cores (and always 25, by the way, never 50). I already had the special weapons so I didn't really have another reason to do sorties, except for the fun. But that's what I'd say if they actually didn't become boring. I already know how to fight against every faction, and be prepared for every modifier. It wasn't fun anymore. Just another mission I would lose my precious time with, just to get 25 fusion cores. So I stopped playing it. Was pointless.

Then Nezha came out and, ok, let's do the sorties to get Nezha. Also the endo came out and it was pretty exciting so, yeah, why not doing a couple of sorties to get some endo (although it's actually the same as fusion cores). But then again, I stopped playing sorties because I can get far more endo, in a far smaller time, in a far funner way... So I stopped playing sorties again.

Now BOOM, the new and exciting riven mods!! Pray the RNG so that you get one from sorties, then pray the RNG to get it for the weapon you want, then pray the RNG to get decent stats... More grinding in a game I used to love because it didn't have too much grinding.

So think about this from the perspective of an advanced player (and there are a lot of advanced players in warframe, daring to say that they are a very important amount):

- New players are already entertained with a lot of stuff that they have to do before getting into more advanced stuff.

- As to advanced players, we already have the endo we need. Actually, any player can get far more endo, in far less time, in a far funner way by just running Hieracon or another excavation.

- With the new hotfix I feel even more frustrated because NOW... I can get formas, boosters, or nitain! SO... Let me put it in this way...

Sorties are not challenging anymore, for so many players. You can solo them while laughing at Hek's and Alad's face and scratching your a** with one of your hands, and playing the banjo with your feet.

With that being said, why would I do the sorties instead of fissures to get formas? Why would I do sorties instead of keeping an eye on the alerts (there are one million alert trackers) to get nitain? Why would I do the sorties to get a booster if I always have boosters active? Why would I do sorties for endo if I know of better ways of getting endo, and better ways of getting all the other stuff the sorties offer, in a shorter, simpler, and funner way?

Why would I do sorties to get a riven mod, if all that the sorties give me is endo, formas, boosters, nitain, lens, reactors, or some other crap?

And that is the point I am right now. Look, I never crafted greater lens, I never bought packs of endo... I have over 20 nitain extracts, I have plenty of forma blueprints, I have the lens I need, I have the endo I need, I have some riven mods, I have boosters, I have every single frame and every weapon with their correspondent adapters... Wow... it just feels I'm starting to lose my time here again. So that's why I will stop playing sorties again. And everyone else eventually will.

I used to love Warframe because of what it was at the beginning. It's super cool that you don't need to grind that much to get the stuff you want, and you can just have fun with friends but... This is probably being turned into another grinding game. Thanks for the last kuva fix, by the way. I was starting to go crazy... But well... I guess I won't need kuva anymore either!

Keeping up a videogame means keeping people playing and having fun. Well... Unfortunately the fun stops when you reach MR23 (as for today). Something has to be done to reverse all of this. I will tell you what an advanced player does when she/he logs in (pick up one or two):

1. Run a raid or two with decent players.

2. Play a sortie and get disappointed by getting another 2k endo.

3. Get the focus cap in 40 minutes.

4. Sell her/his vaulted stuff.

5. Attempt a leaderboard if her/his friends are logged in too (happens once in a month).

6. Put 8 formas on Lex.

7. Try out new fashions.

8. My favorite: troll people in the region/recruiting/trading channels.

Not many other choices, really...

Anyone else like me worried about the progress of Warframe? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Don't stop thinking!

Cheers

Edited by F0rcem4x

Yes, please feel free to dictate to me my motivations for doing things.

The chance for Riven's hasn't changed. 

I still get a Riven about every 3-4 sorties.

I still need endo, and always will for selling maxed mods to people.

Also, you forgot another thing that advanced and veteran players do, that I know myself and others do:

9) Hang out in recruiting helping newer players with questions and difficult missions.

