Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Operator armor outfits for combat (image)

Vlada91

I cant stop focusing on the line art - it's kind of weird. Was the original art made in pencil and then scanned?

As for the outfits, they're fine but I don't think its part of the current WF/operator aesthetic to have so much detail going on like buckles, belts, armor etc. Operator costumes tend to be more simpler, elegant and seamless.

Edited by AluxVee

1 minute ago, AluxVee said:

I cant stop focusing on the line art - it's kind of weird. Was the original art made in pencil and then scanned?

As for the outfits, they're fine but I don't think its part of the WF/operator aesthetic to have so much detail going on like buckles, belts, armor etc. Operator costumes tend to be more simpler, elegant and seamless.

Perhaps they need more new costume changes when operator is now more ready for combat and that so they need  their armor suits for combat.... :smile: 

What if some new armor suits have to be in good benefit as armors in RPG games....

5 hours ago, Sharkinabox said:

what about if you added little mechanical bits here and there, like an exoskeleton to help them get around faster?

or something of armguards that would do more dmg with voiddash?

my thoughts exactly :)

On 11/30/2016 at 10:05 PM, Vlada91 said:

my thoughts exactly :)

Perhaps each Focus School should have a 'Warframe' for the Operator to don, granting them a set of Focus powers analogous to a Warframe if it was made with that School as it's 'template', with each set granting specific pieces of it's skillset, but never 'working properly' if applied with other set parts (set bonuses = powers, passives of that Focus School)?

Just a thought.

As for the original, I like the idea of having the Operator Suits having modular hardpoints to mount actual armour on. 

Hold on, got a big idea:

Why can't we wear Grineer/Corpus suits (Melee Lancer/Ranged Lancer (with location variants) | Crewman (with variants) )?

6 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Perhaps each Focus School should have a 'Warframe' for the Operator to don, granting them a set of Focus powers analogous to a Warframe if it was made with that School as it's 'template', with each set granting specific pieces of it's skillset, but never 'working properly' if applied with other set parts (set bonuses = powers, passives of that Focus School)?

Just a thought.

As for the original, I like the idea of having the Operator Suits having modular hardpoints to mount actual armour on. 

Hold on, got a big idea:

Why can't we wear Grineer/Corpus suits (Melee Lancer/Ranged Lancer (with location variants) | Crewman (with variants) )?

Yea a agree, I only wait when the time comes for a new operator cool looking suit...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I like that DE noticed this miracle and made into reality. Its my old post from 2016  :satisfied: :highfive:

9jQokRN.jpg

And I hope for operator 2 look mature in age and not to become mature just because he/she have armor and looks mature because of that....

Edited by Vlada91

They're pretty cool and do fit the game overall, just not the theme of the upcoming combat armour pieces we're putting ontop of our bodysuits.
If we're making them from plants, stones, skins & flesh from the things in Plains of Eidolon I think the combat suits you've drawn are a bit too techy, but they would probably work really well for the upcoming Venus openworld node since it's likely going to have more of a Corpus vibe than wildlife.

On 9/7/2017 at 5:07 PM, Navarchus said:

They're pretty cool and do fit the game overall, just not the theme of the upcoming combat armour pieces we're putting ontop of our bodysuits.
If we're making them from plants, stones, skins & flesh from the things in Plains of Eidolon I think the combat suits you've drawn are a bit too techy, but they would probably work really well for the upcoming Venus openworld node since it's likely going to have more of a Corpus vibe than wildlife.

Yes but buck then i whos working for armor to look like oparator style and now DE create to look more like Tenshin+greener+operator armor :smile: but the most important thing is that an idea from last year finally inserted into reality.....I just hope that operator is going 2 look mature like adult person and not to look mature because of his armor on him....if you know what I mean