Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heat Sword Worth It?

OuTest

Question

Hello, I just got the Heat Sword Blueprint from the Quest Once Awake and I'm currently building the Atterax. I'm wondering if the Heat Sword is better than the Atterax or if the Atterax is better than the Heat Sword?

I Appreciate All Replies.

9 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, OuTest said:

Hello, I just got the Heat Sword Blueprint from the Quest Once Awake and I'm currently building the Atterax. I'm wondering if the Heat Sword is better than the Atterax or if the Atterax is better than the Heat Sword?

I Appreciate All Replies.

Overall, each has their benefits and disadvantages... That said, at the very least, build the Heat Sword and rank it to 30 so you don't need to worry later.

Few weapons can beat Atterax, it's just a beast of a weapon. The Heat Sword is ok at the beginnig, but falls short really quickly especially if you don't have Crimson Dervish or Vengeful Revenant, since Iron Phoenix is the worst stance I`ve encountered so far. 

Since you gain its blueprint during the "Once Awake" mission, the Heat Sword is a great weapon against the infested in the early game. Once you get to Venus, you just grind out the two Dark Sectors for credits ( I prefer the survival DS at the northernmost point ). There's a dual version, its BP easily obtained and built through the market.

The Atterax is a beast, being one of the few melee weapons with the highest crit damage multiplier. The other weapons being the Prisma Dual Cleavers, Dual Ichor, Dual Raza, and the Dual Zoren.
The grineer script on the weapon spells out "MEAT BLENDER". Just in case, you wanted to know.

As others have stated, just build it when you have the materials and rank it up to 30 for that lovely MR fodder.