I guess it's a preference you have, then. I prefer saving my time and stuff, get tons of endo in no time, level up a couple of primed mods and trade them for exactly the riven mods I want, or just crap riven mods and then re-rolling them, going straight to the point if it's riven mods what I want :awkward:

I think the point they was making (in a long drawn out way) was make sortie rewards more exclusive, end game rewards, riven mods, legend core etc... but sorties are a little to easy to drop the best prises every time, like BM Leonhard says you often get crap arcane from a raid, maybe there could be some middle ground, weekend sorties, with better chance of the best rewards, maybe 5 missions long, and much harder level

1 minute ago, (XB1)XI TBL said:

I think the point they was making (in a long drawn out way) was make sortie rewards more exclusive, end game rewards, riven mods, legend core etc... but sorties are a little to easy to drop the best prises every time, like BM Leonhard says you often get crap arcane from a raid, maybe there could be some middle ground, weekend sorties, with better chance of the best rewards, maybe 5 missions long, and much harder level

I love that idea. Yet the chances (as well as the reward table) should be significantly better.

Edited by F0rcem4x

I won't stop playing sorties until I get a legendary core.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)XI TBL said:

This sounds intresting, Although lets make it even more special that you have to do all types of mission, Excavation/Exerminte/Defense/etc(except archwing) and then you finish up with a Assassination mission and it starts on 100 and each mission ups it by 25, so the assassination is something like lvl 300.

Sorties are rarely, if ever actually challenging. The only real time I had a hard time was if I forgot to change my filter to friend's only on a Radiation Hazard Defense pre-change that made the objective into a revivable person and not an object. They've always been a chore which gave half-decent credits and a CHANCE at good rewards, and far as I can tell, they really haven't changed in that sense. 

If you've found that you're not enjoying the game any longer, it may be a sign of simple burnout. Take a break, go play something else new and exciting and don't return for six months or however long it takes you to want to play again. Burnout happens. Personally, I love this game a lot and while I find almost everything shy of a long endless to be child's play, I keep playing. I like dicing Grineer to bits and space-magic free running through the tiles, but it does indeed become boring at times and I need to take a couple weeks worth of hiatus or only do dailies that appeal to me for a time. That's pretty much all games. 

10 hours ago, Wolfglaive said:

If you've found that you're not enjoying the game any longer, it may be a sign of simple burnout. Take a break, go play something else new and exciting and don't return for six months or however long it takes you to want to play again. Burnout happens. Personally, I love this game a lot and while I find almost everything shy of a long endless to be child's play, I keep playing. I like dicing Grineer to bits and space-magic free running through the tiles, but it does indeed become boring at times and I need to take a couple weeks worth of hiatus or only do dailies that appeal to me for a time. That's pretty much all games. 

No, no, I do enjoy the game. What I don't enjoy anymore is doing sorties. Right now it's pointless. Instead of doing sorties, I'm just gonna do other stuff that will provide better things, other than another 2k endo. There was a simple way to fix the reward table, by just increasing the endo reward to 4k as minimum, and 8k as maximum, and removing one of the endo rewards (becuase it's senseless to have 2 rewards which are basically the same but in different quantity, cmon, you have better imagination than that).

So, a lot of people already have boosters (thank god they removed them from sorties), a lot of people have catalysts, reactors, adapters, a lot of people already have formas, and a whole lot of people already have nitain extract (more than enough). What's the point of doing sorties if you have like 0.5% chance of getting a legendary core (which will only happen after 200 sorties, time that you can use to do something far more productive), or a dumb chance to get a S#&$ty riven mod (which will only happen after so many several sorties, time that you can use to get a lot of endo, instead of getting the S#&$ty 2k endo reward, and level up primed mods, sell them, and get the riven mod you want).

I'm just lost with this. What are devs thinking about? I would like to know the reasons behind this change. Maybe what they actually want is that people stop playing sorties :awkward: